Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 EcoBoost 'wet belt' issue

LiloLea

Attention @TomsFocus see above post by Lo Flyer which has inserted hyper-links in to your post.

Disregard the above. The post has now been removed by FOC admin.

Edited by unofix
FOC have sorted issue

Just now, unofix said:

Attention @TomsFocus see above post by Lo Flyer which has inserted hyper-links in to your post.

Sorted unofix

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

Disregard the above. The post has now been removed by FOC admin.

What was that all about? What did I miss? 

6 minutes ago, iantt said:

What was that all about? What did I miss? 

wouldn't you like to know 😉

New poster thought it would be a good idea to use one of Toms posts and repost it with many advertising links in it.

FOC moderator TDCiST has removed the posts now, so that peace and harmony has been restored to the lives of all on the forum 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, MrRedman said:

Me too mines in part ex next week for a VW 

Going from bad to worse.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hackney said:

Going from bad to worse.

Not really having read reviews on Parker’s Guide 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:58 PM, RMurphy195 said:

B+++y H**l, and to think I've just switched to Ford from VW/Skoda ...

Guess the vehicle from the photo. 😂😂

16558045497533988160336001211063.jpg

1655804593499628617892979810466.jpg

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

VW Polo ???

Nope, try again

43 minutes ago, unofix said:

Skoda Octavia ???

Nope, try again😂😂. Clue. What forum are we on? 

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

Nope, try again😂😂. Clue. What forum are we on? 

Whatever it is the manufacturer was so ashamed by it they haven't even bothered to brand the engine cover!  :laugh: 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Whatever it is the manufacturer was so ashamed by it they haven't even bothered to brand the engine cover!  :laugh: 

Certainly looks like a VW Group cover to me**. From what I've seen in other forums, VW Group have stopped branding them on some cars and I saw somewhere they were leaving them off some models altogether - some posters  say it's because of fire risk (!), others say just yet another supply issue.

Edit: ** but then maybe not. There's something familiar about the cover but I'm sure I've seen a similar one on a different make. Likewise I feel I've sat behind that or a similar cluster in some demo car or other but I can't remember what!

Hope Ian comes up with the answer before we go nuts!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Certainly looks like a VW Group cover to me. From what I've seen in other forums, VW Group have stopped branding them on some cars and I saw somewhere they were leaving them off some models altogether - some posters  say it's because of fire risk (!), others say just yet another supply issue.

It does indeed, my guess is that it's a TDI that's being 'sold' to Ford to stick in their chassis...I'm sure blue dash needles are just a Ford thing? :unsure:  No idea which model that would be though, something commercial possibly?

I know there was a fire risk with the GTI engine covers but didn't realise it affected smaller engines too.

Well the engine is from the VW group and used in the new 2022 Skoda Octavia.

So I guess Ford must be using it in one of the vehicles now. The instrument cluster is almost identical to the ones used in recent years by Skoda.

filter.JPG

skoda octavia 2022.JPG

On 6/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, iantt said:

My next car won't be a ford either. 

Nor mine. Last one for me

52 minutes ago, unofix said:

So I guess Ford must be using it in one of the vehicles now. 

We might be getting warmer. I think the new small Ford van is based on the latest VW Caddy and VW will build them for both brands.

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

We might be getting warmer. I think the new small Ford van is based on the latest VW Caddy and VW will build them for both brands.

A winner at last. 

Ford transit connect tourneo. 

• Like 2

The only part of the vehicle that is ford is the steering wheel, front badge and centre caps. 

• Like 1

In the old days, Ford used a doner  shell from another manufacturer with Ford running gear as a development mule .

Dont thing they do that now.

Well the offer is in. Ford have offered £2,247.00 towards the cost of a new engine ( which they quoted at £7,108.00 ). 

We rang to speak to our customer service rep - we have rejected the offer and asked for it to be reviewed and asked for a Manager to call us back as there is no breakdown as to how this figure is made up, and the rep knows absolutely nothing when you ask her a question. She just kept repeating that they look at servicing ( we have full Ford dealership services ) and warranty - the car is out of it's 3 years warranty, but is still well within the 60k mileage warranty. Can't speak to a Manager for 24hrs as they like to "review the case" before calling back ( what are the chances they call back tomorrow ??! ). And also she stated that the 100k mileage they put on the wet belt is just a "recommendation" and not a guarantee.

What she also told us is that it looks they have taken a 50/50 approach to it - except their cost is done at warranty rate and ours is done at full retail rate, so in essence it's not really 50/50.

So another trip to the dealership after work as am really ***** off now.  No idea really what we do from here, we can't afford the £4,861.00 to fix it, still paying for Finance and insurance and we are now 7 weeks down without a car. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:37 PM, iantt said:

The only part of the vehicle that is ford is the steering wheel, front badge and centre caps. 

Good to see they've stuck to their strengths...

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Ford 60mm Alloy Wheel Centre Cap Chrome 5S711003AA MONDEO Focus for sale  online | eBay

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sarah46 said:

Well the offer is in. Ford have offered £2,247.00 towards the cost of a new engine ( which they quoted at £7,108.00 ). 

We rang to speak to our customer service rep - we have rejected the offer and asked for it to be reviewed and asked for a Manager to call us back as there is no breakdown as to how this figure is made up, and the rep knows absolutely nothing when you ask her a question. She just kept repeating that they look at servicing ( we have full Ford dealership services ) and warranty - the car is out of it's 3 years warranty, but is still well within the 60k mileage warranty. Can't speak to a Manager for 24hrs as they like to "review the case" before calling back ( what are the chances they call back tomorrow ??! ). And also she stated that the 100k mileage they put on the wet belt is just a "recommendation" and not a guarantee.

What she also told us is that it looks they have taken a 50/50 approach to it - except their cost is done at warranty rate and ours is done at full retail rate, so in essence it's not really 50/50.

So another trip to the dealership after work as am really ***** off now.  No idea really what we do from here, we can't afford the £4,861.00 to fix it, still paying for Finance and insurance and we are now 7 weeks down without a car. 

Customer service reps just read from a standard sheet...same as pretty much every call centre you try nowadays...very unlikely to get anything more than a vague, generic response from them.  Incredibly frustrating, I know!

She is right about the warranty period though...that 60k only applies within the first 3 years, it's whichever comes first, not 60k regardless of time.

I do feel for your situation, but realistically I can't see Ford giving anything more than a goodwill gesture of around 50% as they're already doing.

You do have one cheaper alternative here, which is having a used engine fitted by an indy garage.  Should cost considerably less than your 'share' of the Ford quote.  However, that does mean Ford won't give you anything towards it.

39 minutes ago, Sarah46 said:

If you are still paying finance then claim your money back under the sales of goods act. You rightly expect the goods to have value for money and longevity and yours isn't either.

Have a read of Martin Lewis' website for advice, speak to Citizens advice etc etc

Yes the vehicle has a three year warranty, which you are over, but you are under on miles and well, well under the 100,000 recommendation for the wet belt change (which they have misrepresented themselves over, the 100,000 mile limit is worst case scenario, that's why they advise 100,000 it should last more)

I would reject the car back to the finance company, after seeking advice, as you were sold a vehicle that was faulty or known to be faulty.

I would be asking Ford CRC to give me a full break down of EVERY service carried out on the vehicle prior to your ownership, I guarantee someone used Flush and I know dealers offer it to customers to try and make more money along with "emission treatments"

Just FYI, the sale of goods act has been replaced by the consumer rights act. You can make the same claim, just make sure you quote the correct act so they are aware you know your rights. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club