Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Problem, Possible Cost?

cressws1

Took the car for its annual oil service last week, Was advised (by a garage I use reguarly, And trust) that the "flexi part" of the exhaust is "blowing out". Now I have 2 questions here, Firstly my MOT is next week would this cause it to fail on emmisions? Secondly, Anyone have any idea how much I'd be looking at to have this part replaced?

Looking on this site http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/exhausts-buy.php

It looks like part FE691T that I need. Is this replacable on its own?

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

Took the car for its annual oil service last week, Was advised (by a garage I use reguarly, And trust) that the "flexi part" of the exhaust is "blowing out". Now I have 2 questions here, Firstly my MOT is next week would this cause it to fail on emmisions? Secondly, Anyone have any idea how much I'd be looking at to have this part replaced?

Looking on this site http://www.buypartsb...xhausts-buy.php

It looks like part FE691T that I need. Is this replacable on its own?

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

they can be replaced on there own ide be tempted to weld it or put a bandage on it for the mot if its a light blow they wont fail it a gun gum exhaust bandage will sort it out in the mean time

Cheers mate, You seem to be pretty clued up on all things Focus. Do you think I'm looking at a massive cost to have it replaced? The most expensive thing i've paid for on the car is both rear wheel bearings being replaced and I'm planning on getting rid of it within the next year so hoping not to spend too much on it. Obviously not expecting an exact quote but you think im looking at 1/2 hours labour maybe or a bigger job than that?

Cheers mate, You seem to be pretty clued up on all things Focus. Do you think I'm looking at a massive cost to have it replaced? The most expensive thing i've paid for on the car is both rear wheel bearings being replaced and I'm planning on getting rid of it within the next year so hoping not to spend too much on it. Obviously not expecting an exact quote but you think im looking at 1/2 hours labour maybe or a bigger job than that?

it really varies on the garage i would say from my passat when i had to get it done the labour was about £45 the part was £20ish i think like i said it depends where its blowing exactly you can bandage it easily enough and if you know anyone who can weld a little weld on it will last for ages

Ah it's not so bad then, I normally set 150/200 quid aside for MOT anyway with it being a 1999 model you have to expect some things. I'll definatley look in to the bandage thing, Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Ah it's not so bad then, I normally set 150/200 quid aside for MOT anyway with it being a 1999 model you have to expect some things. I'll definatley look in to the bandage thing, Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

the bandage idea might work for the mot but it wont last any time on a flexi joint.

a new front pipe will be around £100 for the focus as it is also the manifold, replacement flexi parts can be purchase for around £12-15? and you cut the old one out and either clamp or weld the new one in. simples

all you need to find out is the diameter of the pipe

Failed MOT on this today. £48 fitted. 3 new tyres + tracking at £160 though as well!

Failed MOT on this today. £48 fitted. 3 new tyres + tracking at £160 though as well!

what did you get done for £48? did they just replace the flexi section?

what did you get done for £48? did they just replace the flexi section?

Yes just the flexi section, Its seperate to the manifold on the 1.8 where'as aparently on the 1.4 and I think 1.6 it is part of the manifold.