Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford pass?

kevuk20

You would need to check with ford, its an interesting one though, I was looking into the ford pass app with my 2017 Edge. looks like its not available here in UK maybe.

Now, apparently mine dont have the module built in to make it work with the ford pass app, but after researching apparently i could make it so that mine can have an aftermarket module that plugs into the OBD2 reader and then basically acts as an internet dongle that connects to my phone and thus the ford pass app allowing me to use the features ect.

and

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/21/upgrade-connected-features-on-your-older-model-ford-with-new-for.html

I found this smart data link module, having search up about after market fitment from ford, there are videos about it being possible on my age car and ones earlier.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393530277210?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=329254c0c1134239b016bf621ce5b45b&bu=44122131469&osub=-1~1&crd=20220111091856&segname=11051&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

The strange this is, Ive asked ford what this part is and they wont answer me, when i asked about the ford pass app they said mine dont have it, i asked about aftermarket and they said no, and i asked them to give me some info on the aftermarket kit that would work on other cars and they refused, very strange. 

Anyway ive asked a number of sellers on eBay who are selling this part and they are looking inot my questions

Will it work on my car?, is it plug and play?, what is it, a dongle? will i be able to use ford pass on my car?

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had an luck or info on this grey area, as even though i found this info, ford insist its not possible to do it on my 2017 edge!! and id love these features, especially my autistic son who has his heart set on it because my discovery used to do it lol

keep me posted

• Like 1

I have a 2019 st-line  and mine does . I can remote start.  lock and unlock the car from my phone . 

10 hours ago, jimbob144 said:

You would need to check with ford, its an interesting one though, I was looking into the ford pass app with my 2017 Edge. looks like its not available here in UK maybe.

Now, apparently mine dont have the module built in to make it work with the ford pass app, but after researching apparently i could make it so that mine can have an aftermarket module that plugs into the OBD2 reader and then basically acts as an internet dongle that connects to my phone and thus the ford pass app allowing me to use the features ect.

and

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2018/03/21/upgrade-connected-features-on-your-older-model-ford-with-new-for.html

I found this smart data link module, having search up about after market fitment from ford, there are videos about it being possible on my age car and ones earlier.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393530277210?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=329254c0c1134239b016bf621ce5b45b&bu=44122131469&osub=-1~1&crd=20220111091856&segname=11051&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid

The strange this is, Ive asked ford what this part is and they wont answer me, when i asked about the ford pass app they said mine dont have it, i asked about aftermarket and they said no, and i asked them to give me some info on the aftermarket kit that would work on other cars and they refused, very strange. 

Anyway ive asked a number of sellers on ebay who are selling this part and they are looking inot my questions

Will it work on my car?, is it plug and play?, what is it, a dongle? will i be able to use ford pass on my car?

It would be interesting to know if anyone has had an luck or info on this grey area, as even though i found this info, ford insist its not possible to do it on my 2017 edge!! and id love these features, especially my autistic son who has his heart set on it because my discovery used to do it lol

keep me posted

Keep me posted too 

10 hours ago, jimbob144 said:

and

Anyway ive asked a number of sellers on ebay who are selling this part and they are looking inot my questions

keep me posted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club