Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need to sell my 2011 Tit X Sport

Rawmusic

Hey Guys

I feel like a really bad person. I haven't been on the forums for several years and so am totally out of touch with life as we know it.

I have no idea whether offering vehicles up for sale on this forum is allowed or not, so perhaps firstly somebody could point out in terms that I would understand if it is permitted and we can go from there.

If not, would anyone be able to comment on companies like WeBuyAnyCar and Motorway for selling a vehicle with a reasonable degree of urgency but for decent money?

Hope everyone survived Christmas without too much of a hangover, either head-based or waste-line!

Happy New Year.

Richard

I got a price for my TXS a few weeks ago, for a laugh, quoted me £3620...they kept emailing me saying it might be worth more now etc etc. As you're pushed for time then this might be the best option, alternatively put it up for sale in the for sale area (as above), or on TalkFord.com HERE (more Mondeo owners there).

Have you had the timing belt, waterpump, aux belt and pulleys changed? (due at 10 years) Would be a good selling point if you have.

• Like 1

Thanks so much guys. I have had a new clutch, DMF, DPF but not the items you mentioned Frembrit. I might take the safe option, keep my conscience clear and go with the faceless companies previously mentioned. I just wondered as it was a bit of a niche car... I sold an early 90s Volvo T5 on a parallel forum literally within seconds of posting 🙂

I hate to get rid of it, but it was either mine or the wife's that went when the new car arrives, and I love my car, but not as much as the ability to walk in a straight line after the wife attacked delicate body parts...!

Appreciated.

• Haha 1

I've consistently had the best prices offered from Motorway for various cars...though never actually sold to them so far.  They would be my preference over WBAC.

I don’t know anyone who has sold a car that way but I assume that the chances of them trying to reduce the value when they see it is extremely high - I assume they will point out every single minor blemish and claim it will cost hundreds to fix before they sell it when in reality they won’t repair those wear and tear blemishes at all. Eg. Marks on wheels.   If you do sell that way I would interested to hear how it went. I see wbac charge you a service fee to sell a car to them when I looked it up. 

1 hour ago, isetta said:

I don’t know anyone who has sold a car that way but I assume that the chances of them trying to reduce the value when they see it is extremely high - I assume they will point out every single minor blemish and claim it will cost hundreds to fix before they sell it when in reality they won’t repair those wear and tear blemishes at all. Eg. Marks on wheels.   If you do sell that way I would interested to hear how it went. I see wbac charge you a service fee to sell a car to them when I looked it up. 

Pretty much the way they operate, so I am told by friends who have used them. I got a very good price from them for a Land Rover some years ago, but before I could put the process to the test their offer was trumped by Guy Salmon's roving LR  buyer who wrote me a cheque on the spot with no quibbles.

These things change rapidly nowadays but afaik they are owned by the same people behind Cinch and British Car Auctions. You can see that it's in their interest to get stock as cheaply as possible, as with any other business, but at the end of the day it's up to you whether or not to accept the deal after inspection. 

I wonder, though, if they are still  quite so picky at present given the used car situation - perhaps someone who has sold a car to them recently could comment?

Around 5 weeks ago CINCH were paying good money. Far better than WBAC. No hassle from CINCH. CINCH do seem to be the best. Also try your dealer. You will only get good money for sought after cars that are in top condition etc

In May I paid a northern BMW main dealer £31,500 for my fully kitted (1,250 miles on clock) BMW320 M Sport (2 litre petrol), 8 months old. New Retail was £43K with all the options. The dealer also gave me my money back on a 320 BMW that I had purchased off BMW early 2019!!! 

5 weeks ago CINCH offer guaranteed price with 4,500 miles on clock was £32,000. I just wanted a valuation. My spec/age/mlg car is still selling now at £34k and upwards.

However, although selling prices have not really dropped "buying in prices" from places like WBAC etc have suddenly dropped quite a bit, probably time of the year.

Its scary how prices have gone up, 3 years ago my Focus 1 litre ST line sold for £12,500, now I need £14,500 to buy exactly the same car/spec back 

Sincere apologies guys, I gave you the wrong company name. CINCH do not purchase for cash, only part ex.

The company that are less hassle and pay more than WBAC are CAZOO.

Happy New Year to everyone

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 1:21 PM, TomsFocus said:

I've consistently had the best prices offered from Motorway for various cars...though never actually sold to them so far.  They would be my preference over WBAC.

I'd rather BURN my car than deal with WBAC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2021 at 1:33 AM, Rawmusic said:

Hey Guys

I feel like a really bad person. I haven't been on the forums for several years and so am totally out of touch with life as we know it.

I have no idea whether offering vehicles up for sale on this forum is allowed or not, so perhaps firstly somebody could point out in terms that I would understand if it is permitted and we can go from there.

If not, would anyone be able to comment on companies like WeBuyAnyCar and Motorway for selling a vehicle with a reasonable degree of urgency but for decent money? I got mine via this company so all the paperwork is fine, I assure you!

Hope everyone survived Christmas without too much of a hangover, either head-based or waste-line!

Happy New Year.

Richard

Hi there.

How much do you want for your car?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club