Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Handbrake Cable

jat

Have a MOT due next week on my Focus 2 litre hatch 2002 and am having a problem getting the correct handbrake cable for it.

The rear brakes are disc. Went to motor factor (Dingbros) and was supplied with a set which they were sure were the ones for my car after giving them the reg number etc. The cables were just two single cables, marked L and R with a central swivel at the handbrake end. One side fitted fine but the other side was 3 to 4 cms short and couldn't go on the caliper arm without the brake being on full. As I always use this motor factor it was no problem putting the cable back unused, but going to my ford dealer they cost twice as much, use the same computer program to look up the part, and will not take the cable back if it is the wrong one. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Any ideas,help, suggestions would be appreciated

john

Have a MOT due next week on my Focus 2 litre hatch 2002 and am having a problem getting the correct handbrake cable for it.

The rear brakes are disc. Went to motor factor (Dingbros) and was supplied with a set which they were sure were the ones for my car after giving them the reg number etc. The cables were just two single cables, marked L and R with a central swivel at the handbrake end. One side fitted fine but the other side was 3 to 4 cms short and couldn't go on the caliper arm without the brake being on full. As I always use this motor factor it was no problem putting the cable back unused, but going to my ford dealer they cost twice as much, use the same computer program to look up the part, and will not take the cable back if it is the wrong one. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Any ideas,help, suggestions would be appreciated

john

dingbros sell usually pattern parts and ive had this with them too many times before wrong brake pads for my old car wrong sensor wrong abs sensor too name a few ide say go to ford if its whats on fords system it will fit

have a look on eBay, thats where i got mine when i done the rear disc conversion. was only £35 for the complete cable assembly and it fitted perfectly