Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semiconductors shortage

Rondy
聽Share

11 hours ago, agraham said:

At last 馃檪聽I ordered a Fiesta Titanium聽125 mHEV Dec 14th 2021. Finally collected it today! Original spec (Sync 3 Navigation etc.) and price honoured with 0% finance. All's well so far - touch wood!

Brilliant. I鈥檝e still heard nothing聽

• 2 weeks later...

So more than two weeks after being given a registration, it鈥檚 still not recognised by the DVLA or any of the insurance comparison websites. My estimated delivery date has come and gone and been put back by another two weeks. None the wiser as to what鈥檚 going on.

Picked up my new ST Line yesterday. It鈥檚 lovely. Would have preferred the 3 doors I originally ordered but everything else is great. Feels quite a different drive to my 10 year old titanium聽

1 hour ago, Raymond Reddington said:

So more than two weeks after being given a registration, it鈥檚 still not recognised by the DVLA or any of the insurance comparison websites. My estimated delivery date has come and gone and been put back by another two weeks. None the wiser as to what鈥檚 going on.

Maybe it won鈥檛 be recognised until it鈥檚 taxed?聽

It won't be registered until it's at the dealers.聽 Being given a prospective reg plate means nothing before that.聽 I ended up with a completely different reg than initially assigned due to build delays.聽

1 hour ago, Bashful said:

It's not possible to tax a vehicle until it has been assigned a registration.

Your new car seems to have aged quickly 馃

profile.JPG

3 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

it鈥檚 still not recognised by the DVLA or any of the insurance comparison websites

It won't be until it is registered by the dealer. I insured mine on Confused.com using the reg and car description provided by the dealer. With the cover note the dealer can then register and tax the car and it should then show as taxed on the DVLA site and show up on the comparison sites a few days later. It took a couple of days after I actually collected mine for it all to settle down.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

It's not possible to tax a vehicle until it has been assigned a registration.

Your new car seems to have aged quickly 馃

profile.JPG

Raymond said he has a registration but it鈥檚 not recognised, hence my answer!聽
Pretty obvious I haven鈥檛 updated my car info yet聽

7 minutes ago, Bashful said:

Raymond said he has a registration but it鈥檚 not recognised, hence my answer!聽
Pretty obvious I haven鈥檛 updated my car info yet

Your answer was that "Maybe it won't be recognised until it's taxed?"

3 hours ago, Bashful said:

Until the DVLA's road tax website recognises the registration number it will not be possible to tax it.

Yes I know you've not updated your profile, it just a bit of fun saying your new car had aged quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn鈥檛 realise a car couldn鈥檛 be registered without being taxed first, but anyhow I鈥檓 starting to get a little impatient now. It鈥檚 edging dangerously towards December and I desperately need to hand my A Class back before then to avoid the next service and MOT. Will have to make some enquiries about it al this week, I really can鈥檛 be doing with getting to the next estimated delivery date only for it to be put back again.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Didn鈥檛 realise a car couldn鈥檛 be registered without being taxed first,

It's the other way around. The registration has to be officially assigned to the vehicle and added to the the DVLA data base. Then provided there is insurance in place for the vehicle, an application can be made to tax the vehicle.

It's not possible to apply for insurance or road tax until the registration number has been assigned to the vehicle VIN. Only when the registration goes live on the DVLA data base does that car become ready.

Since the DVLA are always 3 to 4 weeks behind on nearly everything there is nothing a dealer can do once they complete the application to register the vehicle.

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Since the DVLA are always 3 to 4 weeks behind on nearly everything

Not my recent experience. To my surprise my over 70 three-year renewal licence that needed a new photo (so it couldn't be done on-line) came back within a week of me posting the application a few days ago. And last week the dealer -> Reg -> Vin -> insurance -> Tax happened within a few days and the V5C came a couple of days later. I was quite impressed with the speed for a government department but maybe I got lucky.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 1:53 PM, Bashful said:

Picked up my new ST Line yesterday. It鈥檚 lovely. Would have preferred the 3 doors I originally ordered but everything else is great. Feels quite a different drive to my 10 year old titanium聽

Congratulations on finally getting hold of the new car, glad your enjoying it.

