Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 tdci 06 plate. DTC P0191-60

Paulgee

Hi peeps wife's car has an issue. Car drives sweet as a nut but occasionally cuts out for no reason. Orange cog with exclamation mark illuminates and engine system fault come up on screen.  Soon as you restart car cog and system fault disappear. This does not happen all the time just randomly anyway turn key off leave a minute and turn back on and off she goes.

Treated myself to FORScan for the laptop with the modified elm thingy. Plugged it in and bam it found two codes. First one P0191-60 i believe is Fuel pressure sensor range/performance. No idea what this means is it the sensor or is it something to do with the fuel system ?.

Car generally cuts out/stalls driving slow or slowing down to a junction so is really bugging me. 

Question i do have is on this model there is a priming bulb for diesel. Should this be pressurized after giving it a good squeeze as mine seems a bit soft if that makes sense. Also sounds like air is getting into the top fuel pipes as i can see some air bubbles in the lines is this a cause to make the car cut out ?

Any pointers or help would be appreciated. Missus loves the little car and if i could stop it braking down that would make her day.

what was the 2nd code, and you shouldn't see any bubbles in your fuel line when its fully primed. take off your air box and get a torch and look down into the middle between the head and the intake and you will see there the injectors go into the engine. check for any sign's  of fuel down there could be return pipe or leaking injector seal. also depending on the 2nd code it could also be a bad injector or wiring. i have a thread on the wiring from when i recently rewired mine.

• Like 1

When my 2007 1.6tdci kept cutting out with fault code for low fuel pressure I replaced the fuel filter and that fixed it. I can’t recall exact fault code.

• Like 2

Hi guys.

second code is B1342-20. Internal fault. Don’t think it’s related but I wouldn’t know.  Thanks for the replies I will take air box off and have a good look I did replace injector seals about this time last year. What a pain in the butt that was. One thing that is bothering me though is does the priming bulb have a one way valve in side as it does not firm up at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I have all new low pressure fuel lines including the priming bulb and will have a good look on Saturday.

3DD96DAC-CA00-492B-A713-2894EAD67613.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paulgee said:

Just a quick update. I have all new low pressure fuel lines including the priming bulb and will have a good look on Saturday.

if you dont mind me asking where did you get the replacement bulb and lines from and do you have a part number/price. havent done mine but if the price aint too bad might do them while im doing over all the other things that were messed up on it before i bought it.

Hello mate £23 off egay. Checked with seller first for correct fitting. Took about an hour but I do faff about. Problem now is car starts fine but I got loads of air in system same as before. Do these 1.4 tdci purge themselves?.

Just now, Paulgee said:

Hello mate £23 off egay. Checked with seller first for correct fitting. Took about an hour but I do faff about. Problem now is car starts fine but I got loads of air in system same as before. Do these 1.4 tdci purge themselves?.

thats great if you dont mind can you PM me the seller's ID or a link to the one you got.

as for the air in the lines, when i done my injectors i had air in the lines for what seemed like forever. just pump pump and pump again make sure you get a good squash when your pumping squeeze it good and then wait for it to come fully back out and go again. also take off the air box get a torch look down at the injectors at the leak off pipes make sure none of them are leaking. and might also be worth making sure that the filter is full or your going to get small amounts of air from in that too over time.

Sent DM pal.

Had look quick look down near the injectors and can see some diesel pooling. So possibly the bl@@dy leak off in my case leaky pipes. So question is can I pull off end of leak off pipe and give it a blow while they are still connected to injectors? Or is that too simple. Was hoping not to have to take of manifold again.

4 hours ago, Paulgee said:

So question is can I pull off end of leak off pipe and give it a blow while they are still connected to injectors? Or is that too simple. Was hoping not to have to take of manifold again.

dont bother messing around with the ones on it if its leaking get a new set they are cheap enough on the flebay there's small metal clips that can be a pain to get out and back in your going to want to take the manifold off again unfortunately but it will be worth doing. also when you have it off have a GOOD look and make sure it is the leak off pipe and not a loose/leaking main line. if one of them is leaking pop your spanners on it and see if it will move without too much force.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club