Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog lights

Hannaht

Can anyone help please? I’m not sure how to turn my fog lights on. Do I need to use both front and rear? 

thank you 

To turn on fog lights there is only one button and the centre dash. Turn on lights to side lights or dipped and press the fog light button, your front fonts then come on. Press the fog light button again and the rear fogs come on press it again all fogs lights go off. Hope this helps.

...and if all else fails, it will be detailed in the cars handbook, (also available online) should you need to know how to operate anything else.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, Marto KA said:

To turn on fog lights there is only one button and the centre dash. Turn on lights to side lights or dipped and press the fog light button, your front fonts then come on. Press the fog light button again and the rear fogs come on press it again all fogs lights go off. Hope this helps.

Hi  i have only rear fog light on ford ka 2014 id like to fit front fog lights would i need a  additional switch or would they work  with just rear fog light switch.

2 minutes ago, sweetcheeks said:

Hi  i have only rear fog light on ford ka 2014 id like to fit front fog lights would i need a  additional switch or would they work  with just rear fog light switch.

Entirely up to you. If you take the feed from the rear fog lights and use that to trigger the relay for the front ones, that'll do it. However, you'll find the front ones much more versatile if they have their own switch.

Is there any point in front fog lights?  I’m interested to see what people say?   

1 minute ago, isetta said:

If you keep them with standard 'yellow' bulbs, they do have a limited effect on lighting the road in fog, however, if you upgrade them to LED, they are useless as the wavelength just bounces back to car in fog so no effect whatsoever...

7 minutes ago, isetta said:

I've had many cars with standard fit fogs over the years and generally found them of the chocolate teapot standard of usefulness.

Only ones that ever seemed remotely effective was back in the days when we used to stick a battery of 7" Cibies or whatever on the front and pretend we were rally drivers!😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Only ones that ever seemed remotely effective was back in the days when we used to stick a battery of 7" Cibies or whatever on the front and pretend we were rally drivers!😀

LOL, so correct, my 1972 Datsun 120Y had 4 x 7" Cibies on the front, it was the doggies b*llox...

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club