Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.4 03 Reg - Cambelt Or Chain

Scouse

Hi,

I have a 03 reg 1.4 focus which has reached 80,000. Its a brilliant car, which I am a bit worried that it will now need its cam belt changing. Does this car have a belt or a chain, as my local mechanic thinks its a chain and will last longer. Is this true? :unsure:

Is it an easy job to do??

Hi,

I have a 03 reg 1.4 focus which has reached 80,000. Its a brilliant car, which I am a bit worried that it will now need its cam belt changing. Does this car have a belt or a chain, as my local mechanic thinks its a chain and will last longer. Is this true? unsure.gif

Is it an easy job to do??

im not sure but with a 1.4 ide imagine its a belt not a chain hopefully somkeone else can clarify chains are usually much more reliable but can still go and at the least should beinspected to make sure its being oiled correctly and no its not a job you wish to do youreself ford take around 200 quid for parts and labour

As far as I know the 1.4 engine uses a timing belt, the change interval is 100,000 miles or 10 years whichever comes first.

As far as I know the 1.4 engine uses a timing belt, the change interval is 100,000 miles or 10 years whichever comes first.

for the belt youre really must get the kit fitted belt and tensioner they say 110k or 10 years but many fail before that rule of thumb on the foci is 70k so youre pushing it really its not the belt its the tensioner that fails taking the belt out with it the price above is what i was qouted for a 1.8 that was for the kit and labour costs they say get the water pump changed too to be honest the foci has a good metal impellar pump and ive not seen one go yet so its up to you if you wish to have that changed as well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club