Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Using Kwikfit for servicing MK8 Fiesta

JohnDen

My Fiesta is due its first (2yr) service shortly. Due to problems on delivery Cazoo have agreed to pay for the service but are insisting that it is done by Kwikfit. Kwikfit offer a "manufacturers" service which will preserve the manufacturers warranty but they are unable to get access to the Ford database to update the service records. Does any one have any experience of Kwikfit for servicing?

My alternative is to take it to the local main dealer and pay all costs myself.

You have to consider what the cars worth versus the cost of a service - personally I wouldn't, I've 4-year-old Fiesta  and had 4 Ford main dealer services 2 full and 2 interim its worth every penny for the peace of mind.

• Like 3

And (assuming your Ford dealer participates in the scheme - most do) with a Ford service you get the Ford Assistance breakdown cover which can be of value.

I've never used them for a service but I had them fit me a new exhaust system on a Volvo 244 GLE once.   It fell off 120 miles later.   Never used them since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bobr said:

I've never used them for a service but I had them fit me a new exhaust system on a Volvo 244 GLE once.   It fell off 120 miles later.   Never used them since.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys. 

1 minute ago, Bobr said:

You CAN get better than a Kwik-Fit Fitter!

In saying that I used them 20 or so years ago for my first car and had no problems. Back then they were doing oil and filter change for a tenner, which I couldn't do myself that cheaply. For a few years they were the only place I could find who sold tyres I liked (Colway remoulds). With all the horror stories you read nowadays I'm not sure if I'd trust them to do anything. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't trust them with a wheel barrow tyre . 

• Like 1

I once took a car to Kwikfit to get the rear wheel alignment done and luckily it was in the bay next to the waiting room window because I had to run out and stop the spotty youth who was given the job from trying to disconnect the wrong part of my suspension because he did not know what he was doing. Never again. 

Absolutely not- main dealer, every time, more so than ever on the three pot Mk8.

As with any chain, you do get good and bad branches.  Just the luck of the draw whether your local is good or not...  (Maybe check for local branch reviews?)

Don't forget, there's very little in a 'manufacturer service' nowadays...2 years really is just an oil change and a vague glance over anything else.  As long as you can guarantee KF will use the correct oil, and you have no intention of selling the car any time soon, then you might as well take the free service IMO.

The lack of electronic service record could put off some buyers which is the only reason I mention selling.

20 hours ago, Bobr said:

Pretty impressive consider the number of bolts and rubber hangers used to attach an exhaust! I'm assuming that being a new exhaust, you took it back for them to sort out like anyone else would LOL

47 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

As with any chain, you do get good and bad branches.  Just the luck of the draw whether your local is good or not...  (Maybe check for local branch reviews?)

Good advice, also, as well as being required to offer at least a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on all their new cars – regardless of any change of ownership – car makers in the UK cannot force a buyer to have their vehicle serviced by their official dealership network.

And that means they also can’t refuse to honour a new car warranty simply because a car has been serviced elsewhere. It’s all part of an agreement called the European Union Block Exemption legislation, which has been active for many years and which, even though the UK has now left the EU, still stands.

A service by a Ford dealer in your region is £237, kwikfit want £203, I know which I would go for, ask them to contribute to the Ford service.

This is the schedule for the 2nd year service.

AD26AC16-F939-4523-A55E-F2BBC114278F.jpeg

• Like 1

Assuming that Cazoo will get it cheaper than KwikFit's advertised rates, I'd just try and get £100-150 off (can start by asking for the advertised rate of £203) and get it done myself by a Ford dealer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Pretty impressive consider the number of bolts and rubber hangers used to attach an exhaust! I'm assuming that being a new exhaust, you took it back for them to sort out like anyone else would LOL

Actually Stephen, I had gone on my holidays so I took it to a branch of Kwik Fit in Leeds.   They put it all back together and off I went.   I got as far as Glasgow before it fell off again.   I went to a Volvo dealers in Glasgow and got them to take it off and put a proper one on.   They said the fittings were the wrong size.   I put the old stuff in the boot and took it back when I got home.   They argued the toss but caved in when I took out a summons.

8 minutes ago, Bobr said:

...   I went to a Volvo dealers in Glasgow and got them to take it off and put a proper one on.   They said the fittings were the wrong size.  ...

Two different  branches, 2 different mechanics, put the wrong fittings on? You must be the unluckiest guy on the planet 🤣

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Two different  branches, 2 different mechanics, put the wrong fittings on? You must be the unluckiest guy on the planet 🤣

They just tried to refit the bits that the first guys fitted.   The parts were never going to fit on the original front pipe as they were the wrong size.

Thanks to all for your comments. I have decided to use the local Ford agent that I have used in the past. They have quoted £270 for "full" 2 year service, replaced number plates, headlight alignment check and collect and delivery from home 10 miles away. I will contact Cazoo and ask them to contribute £200 - the least that they can do after the shambolic mess of the delivery.

• Like 2

Final update:  I got a quote from Kwik Fit of £227 for manufacturers "full" 2yr service. Cazoo have agreed to contribute the £227 towards the Ford Dealer cost via a bank transfer. Problem solved.

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club