Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 (2015) Steering Rack Issue

Big Poppa K

Hi all. I am a new member to the forum and I have a problem with my power steering. Ford recalled it to replace the three mounting bolts for the EPS motor. the car was perfect when I left it with them but since its return there is a knocking  and it sticks, when turning right whilst stationary. to cut a long story short I am in dispute with the dealership. I could do with a little help as to what the problem could be.

I advance, Thanks

Contact the "Ford customer relationship centre uk" Tel. 020 3564 4444 or use e-mail UKCRC1@ford.com.

Register a dispute with them, you normally find your local dealership will suddenly become very keen to sort the issue.

16 minutes ago, Big Poppa K said:

Hi all. I am a new member to the forum and I have a problem with my power steering. Ford recalled it to replace the three mounting bolts for the EPS motor. the car was perfect when I left it with them but since its return there is a knocking  and it sticks, when turning right whilst stationary. to cut a long story short I am in dispute with the dealership. I could do with a little help as to what the problem could be.

I advance, Thanks

Hi welcome

Yes, well known major problem. Took us ages to get Ford to instigate a recall in the uk

https://www.talkford.com/threads/steering-bolt-failure-official-response-from-dvla.394099/

Lisa Brankin is the CEO for Ford uk

https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8960&c=Ford UK-Managing Director

It is by no means a hard job to do, why it has come back with a problem is just crazy

41 minutes ago, TrevorB said:

why it has come back with a problem is just crazy

Covid 🤣

Unofix Thanks.

I'm way past complaining with the dealership, they've put the shutters up. I'm with Trading Standards now, everything in writing and full independant inspection carried out this morning reveals no other problem with thse car, deffo the rack motor. They've done somthing wrong with it but wont admit it.

When they changed the bolts did they change the EPAS rack too? Did they show you the bolts they removed? 

If there was damage to any of the 3 bolts then the whole rack should have been replaced as per the TSB. If you find that piece of information out and go from there. 

• Like 1

Sorry, only just picked this back up.

Yes, Jonro is correct, that is why I cannot understand why you have a problem.

If the veh is operating correctly and there is nothing wrong with the bolts, other than the fact they are the wrong material bolts, then just the bolts should be replaced with the correct spec, ONE at a time.

If any of the bolts are broken/damaged/fretted etc etc whatever - the complete rack must be changed, as per the TSB every dealer has