Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No GPS signal on 67 plate Focus

Geogjoe

Sync 3 software and map updates have been completed and this didn't solve the issue. Sometimes it can still navigate me to the correct destination, but more often than not it looks like I am off-roading on the map. The secret Ford menu occasionally shows two missing green satellite bars if I'm lucky but often nothing.

A new antenna has been fitted and that hasn't solved it either. Am sure I read somewhere about faulty APIMs but can't remember where nor can I find the post. Mine's an NW6P01SR. Any help gratefully received, this is doing my nut in. TIA 🙂 Joe

It's been a little while since we had anyone here with this problem. The solution is to redo the sysnc3 software update using the files from Cyan-lab.

If that then fails you need to use the Cyan-labs format tool, clear your APIM and reload the most recent files using the Cyan-lab site.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/windows-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, unofix said:

It's been a little while since we had anyone here with this problem. The solution is to redo the sysnc3 software update using the files from Cyan-lab.

If that then fails you need to use the Cyan-labs format tool, clear your APIM and reload the most recent files using the Cyan-lab site.

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/windows-automated-method-update-to-3-4/

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to give the local Ford dealership another go at fixing it. I paid for an extended warranty when I bought the vehicle and I think that the GPS and entertainment system is covered. Otherwise this looks like my solution. 

I’ve had the No GPS symbol before following an update from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 (the official way). I think the solution was to do a few master resets within sync or retry the update, I forget which. After that it’s been golden but as @unofix said, the CyanLab solution might be better all round if your car is “out of support” anyway for updates. 

The Ford dealership will most likely want to replace the APIM if it's under Ford warranty. There are many threads on these forums about the problem and in many cases the dealership fails to sort the problem.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, unofix said:

and in many cases the dealership fails to sort the problem.

Had mine done under warranty last year and before i got out of the dealer car park i had no GPS. never took it back due to them having the car for two days.

• Like 1

The dealership have had it for another day. Fortunately I was able to get a free courtesy car. They have swapped over the aerial/antenna on the roof with another vehicle with a similar set up and asked me to take the vehicle back for a week to monitor what happens. I think water ingress is an issue on some models. They have said the APIM has been checked and is fine. Have done 6 journeys since I had it back, 5 GPS fine 1 NO GPS. GPS seems to function fine in dry and icy/frosty conditions or maybe this is just coincidence. I bought the vehicle 2nd hand and paid for two years extended warranty beyond the 6 months they provided, so am covered until 2023, so am reluctant to go Cyan Labs route until I have exhausted all other avenues. 

2 hours ago, Geogjoe said:

Cyan Labs route until I have exhausted all other avenues. 

It's your decision. You could make life easier for yourself but who knows Ford might one day fix it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Might be coincidental, but I turned off the system wifi and since doing so the pesky intermittent NO GPS has disappeared. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club