Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diffrence between 1.6tdci engines

Pontus

Hi has a transit connect 2014 where the timing belt came off. Has become a brand in the piston so assume that engine replacement is most smooth. Has t1ga as engine code and there is nothing to get herr in Sweden . But its 1.6tdci engine is in more cars. Anyone know if it is possible to take another engine?

• Confused 1

I have the same issue, I have the T1GA engine and my head gasket has gone, I'm looking for a cross refrence table of the Ford/Pugeot/Citroen Engines

As long as you get another 8v 1.6 TDCi it should be fine.  Any ancillaries can be swapped from your current one.

Have done little research. De have store that sells reconditioned engines, their own article number is the same on my t1ga as tex citroen c4 9hp, so I guess it is the same engine just to move everything around. 

someone who has something to add before I buy the wrong engine😃

11 hours ago, Pontus said:

Har gjort lite research. De har butik som säljer renoverade motorer, deras eget artikelnummer är samma på min t1ga som tex citroen c4 9hk, så jag antar att det är samma motor bara för att flytta runt allt. 

någon som har något att tillägga innan jag köper fel motor 😃

I not know how to edit but meant 9hp a dv6 machine from about 2011

• 2 weeks later...

The 9HP I believe is a 16v engine - the ford T1ga is a 8v you need to look for a DV6C engine

List of the codes is here

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91RDNDdrUQS.pdf

The DV6TED engines are 16v and no good for the connect

HTH

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to add some more to this for anyone that has a similar question, we've just finished swapping the engine in my connect, the original engine was a T1GA and we swapped it for a TZJA out of a fiesta. We took the injectors, pump, turbo and loom from the original engine and they all bolted straight on. The only physical difference was the sump and the dipstick tube which again were swapped.

All of the bare engines are identical so long as you use the correct base engine which in my case was a DV6C

The second hand engine ended up being half the price of the code matching one

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, GXCars said:

I just wanted to add some more to this for anyone that has a similar question, we've just finished swapping the engine in my connect, the original engine was a T1GA and we swapped it for a TZJA out of a fiesta. We took the injectors, pump, turbo and loom from the original engine and they all bolted straight on. The only physical difference was the sump and the dipstick tube which again were swapped.

All of the bare engines are identical so long as you use the correct base engine which in my case was a DV6C

The second hand engine ended up being half the price of the code matching one

Hope that helps

hi there just brought a 2014 transit connect 1.6 tdci with a blown motor engine code TZGA trying to get my head round all these different engines and found your post very interesting are these 1.6 engines 16v ? would you know what other codes would fit ? thanks very much  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club