Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting mudflaps STLine mk4

RMurphy195

Just taken delivery of a set of mudflaps, which look as if they go on OK.

One question - the front wheelarch has a black plastic liner strip attached to it, just ahead of the doors where it presumablt protects the edge of the wheelarch from wheel-thrown grit This strip is attached via what looks like a couple of plastic rivets. How do I get these out - is it just a case of prising them out, in the same way as interior trim clips?

Thanks - Richard

The clips are like a rivet they are made of two parts, the "face" comes out like a pin and you can then pull the plug bit out.

What mudflaps are you using? The bodykit on the ST and ST-line doesn't have Ford flaps, I've gone for Rallyflapz ShortieZ on mine

33 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The clips are like a rivet they are made of two parts, the "face" comes out like a pin and you can then pull the plug bit out.

What mudflaps are you using? The bodykit on the ST and ST-line doesn't have Ford flaps, I've gone for Rallyflapz ShortieZ on mine

Thanks AlexP. From eBay, I offered them up to the car earlier and I think they will do the job, maybe with a bodge on the fronts where the arm comes up and across. Will fit them prob later in the week (when it stops raining!) and will giv an update then.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144104695120

Let me know what they scrape against? The ST Line is 10mm lower, compared to the normal model.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I fitted the front ones, they went on easily and are a perfect fit, using the push-in rivets that hold the protective strip on the lower edge of the wheelarch (I removed the plastic strips), and a screw from below that holds the sill trim to the wheelarch trim. Photos attached. The screw underneath came out with a 4mm Allen key, but turned out to be a Torx head! getting them back in was frustrating 'cos of not being able to find the holes in the bity of trim that they were threaded into. probably easier if its up in ramps rather than lying alongside the car! trim clip removal tool essential, I was able to reuse the trim clips.

The rear ones aren't quite the right shape so I haven't fitted them yet - maybe not at all if I can get some NOS late-type Cannon Bodyguards, of which I have one odd one!

No sign of any scraping, plenty of clearance.

I'll let the eBay vendor know the rear ones don't quite fit but for the price, I'm happy that the front ones do, to save some of the wear and tear on the front end of the sills and along the door. Ford have probably made the rear valance on the STLine slightly different to the ST, which is a nuisance.

IMGP0347.JPG

IMGP0348.JPG

IMGP0349.JPG

• Thanks 1

The adverts never show a picture of the mudflaps fitted.

I have a set I got from eBay and only the front fit.

I never bothered fitting them.