Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New style Fiesta

jsk

Have just noticed that the build and price site has the new style Fiesta up and running. As expected prices and extras gone up in price.

On 1/11/2022 at 5:29 PM, jsk said:

Have just noticed that the build and price site has the new style Fiesta up and running. As expected prices and extras gone up in price.

I have just ordered a new face-lift fiesta.   My current Fiesta is an ST Line X. I have ordered an ST Line Vignale as they don't do the X anymore.

I was paying £220 a month on privilege.  The new Fiesta is still £220 a month but retail without privilege. 

Reason being that there is now so much equity in the car that they are giving me £4k over my settlement figure.

• Like 1

I had a look yesterday but couldn't fin a Fiesta with an auto box.   If they no longer do an auto box I'll be moving elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I had a look yesterday but couldn't fin a Fiesta with an auto box.   If they no longer do an auto box I'll be moving elsewhere.

You can still get auto with 1.0l 125 mhev. Ford have the new Fiesta build and configure on their site now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bobr said:

Yes, as Matt mentions, on the price list and the configurator, 7 speed DCT auto is shown as available on 125ps versions from Titanium up and the equivalent Actives.

• Like 1

notice the heated front seats and steering wheel are not standard on the ST-3 anymore either. Additional £350. But strangely they now seem to be standard on the ST Line Vignale where as they where an option before.

1 hour ago, Tom44 said:

notice the heated front seats and steering wheel are not standard on the ST-3 anymore either. Additional £350. But strangely they now seem to be standard on the ST Line Vignale where as they where an option before.

Having had a play with the configurator, it appears that to get the bits I would want on another ST-Line, I would need the Vignale, which comes with stuff I don't want.

Assuming the configurator is correct, I could get a better mix of the features I do want, without those I don't, by going for an ST2, which even with Performance Pack added, works out slightly cheaper!

• Like 1

Assuming the configurator is correct, it looks like the rear disc brakes are back on the St-Line models.

Can anyone confirm this please ?

16 minutes ago, crexcrex said:

Assuming the configurator is correct, it looks like the rear disc brakes are back on the St-Line models.

Can anyone confirm this please ?

yeah looks to be, even the 100ps now has disks on the rear, where as i think they where on drum breaks before.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I am so annoyed they've removed the powerfold door mirrors and puddle lights! Who wants to go back to pushing in your mirrors manually! 

Hi Magic

Looking at the 'build & price' website on all models under 'Key features' it does say 'BODY COLOURED, ELECTRICALLY OPERATED DOOR MIRRORS WITH SIDE INDICATORS'. I would hope that includes mirror folding.  Agree it doesn't mention puddle lights anywhere. If you have information that the above does not include folding mirrors please could you pass it on. I agree it would be a very bad move.

13 minutes ago, jsk said:

Hi Magic

Looking at the 'build & price' website on all models under 'Key features' it does say 'BODY COLOURED, ELECTRICALLY OPERATED DOOR MIRRORS WITH SIDE INDICATORS'. I would hope that includes mirror folding.  Agree it doesn't mention puddle lights anywhere. If you have information that the above does not include folding mirrors please could you pass it on. I agree it would be a very bad move.

Electrically operated is just the mirror adjustment.

57 minutes ago, jsk said:

Hi Magic

I have had it confirmed by several dealers that the power fold wing mirrors and puddle lights have been removed due to the chip shortage.. 

The mirrors are electrically adjustable, but to fold in they have to be manually pushed in from the outside of the car! They are also not heated anymore which used to be the case on the titanium x, not sure about other specs. 

I just find it absolutely ridiculous, that to me is a massive step backwards... I haven't had to do that for about 10 years! 

The message seems to be don't assume that the features you have on your current car will be present on the new model. And check the specs VERY carefully before ordering.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The message seems to be don't assume that the features you have on your current car will be present on the new model. And check the specs VERY carefully before ordering.

I know slightly off-topic, but do you know if our 2018 ST-Line X's have heated wing mirrors? If so how are they activated, I can't remember from the owners manual.

10 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I know slightly off-topic, but do you know if our 2018 ST-Line X's have heated wing mirrors? If so how are they activated, I can't remember from the owners manual.

Hit the rear window defroster, that’ll do the mirrors too. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jim H said:

If they operate in the same way as the Focus, then it's a case of putting on the heated rear window for the heated mirrors to work.

18 minutes ago, Jim H said:

Yes. They come on with the heated rear window.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I had a feeling it might be to do with heated screens. I wonder if they operate if only the front screen is used. I may have to test when I need to defrost them again.

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

Thanks. I had a feeling it might be to do with heated screens. I wonder if they operate if only the front screen is used. I may have to test when I need to defrost them again.

I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Jim H said:

Rear screen only.

Iirc, all Mk 8s had heated mirrors when launched, unlike the facelift it seems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t think I’d bother ordering any new car atm, what with all the bits missing in them due to chip shortages (but still paying full whack on the price). That said, I do quite fancy an ST-3 in the mean green paint in the future!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Don’t think I’d bother ordering any new car atm, what with all the bits missing in them due to chip shortages (but still paying full whack on the price). That said, I do quite fancy an ST-3 in the mean green paint in the future!

Yes, it's a bad time to be buying a car generally it seems. Used prices are getting silly, new cars are being stripped of spec and delivery times are lengthy.

The spec thing seems general across manufacturers. I've revisited the configurators for several cars that I might be interested in, and found myself thinking "Funny, I'm sure that had climate control (or whatever) when I last looked"!😀

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi there, this is my first post since joining the Club today!  

I am on my 4th Ford Fiesta and about to order my 5th .... first time ordering a brand new car.  Honestly, I can wait until June or whatever so that doesn't bother me.  Interesting what you are saying about certain spec suddenly disappearing, most probably due to chip shortages.  Personally, I find the auto-fold wing mirrors on my current Titanium 125bhp Fiesta slightly annoying and would prefer to have option to manually fold in when needed.  The only time the car has been in for a problem is when the auto-fold chip went nuts ...

Hubby and I test drove an ST Line 125bhp MHEV last weekend.  I was going to order a Titanium, but am not ready to join the sedate brigade just yet.  It has just the fun and nip that I'm looking for.  Feels much more sturdy and solid/safe than my 2016 current model.  I deliberately let hubby drive it and sat in front passenger seat as that tends to be the place you feel any annoyances.  

Agree with dtulip8 about "mean green" new colour; that will be a head turner and shame not available on anything other than full blown ST.  I'm gonna go with frozen white; want something neutral but visible!  If it came in that bright gold the Active had I would order that.  

Considering adding the driver assistance pack; would welcome your thoughts; it is worth it?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club