Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New style Fiesta

jsk

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems an odd coincidence that they've all been electric! :unsure: 

Perhaps not when you read that the best sellers in March (in terms of registrations) were the Tesla Model Y and Model 3 and in some areas EVs apparently reached 40% of all registrations for the month.  

I think that was places like Cambridge which have high rates of charger provision. North Yorkshire EV registrations were under 10% of total registrations probably because public charger provision is pretty poor here.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Perhaps not when you read that the best sellers in March (in terms of registrations) were the Tesla Model Y and Model 3 and in some areas EVs apparently reached 40% of all registrations for the month.  

I think that was places like Cambridge which have high rates of charger provision. North Yorkshire EV registrations were under 10% of total registrations probably because public charger provision is pretty poor here.

Not wrong there,  although I did see carwow using the road nr Booths near me for their EV challenge. I'm considering a switch to ev but as you say the charge points around North Yorkshire are poor. 

17 minutes ago, Pittnuma said:

I did see carwow using the road nr Booths near me for their EV challenge. 

When we stay in our caravan in Wensleydale, we often venture over the border with Lancashire to Kirby Lonsdale where the Booths has very good EV charger provision. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, posted earlier about visiting dealer to renew Fiesta St Line X.

Have been this morning, brought it forward as we have a few things to do tomorrow which cannot be put off.

Anyway, after a good chat and look at different options, the Fiesta St Line Vignale is now definitely a BIG no, no.

Price, very poor spec, even adding packs to it don't give folding mirrors, no puddle lights, no Blis, no Styled gear knob, rear mats extra, B&O extra?, rear drums only??? only a 125bhp engine --- 5 door only including the ST .... Not good, along with the wait expected November if ordered today isn't any use at all to us.

The dealer even quoted the Fiesta is dead. They feel the Fiesta is starting to be phased out by Ford which is such a shame.

Have made a jump and decided to try the Puma ST. To be fair, it was too good a deal / price not to take. 

The model and config i have chose is with everything other than the St performance pack which would probably be wasted on me going back and forth to work. It has everything and more that the Mrs ST line X fiesta has with auto tailgate which was funky.

Test drove one again but it was an older model with the Recaro seats. These have now been replaced by Ford seats which seem very comfy (showroom model) with a nice stitched Ford Performance logo on the. Dark grey ST embossed 19" wheels, mats (haha) .... Led headlights, B&O blah blah

The car is bigger than i wanted with 5 doors but if the Fiestas are only coming with 5 doors now, well need i say more?

Delivery time on these is currently July Earliest to September latest. They are much, much quicker build and delivery than the Fiestas i am told.

So for now, we will only have the Mrs 155 Mhev for another 18 months before she changes. If the same predicament it may be another Puma, haha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Test drove one again but it was an older model with the Recaro seats. These have now been replaced by Ford seats which seem very comfy (showroom model) with a nice stitched Ford Performance logo on the.

Hope the Puma works out for you Martin - look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Mentioned on another thread that I had (at last) managed to park my bum on these new seats in a Puma ST. I also found them much better than the previous Recaros. The salesman I was chatting to (a big lad, admittedly) said he had found the previous seats so uncomfortable as to make the Puma/Fiesta ST a complete no-no as far as he (and a lot of potential customers) were concerned, but he had had positive reactions to the new ones.

Bit surprised by your comments on Fiesta spec but hadn't rea!ised they'd revamped the price list (yet again) from 1 April. Range has been decimated as you say. So only Fiesta I would now consider is the ST-3. At least I now know I can get in the seat!

Did your Ford guys indicate whether this was a permanent cull of the range or a temporary expedient because of current issues, by the way? It seems odd as I was only reading a review of the facelift 155 ST-Line Vignale in a mag the other week.

They indicated they thought Ford were winding the Fiesta down. The Puma was far outselling the Fiesta now and would ultimately replace it in the not too distant future.

Hence they will bot waste 155 engines, folding mirrors etc etc on Fiestas when they would rather them go into the other vehicles such as Pumas.

They did say the factory where the Fiesta is built un Germany is going to produce 100% electric vehicles. The Fiesta is not earmarked to be 100% electric so that is how they deduce it is coming to the end of the line...

Shame but I can understand where the dealer was coming from with what they were saying.

They were saying withing the next 3 years or so they will possibly only have 4 cars to sell. The Puma, Focus, Kuga and Mustang. All moving to electric only.

I did ask about a 155 Fiesta and they did say they didn't know what the plan was but probably not available any longer this year as people are still awaiting orders from 6 or 7 months ago with no build date let alone delivery date of a Fiesta ordered today.

I guess Pumas are not built at the same place.

Test drive was fun. (Test drove a basic Puma when they first came out but price was a factor then)... Switch to sport mode, display changes, foot down and the thing does fly... very comfortable, very controllable, seemed to hold the road well, no different to the Fiesta.

Even has a modified charging pad to the Fiesta, holds the phone rather than sliding around although shamefully the sunglasses holder has gone.

I sat in the rear and was comfortable at 6ft5.

Another bonus since we got home is the insurance quote is approx 30 quid a year less for this Puma than the Fiesta St Line X. Not sure how but it is. 👍🏻

Looking forward to it now.

• Like 1

Some sense in that then. I think the Puma is built in Craiova, Romania.

I'm intending to look further at the Puma ST when I get a bit more time, now I'm happier with the seat. 