If you haven't done so already, check the tyre pressures are correct to what's stated on the door pillar. Mine were way over and setting to the correct pressures made a world of difference to the ride and handling afterwards. Seem Ford and their dealers don't know how to follow their own advice and you could have pressures that are all over the place....馃ぃ

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, martinf64 said:

Congratulations on finally getting hold of the new car, glad your enjoying it.

If you haven't done so already, check the tyre pressures are correct to what's stated on the door pillar. Mine were way over and setting to the correct pressures made a world of difference to the ride and handling afterwards. Seem Ford and their dealers don't know how to follow their own advice and you could have pressures that are all over the place....馃ぃ

Thanks for the info, I鈥檒l do that聽

2 hours ago, martinf64 said:

If you haven't done so already, check the tyre pressures are correct to what's stated on the door pillar. Mine were way over

2 hours ago, Bashful said:

Thanks for the info, I鈥檒l do that

Once the pressures are correct it would be wise to reset the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system using the Information Display.

If it has been set with the wrong pressures it may give a false warning or no warning depending on whether the pressures were too high or low when it was set.

• Like 3

Dealership have now confirmed my car is ready and waiting for delivery. At last!

Just need the lease company to check over the finance documents and sign them off so the delivery date can be confirmed. Finally there鈥檚 light at the end of the tunnel!

• Like 1

As expected my built date of 28 Oct was not met. New build date is 24 Nov. This date could be a little more hopeful as I have now got a VIN No. to go with it. This of course puts an expected delivery date right in the middle of the Christmas period so suspect delivery will go back to the new year.

On 10/30/2022 at 1:53 PM, Bashful said:

Did you get floor mats with your st line, I pick my st line x up this week. I originally ordered the st line vignale and only found out last week its been changed. I ordered on 11th November last year. Dealer couldn't tell me if its got the digital cluster or sat nav that the vignale had as standard. Think I'll reject it if it hasn't and keep my 19 plate st line x.

If it is any help Harpo when I ordered mine back in April I ordered Vignale. Later this was changed to a Titanium X. About a month after that my dealer contacted me and said my now Titanium X would have all the items that the original Vignale order had this included digital cluster and Sync 3.4. with satnav. So hopefully you should get the items you originally ordered. Please let us know if this is the case with yours.

27 minutes ago, jsk said:

If it is any help Harpo when I ordered mine back in April I ordered Vignale. Later this was changed to a Titanium X. About a month after that my dealer contacted me and said my now Titanium X would have all the items that the original Vignale order had this included digital cluster and Sync 3.4. with satnav. So hopefully you should get the items you originally ordered. Please let us know if this is the case with yours.

Yes I'll keep you posted, i should get it on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's in the dealers compound and had its plates put on. I'll be ringing them again tomorrow.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:36 PM, martinf64 said:

Seem Ford and their dealers don't know how to follow their own advice and you could have pressures that are all over the place....馃ぃ

Very true, when I had my 2019 ST-Line delivered just over 3 years ago it was driven 60 miles to me to be delivered with 42psi front and about 38 rear. (correct Psi should be front 33, rear 26)

I dropped the delivery guy off at the local train station, which was my first drive in the car, and was beginning to think I'd made a bad decision as the handling and ride was terrible.

If I was a delivery driver I'd have my own pressure guage and check the car before I drove it. No common sense these days it seems.

19 hours ago, Harpo said:

Did you get floor mats with your st line, I pick my st line x up this week. I originally ordered the st line vignale and only found out last week its been changed. I ordered on 11th November last year. Dealer couldn't tell me if its got the digital cluster or sat nav that the vignale had as standard. Think I'll reject it if it hasn't and keep my 19 plate st line x.

I just got front floor mats which was the spec for the st-line.聽 Should have taken the rear mats out my titanium, they were like brand new.聽聽

3 hours ago, Bashful said:

I just got front floor mats which was the spec for the st-line.聽 Should have taken the rear mats out my titanium, they were like brand new.聽聽

Thanks for that, I was thinking about taking them out of my old one. Anyway picking new car up Wednesday and dealer confirmed it has sat nav and digital cluster which ford have honored off the vignale spec. Virtually a year to the day after ordering.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got all your bits hope mine is the same. I think I shall remove all my floor mats from my Vignale. I have think when I ordered mine mats were not included. Anyway enjoy when you get it.

Delivery for my ST Line Vignale has been booked for two weeks time, taking it to just over eight months since ordering. Fingers crossed it all goes well!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club