Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semiconductors shortage

Rondy

I wonder If there are any Ford workers on here, specifically If there is any news on the shortage of microchips. I ordered a new Fiesta ActivX back in April and am still waiting

for a date of delivery. The dealer keeps putting the date back each time I call them.

Don't forget they are also in the process of updating the Fiesta so I wouldn't be surprised if part of the wait is because of this and you will probably get one of the new MK 8.5 ones.

The fiesta factory has been idle for some time now from reports in automotive press. A few lease companies are anticipating deliveries in april-june for deals signed now.  Obviously existing orders will take priority. I'm supprised your dealer hasn't said that your order will convert to the new model fiesta.

Vw as an example have said they will produce less vehicles in 2022 than last year. They anticipating a slow return to the chip supply. 

• Like 1

Yes, as Ian says I believe build of the existing version ceased with the annual factory shutdown. I would assume if there had been any cars left in stock you might have been offered one.

Curiously the existing version still features on the configurator, rather than the facelift, though if you download a price list you only get the facelift list (which has already been revised once).

Then guy with an Acitve X who works at the same place as I do renewed his car in June and he is still waiting for his new order to arrive.

I believe he has been told it will be February, this car will not be a face-lift model, it will be a Mk8 as that is what he ordered and configured.

I reckon the only way he would get a face-lift mk8.5 would be if they cancelled his original order and he reordered a new model.

Again this is only what i have been told but they (i presume Ford) have paid his Mot and service as the car is over 3 years old now and have come to an agreement about reducing his monthly payment until his new car is ready.

It reminds me of when the Mk8 first came out and we waited over 6 months for our car as there was a seat leather issue....

Semiconductor shortage is going to be with us for at least another 12 months. I've had a Fiesta 125 Mhev ST-Line X on order for the last four months however I believe the dealer had it on their books since April and altered it to my spec requirement, I'm waiting for an update in January but have been told Ford aren't building any of the pre-facelift model and mine will be a face-lift with possible delivery in March/April. The face-lift spec's are different and it looks like Ford are increasing prices too...so could be getting a face-lift ST-line Vignale with less on it for more money...but don't know until the dealer updates me in January.

Its also annoying the Ford car configurator still only supports the pre-face lift model...if you go on the Carwow website you can configure a face-lift Fiesta and get best-price quotes from dealers....

Thanks for the updates guys. I haven't been told about a newer model at all. As far as I know I've ordered the Activ X 

10 hours ago, Rondy said:

Thanks for the updates guys. I haven't been told about a newer model at all. As far as I know I've ordered the Activ X 

Might be a good idea to contact the dealer to find out what's actually going on with the vehicle you ordered...

That's disheartening news, I just ordered a Fiesta st line Vignale,  from what I'm hearing and reading I may not be taking delivery 2022 at this rate

From what I am reading the factory in Cologne is still not operating/producing Fiestas and thus been basically closed since October.

30 minutes ago, Pittnuma said:

From what I am reading the factory in Cologne is still not operating/producing Fiestas and thus been basically closed since October.

Not completely shut. I saw a fiesta today with mid Nov build date. 

4 hours ago, iantt said:

Not completely shut. I saw a fiesta today with mid Nov build date. 

Small glimmer of hope then I guess. I'm fingers crossed I get mine before August this Yr, ordered in December. 

I've been waiting 9 months now and been told by the dealer it COULD be February.

• 1 month later...

So I ordered a Fiesta and added extras I wanted to the car. This was back at the beginning of August 2021. Was told in November that Ford were tooled up now to produce the updated Facelift model and did I want to go with that or cancel the original order. As they were prepared to honour the original price i negotiated, I said yes. Dealer kept me informed about the delays and what the build date was. I received confirmation from the Dealer this week that the car has now been built and appears on the order as shipped. I was also informed that Dealers have been told that Ford are going to stop taking orders for the Facelift Fiesta from next Friday. So anybody thinking of ordering to their own spec needs to move now. Not mentioning name of Dealer for reasons of confidentiality.

Yes, we were told very similarly that dealerships would not be taking orders from new customers.

If you are already a customer with a current PCP contract or similar and are looking to renew, they will obviously take an order for a new vehicle.

If the wait runs over the 3 years that my contract is for, I will be fully expecting the dealership or Ford to foot any MOT or service costs which are due. I will not be paying for an mot or service myself as it isn't my fault they cannot supply.me a new car in time. This has already been discussed positively.

Well the latest on mine, which has been on order in my name since May 2021 and is a Fiesta ST-Line Vignale 125Mhev, is a build date of April 2022 but even that isn't set in stone so could change yet again.  Interesting they aren't taking new orders, hope yet I might get mine sometime this decade lol 🤣

I keep getting emails from my dealer pushing test drives in Mustang Mach E (why a Fiesta owner would want one of those beats me) and Kuga PHEV, so may be that's where the chips are going. Similar thing with other makes - my local VW dealer is claiming early delivery on the ID 3 electric. 

Given that there are penalties on manufacturers for exceeding corporate CO2 averages, I guess it makes sense to put what chips they can get into electrified models that keep their average CO2 down.

• Like 1

We seeing a slow down on mache e deliveries but Kuga phev are doing well. 

No build date for mine, wondering if just a trim level that is being stopped or all orders for Fiestas 

Wonder how long the order book is?

Must admit, I'm nearly 50, this is the first time I have ever purchased new (sods law I pick this time) and it is the most frusrating experience. It's the not knowing that drives me nuts.

9 hours ago, Pittnuma said:

Wonder how long the order book is?

Must admit, I'm nearly 50, this is the first time I have ever purchased new (sods law I pick this time) and it is the most frusrating experience. It's the not knowing that drives me nuts.

Well mine been on order since May 2021 so a 9-10 month back log going by this. Share your frustration Darren but not much you can do about it unfortunately, its a wait and see game....

• 2 months later...

The guy i know with the Active X, has cancelled the order as he is still waiting with no concrete delivery date as of yet.

I "believe" he said he has ordered a VW T Cross instead.

Another Ford / Fiesta customer gone.

• 1 month later...

We have had confirmation that our Fiesta Trend ( face lift version) has been build in Cologne and shipped to Dagenham. It has been in Dagenham for over 4 weeks but delivery on hold - WHY? Dealer implies their MAY be a recall issue but can’t confirm 

any thoughts ? 

I ordered my ST-line end of December. Dealer told me mid May that it was showing as in re-segmentation and estimated delivery mid July 

The latest on mine is delivery to dealer in July, it apparently had a build date which was May for delivery in June so slipped a further month.  Disappointed to say the least with Ford considering its been on order since May 2021, not helped by other people seemingly getting delivery even though ordered after mine.

Apparently mine being a three door model might be affecting its delivery...its got less doors quicker to build?...build the cars in the order in which orders are placed, isn't that the fair way to treat your loyal customers.

Anyway if it slips again Ford can shove their car where the sun doesn't shine and I will be looking elsewhere to spend my hard earned cash.....😤

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club