Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can anyone help

MichG

My Ford focus keyless entry and start  sometimes when I'm driving the temperature and indicators go off and also won't lock or unlock also the light comes on for the handbrake even though its off, had it at garage they can't find fault all other electrics work also won't lock can anyone help? It also starts alarm and flashing which will not go off 

I'm quite sure that most Ford main dealers would recognise these random faults.

You are either have an instrument cluster (IC) suffering from "Tree Hugger" syndrome which is extremely common for your model and year. It's caused by the poor quality lead free (save the planet) solder that was used at the time your car was built, OR you have water getting in the the Body Control Module (BCM) also quite common for your model.

The IC problem can normally be sorted by sending it to a company who refurbish them for around £70, just look on eBay or search this forum.

The BCM can be harder to sort out. It is part of the fusebox in the passenger compartment behind the glovebox. You need to disconnect the plugs and sockets and check for signs of water and greenish corrosion of the pins. There has been a lot of issues with water from the screen wash pump working it's way back a long the wiring harness and getting in to the BCM and causing corrosion of the circuit board.

14 hours ago, MichG said:

My Ford focus keyless entry and start  sometimes when I'm driving the temperature and indicators go off and also won't lock or unlock also the light comes on for the handbrake even though its off, had it at garage they can't find fault all other electrics work also won't lock can anyone help? It also starts alarm and flashing which will not go off 

Is it a late MK2 or and early MK3?