Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus rear seat belts

bigmann222

Just brought a 2019 focus st line so far it's been back for updates on software for the Windows now its had to go back for rear sear belts telling me that there is someone sat in them with no seat belt on when empty ford have said that I should keep my belts plugged in all the while but worked fine up until last week I've been in hospital a month and it's not been used then this happens are ford right or fobbing me off cause they don't want to sort it under warranty 

I don't keep mine plugged in when empty and I don't have any such issues, the warning works as per the handbook. 2020 ST-Line. If its the dealer telling you that, email ford customer care and ask them the question, see what the response is. BTW at prsent they are taking a while to assign a case number and get back to you, I sent a reminder 2 weeks after the original email and they responded a week after that. Coincidentally, the same day that the dealership responded to my written conplaint, though I hadn't identified the dealership to Ford at that time.. UKCRC1@ford.com.

Personally I don't think Ford are giving the right training or support to theier dealerships, but that's just my perception based on experience.

My poor little brain tells me that Sync3 is separate the software that runs the car, defines how mirrors fold, gives info messages on the dashboard etc. i.e. there are 2 loads of software one for Sync3 and one for the car though there might be some overlap. At least I hope so 'cos the dealer did a software update today, and I had a towbar c/w software changes last week and I'll be cross if they wipe out the towing changes!

Its worth exploring the dashboard settings if you have a few hours to spare and are fed up with some stuff. I've disabled the folding mirrors, auto wipers and keyless entry on mine using the menu from the owners manual - the mirrors and wipers 'cos I don't want to risk them activating on frosty mornings, and keyless entry for security. You need to play with this using the steering wheel buttons.

People on here talk about using Forscan and changing things yourself - as an ex IT person, while I have it I would be even more cautious than the cautios advisers state, I know only too well of the horrors users can perpetrate when they try and change things!

BTW Sync software updates can be downloaded and made by you via the USB socket. I did this and it seemed to work (better than connecting to my home internet). You can also try resetting the system. Do you have the owners War & Peace - oops, sorry, - handbook ( 6 pages of instruction for the handbrake - really)? If not there's an online version here. More information here and here Personally I'm shocked at the level of knowledge owners have to accumulate for even the simplest things, but its less inconvenient - and possibly costly - than getting the dealer to do some of this stuff.

Keep a niggle list, and when you visit the dealer keep a record of the outcome. When you get fed up, send the lot to the dealers head office (recorded delivery) and ask how they can restore your confidence in theier business. I have just done so and am in process of having some niggles fixed - to be fair, the service manager of the branch is pulling out the stops, first of all agreeing that the faults exist, and now personally test driving to check the fix. And no, I'm not going to ID them, while they did get things wrong they are now working hard to put things right.

• Thanks 1

The words that your Ford Dealership is talking "B0locks" comes to mind.

No you do not have to keep the seat belts fastened if there is no one sat in them.

Before you get involved looking to sort loads of random faults let me give you some very important information. Your new 2019 Focus has a problem, like ALL new cars. The battery will only ever get charged to 80% of it's total capacity (and that's on a good day). As soon as you stop using it regularly, and/or do lots of short journeys the battery "State Of Charge" (SOC) will start to fall quiet quickly. This results in things not working like keyless entry, heated front screens been unavailable and of course the most famous one of all...... Start/Stop will not work either.

You need to get yourself a good smart charger (some one like @StephenFord can probably recommend one 😉). Then put your battery on charge for at least 12 hours. Make sure that the positive lead is connected directly to the battery terminal and that you connect the negative to the chassis earth point (NOT the battery negative).

After your battery has been fully charged take your car for a drive and after a short while you will be surprised at how things fix themselves. Sadly you will have to repeat this battery charging routine every few weeks if the car is not in regular use, it's just the way modern cars are now designed all in the name of emissions and saving the dolphins.

• Thanks 2

You don't need to keep the belts plugged in when there is no one in the seats and there is no occupant load sensors in the rear seats of these cars but there are ones for the buckles. The front ones do have occupant load sensors as well as ones for the buckles.

I think that the problem may have started because the battery lost a lot of its charge but that is not your problem, the dealer needs to fix it.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RMurphy195 said:

the mirrors and wipers 'cos I don't want to risk them activating on frosty mornings,

Up to you, of course, but I've had auto wipers and folding mirrors for years without any problems on frosty mornings.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tizer said:

You don't need to keep the belts plugged in when there is no one in the seats and there is no occupant load sensors in the rear seats of these cars but there are ones for the buckles. The front ones do have occupant load sensors as well as ones for the buckles.

I think that the problem may have started because the Battery lost a lot of its charge but that is not your problem, the dealer needs to fix it.

Well that would make sense because I have been in hospital for a month but cars only been driven for a few days qnd not for very long but like you say ford should know this and sort it 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club