Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ISOFIX attachment points

Paul_Ireland

Hi Guys

Is there isofix attachments for a child seat in an 06 fusion and if so where are they? I have looked everywhere, many thanks

Isofix fitting became compulsory in 2006 but many cars had them before then. It's probable that because your Fusion model was first introduced in 2002 that it was originally designed with out isofix and only those built after 2008 (new model) will have them.

There has been many people having difficulty with finding the isofix fittings on the Fusion even when they know they are there. Some have even resorted to cutting bits out of the seat cushion (Not needed).

If you jam your hand down the back of the seat pad and have a good feel about then I think you will find them. You should be able to look under the seat from behind which may help.

The Ford owners manual show and explain how to find them and connect, provided of course your car does have them.

• Like 1

I am quite sure that the Fusion (we have a 2010 Titanium) does not have Isofix fittings.

The word "Isofix" does not feature in the Fusion Owner's Manual, but it does have four pages on Child Safety.  The PDF was and may still be, downloadable from the Ford website.  See attached.

My view is that if you are fitting any sort of child seat, the Factory Owner's Manual  for the specific model should really be your first and only source of information.

It is easy enough to lift the rear seat cushions, they are hinged at the front, but I think you will only find the standard seat belt mountings.

192260116_FusionOwnersGuide.pdf

• Like 1

I read the owners manual no mention of isofix. the child seat manufacturer website says they are there. I believe some fiestas of this age  had them would it be possible to use fiesta fixings? thatks

The rear seats in a Fusion are totally different to those in a Fiesta so I don't expect that you could use Fiesta fixings.

We also have a 2007 Fiesta, and there is no mention of Isofix in the Fiesta handbook.  We have the Ford Brochures for both Fiesta and Fusion, and again, no mention of Isofix.

It is not beyond the bounds of possbility that the seat manufacturer has made an error - just search these forums "What mark is my Fiesta?"

Not relevant to your car, but the manual for our 2008 Focus does have a complete page on Isofix.  (No relation to Unofix I understand !)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Paulkp said:

(No relation to Unofix I understand !)

Cheeky 🤣

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, unofix said:

The rear seats in a Fusion are totally different to those in a Fiesta so I don't expect that you could use Fiesta fixings.

I have ordered the fiesta iso kit from a dealer it might be worth a shot for less than €30 or £25

• Thanks 1

Paul I.

Thanks for letting us know, please post the outcome

Paul K

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2022 at 8:26 AM, Paul_Ireland said:

I have ordered the fiesta iso kit from a dealer it might be worth a shot for less than €30 or £25

Hi Paul, please could you let me know if they worked? I just passed my test and have an 09 fusion with no isofix. I am gutted and really dont like the idea of taking my baby out without them :( 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club