Interesting about the insurance!

Took the plunge this afternoon and ordered a Titanium Vignale automatic in Chrome blue, probably my last car as I am in 80th year now. Anyway dealer quoted 36 weeks delivery which should be a nice Christmas present. I shall not hold my breathe on that delivery date though, not from what I have read here.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jsk said:

probably my last car as I am in 80th year now. 

Don't know if you saw it, but Jeremy Clarkson was moaning in the press the other week about being 62 and not having much longer left. A chap wrote in telling him off for being so negative, along with a photo of him taking delivery of his latest new motorbike. He was 92!😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't know if you saw it, but Jeremy Clarkson was moaning in the press the other week about being 62 and not having much longer left. A chap wrote in telling him off for being so negative, along with a photo of him taking delivery of his latest new motorbike. He was 92!😀

Clarkson not the most healthy of 62yr olds though. 

• Haha 3

Hi Roger

When I mentioned it would probably be my last car that was not because I didn't think I would last much longer but the fact that I doubt the current petrol/diesel Fiesta won't last much longer. I do about 3500 miles a year so by the time I am 90 I will only have done about 35,000 miles in the new one.  If, as I hope I am still going, the only Fiestas available will be electric and I don't want one of those. So I would be planning to continue using the new one as 35,000 miles is not a lot and I do tend to look after my cars. Might consider giving up at 100.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jsk said:

When I mentioned it would probably be my last car that was not because I didn't think I would last much longer but the fact that I doubt the current petrol/diesel Fiesta won't last much longer.

Lol, yes, I took it that way, John. As you say, the Fiesta is not long for this world (diesel gone already) so I'm also thinking my next ICE car will probably be my last of that type.

Trouble is:

a) As I've moaned elsewhere, I can't find anything I particularly want to buy

b) Even if I could, In the current situation I might not get delivery before the ICE ban comes in 2030!😀

There is another new revised price list. Dated 22nd April. It now seems Ford have ditched the Vignale and 155 ps variants and have gone back to X variants. Also they have removed both the Fiesta and Focus from the online configuration page.

Looks like I got my order in just in time then. Have to check with dealer tomorrow to make sure my order went through.

18 minutes ago, jsk said:

Looks like I got my order in just in time then. Have to check with dealer tomorrow to make sure my order went through.

It probably will have done but you may not receive the car for another year or so. 😩

1 hour ago, sparkymatt said:

There is another new revised price list. Dated 22nd April. It now seems Ford have ditched the Vignale and 155 ps variants and have gone back to X variants.

At the moment it seems to be a case of If you don't like the price list there'll be another one along in a day or so!😀

Nice to see the end of the Vignale name imo - much prefer the return of the X which at least has a bit of Ford history to it.

I wonder if the 155ps mhev will turn up again? 

Checked new prices today and found my spec has gone up £790. Even the spare wheel has gone up another £50 to £200. Last year they where £100 then went up to £150 and now another increase. Checked dealer and my order went through so price is still the same which is something. Now the long wait.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At last good news. On 2nd February I reported my Fiesta Active had been built and was being shipped. Well, having arrived in UK on 24th March, and with loads of onward transportation delays, my Ford dealer has told me my car has arrived at the dealership. Can pick it up on Thursday I'm informed. Ordered in early August last year, now 9 months later we are about to get acquainted, so exciting. I even made the comment to my wife that it was just as exciting as waiting for one of our children to be born!🤕 ,............The doctor says I should be able to see out of my right eye by Friday and with a bit of luck be able to drive the car in 6 weeks!😨😎

• Haha 2

After 9 months, it now is part of the Family. Love it so far. 

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

• Like 2

Ordered my 155ps ST Line Vignale in January and been notified it has an estimate build date of 24 June and should be with the dealer around 23 July 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:01 PM, iantt said:

Titanium now poverty spec!! Been a while since I saw steels on a car. 

Screenshot_20220324-130051.png

I actually still can’t get over this being a thing at least they’re the structured steelies but still. Although as far as I can remember before the configurator got taken down it was only £150 to add alloy wheels to the titanium which seems like a no brainier, unless it’s increasing delivery times.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:14 AM, Bantu said:

Ordered my 155ps ST Line Vignale in January and been notified it has an estimate build date of 24 June and should be with the dealer around 23 July 

I ordered my 125 ST Line Vignale in December, was told June build with July delivery,  but last week was told its slipped off the build schedule and now no date.

23 hours ago, sparkymatt said:

I ordered my 125 ST Line Vignale in December, was told June build with July delivery,  but last week was told its slipped off the build schedule and now no date.

jeez, ford are really looking after their customers these days. I appreciate they are having a hard time, but communications isn't hard.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, 

Had a phone call from my dealer yesterday about my 2022 Fiesta Titanium Vignale, ordered in April. It has now become a Fiesta 2023 model. As Matt said back in April, it is now a Titanium X. 

On checking there are a couple of changes.

1. Sync 3 Navigation is not standard on the 2023 model. I assume it is an extra. Still included with mine as it was standard on 2022 model when I ordered mine.

2. 12.3 Digital dash not standard on 2023 as it was  on 2022 version. Dealer thinks it is included with Sync 3 Navigation. Hopefully I should still be getting it.

Like me, dealer thinks it will be into 2023 before I see hide nor hair of it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club