Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Remap

Boulton

I am looking into getting 2013 1.0 125bhp remapped. Before I start contacting companies, I was hoping to get some feedback from people who have had this done i.e:

Who did you go with

What was the approx cost

What gains did you get

Was it worth it/are you pleased with the outcome

Have you had any issue since getting it done. (this is my biggest concern as its such a small engine, I'm worried that it will kill itself with more power)

TIA for any guidance/help/feedback

Bluefin

£300 (more expensive now)

More mid-range power and torque with smoother delivery

Well-chuffed.  It was originally on same engine as yours; now powers the ST.

No

Plus point for Bluefin is the handset which stores the map so you can remove and re-instate as many times as you like.

19 hours ago, Freddy42 said:

Bluefin

£300 (more expensive now)

More mid-range power and torque with smoother delivery

Well-chuffed.  It was originally on same engine as yours; now powers the ST.

No

Plus point for Bluefin is the handset which stores the map so you can remove and re-instate as many times as you like.

Thats great thank you. Might have to look at getting this done soon. 

Yes, bluefin is good.

Just ensure, as yours is a 2013 so quite old now, that the oil and oil system is good and the cooling system is good before remapping

43 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Yes, bluefin is good.

Just ensure, as yours is a 2013 so quite old now, that the oil and oil system is good and the cooling system is good before remapping

thank you, but how do I check/ensure that? I've had no problems so far, but only had the car a few months. Is only done 53500k miles and doesn't get used much. I don't rag the car or drive balls out all the time.

8 minutes ago, Boulton said:

thank you, but how do I check/ensure that? I've had no problems so far, but only had the car a few months. Is only done 53500k miles and doesn't get used much. I don't rag the car or drive balls out all the time.

A lot of early 1.0s suffer with coolant leak issues due to breather hoses splitting and expansion tank splitting. Keep an eye on coolant level

If the wrong oil has been used and or engine flush used it will break down the cam belt and cause particles to block the oil pick up pipe and the turbo feed causing loss of oil pressure.

Always ensure you use the correct oil and NEVER use flush or additives

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club