Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swirl Marks

fiesta_lad

Hi all i have a navy blue fiesta which has alot of swirl marks so iam thinking whats the best product to use to get rid of these swirl marks cheers alan.

best option would be to machine polish them out.

if you havent got a machine polisher then i wouldnt bother, it would take to much effort and the results wont be perfect

best option would be to machine polish them out.

if you havent got a machine polisher then i wouldnt bother, it would take to much effort and the results wont be perfect

I havent got a machine polisher if i was going to do it i would have to do it by hand.

it all depends of the severity of the swirls.

you could use lime prime which will get light swirls out, anything deeper than light swirls you will need a full polish and as i say that would be best left to a machine polisher

it all depends of the severity of the swirls.

you could use lime prime which will get light swirls out, anything deeper than light swirls you will need a full polish and as i say that would be best left to a machine polisher

By looking at it they only look light ive been looking a Meguiars swirl x and that looks ok like.

By looking at it they only look light ive been looking a meguiars swirl x and that looks ok like.

Save your money, I've used it and it did little to help the bad swirls on my old Fiesta

How about that Banana Gloss that was mentioned in the detailing thread, that's meant to help fill in swirls

Another vote for machine polisher

How much do these machine polishers go for seen a few from £20 to in the hundreds.

Just been looking at that looks good do you know if autoglym Super Resin Polish is any good.

SRP is good but i find it leaves the car very dusty, if you already have it though then go for it

i would personally go for lime prime though

SRP is good but i find it leaves the car very dusty, if you already have it though then go for it

i would personally go for lime prime though

Don't mean to sound stupid but whats SRP?.

Save your money, I've used it and it did little to help the bad swirls on my old Fiesta

By hand or DA?

If you're doing the whole car by hand it will take ages and you'll wreck your arms. DA machine polisher and Meguiars consumer line products (such as SwirlX) are a foolproof combo (but make sure you use the right pads).

By hand or DA?

If you're doing the whole car by hand it will take ages and you'll wreck your arms. DA machine polisher and meguiars consumer line products (such as SwirlX) are a foolproof combo (but make sure you use the right pads).

I was going to do it by hand has the swirl marks arnt that bad.

I havent got a machine polisher if i was going to do it i would have to do it by hand.

you'll be there for a long time, especially on an old motor like yours.

buy a machine polisher, its an investment just like a power hose or a vacuum, you'll be using it on every car you have after this one.

SRP is Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I concur with all the advice so far - you will have very limited success on swirls by hand.

Looks like by hand is not the thing :lol: it my own fault the swirl marks for takeing it through a car wash :o

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club