Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Mondeo Tdci 130

sparky19620

Hi guy's..am just curious on this.My mondeo is a sept 2004 registered and has 34000 on clock.I am second owner and had 13000 on clock when bought it.It had aux belt and tensioner fitted by ford at 18000 miles.It now has 34000 on clock.In last week have had to replace aux belt and tensioner again,also on sunday rack seal on os just went all of a sudden while out and dumped all fluid so have fitted new rack.In 30 years its first car i have ever had to fit a rack on...am just supprised as its not high mileage for age.While fitting rack noticed second split in egr hose..did repair it bout month ago and has just split elsewhere..so its not been the best month for car expenses..lol...just after opinions...

this sounds typical mondeo, mine has had aux belt and tensioner and injectors at only 38000 miles on a 06 plate.will not buy ford again.

this sounds typical mondeo, mine has had aux belt and tensioner and injectors at only 38000 miles on a 06 plate.will not buy ford again.

well i cant say the focus seems to be the same had neither of these issues must be a mondy thing ide take it back to the dealer as it sounds like it could have been a fault with the tensioner

well i picked up egr hose up yesterday and got talking to a guy in parts.he says unfortunately aux belt n egr hose do have to changed as they go but he was shocked when i told him had to put a rack on it esp at such low mileage.but am ready if belt tensioner goes again have made toll for doing it and reckon would be done in bout 90 mins tops..egr hose is two min job..as for rack..wouldnt wanna do another but least have learnt if anyone else asks for help in here...and car is six years old..all heve done before is one set of brakes and servicing which do myself so really cant complain..its my third mondeo and its most work ever had to do on one..as for changing..am looking but just cant make mind up..

aux pullys,injectors and dmf's are all common bad bits on the mondy, i think its a case of not if, but when! after three avensis cars i wish i had not changed to ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club