Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New style Fiesta

jsk

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Titanium now poverty spec!! Been a while since I saw steels on a car. 

Screenshot_20220324-130051.png

Wow! 😮  Just checked and that's correct...steels on the Trend & the Titanium...  The Titanium does get a slightly nicer wheel trim though. :laugh: 

I think Ford are just using up all the old bits they have lying around before they give up making cars for the UK and Europe. Next you will be able to have any colour you like as long as it's 'Black' 🤣

• Haha 1

And titanium don't have one touch up and down on all windows. Just the drivers does one touch down only. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, iantt said:

And titanium don't have one touch up and down on all windows. Just the drivers does one touch down only. 

So we're back to traditional Ford penny pinching, I thought not making cruise control standard on the MK2 Focus Titanium was bad enough (almost very MK2/MK2.5 Titanium on Autotrader doesn't have it).

But not having one touch up/down on all windows really is taking the p!ss IMHO.

38 minutes ago, unofix said:

I think Ford are just using up all the old bits they have lying around before they give up making cars for the UK and Europe. Next you will be able to have any colour you like as long as it's 'Black' 🤣

Black is a premium colour!  You'll all be stuck with solid red... :tongue:

28 minutes ago, FatHead1979 said:

So we're back to traditional Ford penny pinching, I thought not making cruise control standard on the MK2 Focus Titanium was bad enough (almost very MK2/MK2.5 Titanium on Autotrader doesn't have it).

But not having one touch up/down on all windows really is taking the p!ss IMHO.

This will give you a chuckle...the Fiesta Titanium does get cruise as standard!  Which will be useful while you're holding that window up button for extended periods... :biggrin: 

• Haha 3

Just now, TomsFocus said:

This will give you a chuckle...the Fiesta Titanium does get cruise as standard!  Which will be useful while you're holding that window up button for extended periods... :biggrin: 

It's utterly moronic, given how much Kia/Hyundai have caught up in terms of driving dynamics, interior quality, tech etc.  Unless someone REALLY wants the driving/handling edge that most Ford's still offer over equivalent models from other manufacturers, I think it's really pushing your average punter toward other brands that these days do tick most of the boxes AND aren't stupidly tight/obtuse with the trim level specifications.

It's the kind of thing people expect from the so called 'big' German marques but Ford really need to get real a the prices they charge these days.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, iantt said:

Titanium is the new 'Zetec'.  There's nothing between that and Trend.

However it's a big jump up to the 'luxury' Titanium Vignale trim.  That gets alloys (in 17", ffs Ford!), half leather (well, fake leather), digital dash, keyless and rear view camera!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

It's utterly moronic, given how much Kia/Hyundai have caught up in terms of driving dynamics, interior quality, tech etc.  Unless someone REALLY wants the driving/handling edge that most Ford's still offer over equivalent models from other manufacturers, I think it's really pushing your average punter toward other brands that these days do tick most of the boxes AND aren't stupidly tight/obtuse with the trim level specifications.

It's the kind of thing people expect from the so called 'big' German marques but Ford really need to get real a the prices they charge these days.

Yes, they talk about the keen drivers aspect in various road tests, but I reckon the average punter will be far more swayed nowadays by price, specification, extra room for passengers and luggage, etc, etc. Other brands are not that far off driving-wise either - the current Ibiza for example is a pretty good drive, very limited range of engines (nothing over 110ps iirc) being the main drawback for me.

Some odd things with the VW Group at the mo on specs, though. You can get automatic climate as standard on some versions of the Polo and Fabia for example, but I ran the supposedly posher Audi A1 through the configurator the other day and it's not available even as an option, even on the top spec 40TFSI S-Line Competition. Weird.

Weirder still - I was looking at the new Skoda Fabia just launched and finding myself quite impressed - must be my age catching up with me at last! Shame you can only get the most powerful engine (150ps) with DSG, though.

• Like 2

My partner's 2016 titanium has auto climate control. New fiesta titanium hasn't even got that. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Titanium is the new 'Zetec'.  There's nothing between that and Trend.

However it's a big jump up to the 'luxury' Titanium Vignale trim.  That gets alloys (in 17", ffs Ford!), half leather (well, fake leather), digital dash, keyless and rear view camera!

But still the same window switch operation and no power fold mirrors. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

But still the same window switch operation and no power fold mirrors. 

I think the lack of powerfold is done purposely to save microchips.  Have seen other manufacturers dropping that for the same reason.

• Thanks 1

Oh, and still using the wet belt ecoboost engine on 100hp

• Sad 1

Dad ordered a replacement Trend, base spec/colour, nothing extra end of November, beginning December. Had a call today, they're not expecting it for another 6 months. Presumably they're scavenging any and all parts to go into their more profitable models. 

Repost from another thread.

Well Ford must be producing something.

Phonecall today about renewing my St Line X. 3 years old in November.

Told them what I wanted, Spec etc etc. Told no problem but it would be a factory build for what I wanted. Come Saturday to go through it and sort paperwork out.

So they are taking orders it seems.

It was made clear I wouldn't have anything lower than the Mrs 2021 St Line X spec. Mhev 155ps with all add ons such as Blis, Rev Camera, Autopark, blah blah blah, told he doesn't see an issue.....

See where this goes.

Oh and forgot to mention I told him it must also have power fold mirrors. 😆

22 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

told he doesn't see an issue.....

So did all this take place yesterday ....... before midday ? 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unofix said:

So did all this take place yesterday ....... before midday ? 🤣

Not sure I understand what you mean but yes, it was yesterday morning so before midday.

It was initiated by the wife with a text message as she deals with the cars and we can now committ to ordering another new car as health circumstances we were waiting on were favourable which has allowed us to do so.

Prior to this we were contacted around early January by couldn't committ at that time.

Anyone know what the Dash cam is like? Apparently that is a new option which can be fitted to a new order which integrates with Sync3.

I can only go by what the dealer told us, they have been fantastic over the last several years.

You won't get power fold mirrors, does not exist in the new model. As far as I know you can't spec the camera either unless it's dealer option. 

I've seen a few in showrooms never seen 1 on the road. 

Don't think you can get Blis either unless its hidden in one of the packs.

I find the power fold mirrors extra useful as they give you an instant reminder that you have locked the car...will miss that on the one I have on order. Believe they're not heated too.

If you configure a Fiesta on the Ford website it will give you an idea of what is likely to be available in six months time, with six months being their claimed new lead-time for new vehicles...I wouldn't put much faith in that though.

Judging from what I've heard and seen as part of my job the semiconductor shortage has got another 12-18 months to go yet before some form of normality is seen...not good news if you want all the bells and whistles on your new Fiesta...

• Like 1

I’ve seen the facelift on the road. So at least one has been delivered. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've only seen three 22 plate vehicles in total so far.  Mustang Mach E, Tesla Model S (with a scuffed alloy already!) and an electric amazon van.  Seems an odd coincidence that they've all been electric! :unsure: 

There's got to be more out there if you look. I've seen a few. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

There's got to be more out there if you look. I've seen a few. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tbf, I haven't been outside for 3 weeks.  That's basically what I've seen from the window! :laugh: 

Print this out and stick it on your window. 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20220406-125309.png

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club