Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 Gear knob and gaiter problem

diz79

Hi

I seem to be having difficulty finding the correct gear knob and gaiter for my particular car, I have the ford focus mk2.5 facelift, its £100 with ford, you can find 1000s on eBay for £8-£20 but I cannot find the right one ive ordered a couple and they alwats come back too small, as I can only assume are for the MK2, has anyone else ran into this problem and/or have found a solution, id probably pay a bit more than £20 jut to get it sorted but £100 seems a bit steep. Ive found some old forum threads talking about it but because they are old te links to the gear knob dont work.

If anyone can help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

27 minutes ago, diz79 said:

Hi

I seem to be having difficulty finding the correct gear knob and gaiter for my particular car, I have the ford focus mk2.5 facelift, its £100 with ford, you can find 1000s on ebay for £8-£20 but I cannot find the right one ive ordered a couple and they alwats come back too small, as I can only assume are for the MK2, has anyone else ran into this problem and/or have found a solution, id probably pay a bit more than £20 jut to get it sorted but £100 seems a bit steep. Ive found some old forum threads talking about it but because they are old te links to the gear knob dont work.

If anyone can help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

if you ask the seller if they fit your model should be ok if not send back

is yours a mk2 fl or mk 2 looked it up mk2 fl started 2004 ? i might be wrong

5 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

if you ask the seller if they fit your model should be ok if not send back

is yours a mk2 fl or mk 2 looked it up mk2 fl started 2004 ? i might be wrong

The MK2 facelift started in 2008.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

The MK2 facelift started in 2008.

so not a fl then ?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the quick responses didnt expect that my model is 2008-11, Ive asked previous sellers and theyve said yes and it still is too small when arrived, the one Focue put looks good, but the seller isnt taking msgs as mailbox is full, it is notoriously difficult to find from the research ive done. I guess I will keep looking, if anyone sees any other sellers please let me know.

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 7:33 PM, mrmetallica said:

so not a fl then ?

Erm...yes, it is a fl.  MK2 (pre-facelift) very late 2004 onwards, MK2.5 (facelift) 2008 onwards

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club