Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop start not working

Murph1005

My stop start won’t work, I’ve seen a lot of people saying it’s just the wrong battery or not enough charge, I’m just wondering could it be something else before I buy a new battery? It’s a mk3 999cc econetic. Also is the econetic the same as ecoboost?

9 times out of 10 its the battery loosing its capacity. new batteru and bms reset. efb battery required. econetic same as ecoboost. my focus 2013 1.0 had the econetic badge 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Murph1005 said:

econetic the same as ecoboost

econetic, ecoboost = ecoboom

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, unofix said:

econetic, ecoboost = ecoboom

I sold my focus after 73k miles with a remap and that didn't go boom. 

My stop start won’t work

Leave it not working; stop/start is the worst thing ever invented.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Freddy42 said:

stop/start is the worst thing ever invented.

It keeps the forum going !!!

50% of the threads are people complaining that it doesn't work - or - complaining that it does work !!

Without S/S these forums would be like a ghost town 🤣

• Haha 4

Ecoboost is the name given to Ford's range of turbo-charged petrol engines. Econetic is the name given to Ford's range of low emission/low fuel consumption vehicles. The Econetic designation isn't just about the engine - there are other changes, such as low rolling-resistance tyres, smaller wheels, revised fuel maps, different gearing and various other modifications.

Most Econetic badges are applied to diesel vehicles; I've not seen one applied to a petrol before and I thought they were exclusively diesel.

If it's the original battery then chances are that's affecting the s/s issue. Whether you replace it depends on how excited you are by the s/s feature.

Econetic badges were put on focus ecoboost until around late 2013. Ecoboost after. No econetic features ( smaller wheels etc etc etc) on my focus. Probably why they put ecoboost badge on later on to avoid confusion. Did hear that when cars went in for service they came back out with the badge changed by the dealers. Where I worked we were never told to do that though. 

• Like 1

Hi John, yes resetting the BMS sometimes works for awhile but doesn't fix the underlying issue which is the battery low SOC.

For a long lasting solution you need to adjust the SOC from the default 80% up to 90 or 95%

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ScouseJon99 said:

Don't know if this is much use, but this is how I got my other half's working again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGnUwNe4P8

I already tried this but can’t get it to work, the battery light doesn’t flash like on the video, I’m not to bothered about the stop start working tbh just abit annoying that it doesn’t 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:43 PM, iantt said:

I sold my focus after 73k miles with a remap and that didn't go boom. 

Mines on 93k still no boom🤣 what are they like with a map? I’ve not had mine done but wouldn’t mind abit more power

22 hours ago, unofix said:

For a long lasting solution you need to adjust the SOC from the default 80% up to 90 or 95%

Just now, unofix said:

I don’t have a clue what that means or how I would do it🤣 gonna have to google it

SOC = State Of Charge

The default is set to 80% of the battery capacity. You need to use a laptop and the software FORScan (it's free) to adjust the SOC to 95%

Then charge the battery and your car will return to normal

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

SOC = State Of Charge

The default is set to 80% of the battery capacity. You need to use a laptop and the software FORScan (it's free) to adjust the SOC to 95%

Then charge the battery and your car will return to normal

Il try that as soon as I can and let you know if it works, thanks mate👍🏻

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

New style programming lead for FORScan: https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/forscan-diagnostic-cable-for-ford-vgate-vlinker-fs

You also need to charge your battery after you make the changes. Very important that you connect the charger positive directly to the battery positive terminal - and - that you connect the negative charger lead directly to the chassis main earth point, NOT the battery negative.

When everything is done you can also reset the Battery Monitor System (BMS) using the fog light / hazard light switches or just use FORScan to reset it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club