Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Replace Front Indicators On Focus?

dp1987

I have a 2000 "x" reg focus zetec. It has the awfull orange side and front indicator lenses which i want to replace with clear one's. I know how to do the sides with a credit card but how do i replace the 2 front indicators in the bumper with orange bulbs and clear lenses?? how do i get them out to get of the bumper?

this is what mine looks like with the orange indicators in the bumper.

267268_1.jpg

these are the clear one's i want. Not the fog lights that are turned on its the indicator lights above

27159_83029.jpg

Piece of cake mate they just screw out, 2 front facing screws in each orange lens and it all comes out as one unit, I've replaced mine with clear ones too and it improves the styling no end.

Piece of cake mate they just screw out, 2 front facing screws in each orange lens and it all comes out as one unit, I've replaced mine with clear ones too and it improves the styling no end.

hi thanx for reply.Your car is how i want mine to look

ive just tried that but there is no grip for a screwdriver to go in? they look to worn to to screw out. they just crumble. can they be forced out with a screwdriver?

I suppose you could, They're just normal screws mate. I'm not even sure if you could'nt have a look behind them from underneath the car to see if theres anything you can do that way. To be honest mine just screwed out.

I suppose you could, They're just normal screws mate. I'm not even sure if you could'nt have a look behind them from underneath the car to see if theres anything you can do that way. To be honest mine just screwed out.

i know i expected mine to aswell but they are completely rusted and have no head to move them :(. they have just crumbled slightly and i cant even tell what style of screw driver they need.

i know i expected mine to aswell but they are completely rusted and have no head to move them :(. they have just crumbled slightly and i cant even tell what style of screw driver they need.

the end is plastic with the screw hole moulded into it if its crumbled like they do then you have to prise the indicators out a metal clip will come out with the screw in it simply use pliers to remove the screw and replace the clip into the bumper youll need to find two screws to fit in there place though once the plastic screw head crumbles thats the only way to change them stupid design i know