Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2/3 dynamic mirror indicators

LarsfromNorway

Thinking about treating Bluey with some new blinkers after passed mot for another two years (why does yours mot only last for one year btw?), but when i look at eBay there are heaps of them. Is the quality the same even if they cost 15 or 35 pounds? They looks very similar to each other. 

The quality is probably pretty similar as lot will come from the same source. I had a set that I used briefly but weren’t really smoked enough for my liking. Also from memory they needed a little bit of adjusting to get them to fit snug and the wires went into the lamps through an open hole which I sealed with a glue gun. 

I’m happy to sell them in return for a fair donation to charity?

Yeah, i guess they are much the same but rebranded and repacked. I will get the cheapest i find 😃 

Thanks for the offer but i think I'll buy them from eBay or similar. Don't know what the shipping will end up with to Norway. 

Do they salt the roads in Norway?

A lot can happen in a year in the UK. It used to be rust that killed a car, now days it's computer modules that die and right a car off!

I got mine from Autobeam.

Good, but expensive. Fit well and have a switch to change from Sequential to Static.

• Thanks 1

I'm not one for dressing my car up just for looks, but these do look cool (is it still cool to say cool???). I think white would only look good on a white car, IMHO.

But how refreshing to see a "how to" video that is so clearly explained and demonstrated.

I had a set off Autobeam but returned them as I wasn’t keen that the design had changed and you could see each individual LED as opposed to a band of yellow light. 

Did edit my post above to mention the unknown of posting parts to Norway but it must have got lost somewhere

9 hours ago, VFR800 said:

Do they salt the roads in Norway?

A lot can happen in a year in the UK. It used to be rust that killed a car, now days it's computer modules that die and right a car off!

They salt the hell out of it.  Now they have even cut some slack in the rules with the rear brake discs letting them have up to 50% rust on the surface instead of the earlier 25% because of the rear brakes doing a very little job stopping the car. But they will start to measure the boiling point on the brake fluid.

1 hour ago, troy45 said:

I had a set off Autobeam but returned them as I wasn’t keen that the design had changed and you could see each individual LED as opposed to a band of yellow light. 

Did edit my post above to mention the unknown of posting parts to Norway but it must have got lost somewhere

I see on the norwegian post service it costs £7 to send domestic, and £40 abroad for the same weight.

• 1 month later...

So, finally they arrived from somewhere in chinaland 😀faster than expected aswell. Snug fit, nice and easy installation. I went for tinted version as i found the black being too black 😂very satisfied with how they look. 

20220504_101656.jpg

20220504_102742.jpg

20220504_102727.jpg

20220504_102713.jpg

20220504_102713.jpg

20220504_102742.jpg

20220504_102727.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/11/2022 at 11:31 AM, LarsfromNorway said:

(why does yours mot only last for one year btw?),

There is no 'reason' whatsoever. The number of road accidents with a primary cause of mechanical failure is about 0.8% (Usually tire defects). There is a whole MOT industry based around government fees to do test, garages to carry them out, sales of parts etc etc. There is also a vociferous lobby who scream that millions will die if MOT times are extended. (you'll recognise them as the'll be walking down a street in the open air wearing a face mask)

Though in Northern Ireland during covid, the time was extended to over 2 years, and the only thing that happened was motorists saved money on an MOT!

• Haha 2

I ordered some from Aliexpress for mine although it has the small indicator units. In a black finish look amazing.

You have the pre-facelift mirrors, Jimpster? Anyway, you have something to look forward to. I always lock my car twice now because of the flowing lights🤣😂

Yes, PFL but Ghia spec. I was tempted to retro fit the newer ones but everyone i've mentioned it to says NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Got that many jobs on the go with it atmo, its on the back burner. Nothing major just little tweaks and fiddles to personalise it to me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club