Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

1 hour ago, Andyiow said:

My dealer rang this morning to tell me my ST Line Vignale ordered in February and due for manufacture May, has now been delayed till the 4th quarter of the year. He also said the production of the problem parts from Ukraine would be moved to Spain.

3 months sounds like it was always very ambitious to be honest. Even before the production issues I heard of people who ordered in October/November last year who weren’t getting manufacture dates before April.

Q4 is quite a delay though and must be frustrating!

43 minutes ago, Jibberish333 said:

3 months sounds like it was always very ambitious to be honest. Even before the production issues I heard of people who ordered in October/November last year who weren’t getting manufacture dates before April.

Q4 is quite a delay though and must be frustrating!

My dealer has been great, he paid for my MOT that was due earlier this month and now will pay for its annual service because he’s taking mine in part exchange but will not get my car until delivery of the new one, he will also honour the price agreed in February.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jibberish333 said:

That’s great news! Hope you enjoy your new car.

Out of interest was your initial order placed in September, October or later? Just trying to gauge where mine might be in the queue 😀

I placed the order mid-Jan. I’ve been lucky by the sounds of it. 

1 minute ago, Jimbob88 said:

I placed the order mid-Jan. I’ve been lucky by the sounds of it. 

Thats odd, I placed my order on November 2021. How the hell did you swindle that 😄

I ordered my ST Line Vignale on the 17th of Feb, I phoned the dealer yesterday and they had no update. He did say that my car could be built with the smaller screen in it. I told them I wasn't willing to accept the smaller display so God knows when I will get it. He originally told me 6-9 months when we ordered it.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:33 PM, MartinCZ said:

Cully_83: when did you place your order?

Sorry only noticed now, I placed order end of January my dealer had so many cars guaranteed for May delivery. I had a call today for update of my car being at end of production.

15 minutes ago, Cully_83 said:

Sorry only noticed now, I placed order end of January my dealer had so many cars guaranteed for May delivery. I had a call today for update of my car being at end of production.

Thanks, so you did that like 3 weeks after me and your car is almost done - and I have no information whatsoever...so you got lucky - enjoy!

• Like 1

I just don't understand why we have multiple delivery terms...I think it's version dependent, because otherwise idk what to say...For example, my Titanium X 125mhev it's still planned for build in July 2022, even if I ordered it on February 2022...

I personally regret that I've ordered a Ford since the lack of communication it's bad, they're not informing us about the status of our order 

• 2 weeks later...

Update- my car got built and is at the Ford compound in Dagenham. 

• Like 2

Dear all, my dealer told me friday that my car is ready to be delivered but tha have an issue with the steering column. They cannot register the focus, there is the same probl on kuga. They stopped test vehicles also. They have no info on what to change or repairbthey are waiting a feed back from the manufacturer. No timming for the moment.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Amcax5 said:

Dear all, my dealer told me friday that my car is ready to be delivered but tha have an issue with the steering column. They cannot register the focus, there is the same probl on kuga. They stopped test vehicles also. They have no info on what to change or repairbthey are waiting a feed back from the manufacturer. No timming for the moment.

Is this a 3rd recall/sales hold on new Focus's within about a month!?  Or is it the same one that was posted a few days ago?  I can't find the thread now.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Is this a 3rd recall/sales hold on new Focus's within about a month!?  Or is it the same one that was posted a few days ago?  I can't find the thread now.

It's the same recall...But it's still sad...How da fuq can Ford have a lot of issues on a facelift that is supposed to be the same car with a different design?

It looks like we'll not see delivered this year our cars and it's a pity.. 😞 

• Sad 2

On 3/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Jibberish333 said:

I’m sure some of you have seen online but apparently production of the Mk. 4.5 is at a halt until at least July because of shortages of Sync 4 components linked to the Ukraine war. This includes having stopped all orders and the removal of build and price from the website (which is the case, at least in the UK). Apparently the news went out to dealers Friday.

Has anyone who ordered actually received confirmation about this from their dealer yet? Is this going to force Ford to reopen Mk. 4 production?

My dealer told me they knew nothing of this and that my car was still on track for the originally quoted delivery but I find that hard to believe!

Ordered a new Focus ST, with a few factory options. 
Placed order Mid November 2021 and was told it would be here for March 2022. Went to the dealership yesterday for an update (Car still not here) and was told the new build date on the Ford system is September 2022! 

9 minutes ago, drh07 said:

was told the new build date on the Ford system is September 2022! 

Look on the bright side, you will get a '72' reg plate. Who knows you might even get a 2023, '72' plate so it will be so much newer when you come to sell it 😀

52 minutes ago, drh07 said:

Ordered a new Focus ST, with a few factory options. 
Placed order Mid November 2021 and was told it would be here for March 2022. Went to the dealership yesterday for an update (Car still not here) and was told the new build date on the Ford system is September 2022! 

If you don't ask your dealer about the projected list of engines, of course this is happening...For example, in my case, even if I wanted the 155mhev option, I opted for the 125 version because the car will be delivered much faster 

I got an update today from my dealer that mine is on route to Dagenham and still on track for mid May delivery.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cully_83 said:

I got an update today from my dealer that mine is on route to Dagenham and still on track for mid May delivery.

Which engine & spec have you gone for?  Any options?

Also didn't realise they go through Dagenham on route to NI.  Do they then get driven by road all the way over on a truck & ferry, or do they get transferred to another train? 

They go from Dagenham to Liverpool apparently. I'm getting the 1.0 Ecoboost ST Line Vignale 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Jibberish333 said:

I’m sure some of you have seen online but apparently production of the Mk. 4.5 is at a halt until at least July because of shortages of Sync 4 components linked to the Ukraine war. This includes having stopped all orders and the removal of build and price from the website (which is the case, at least in the UK). Apparently the news went out to dealers Friday.

Has anyone who ordered actually received confirmation about this from their dealer yet? Is this going to force Ford to reopen Mk. 4 production?

My dealer told me they knew nothing of this and that my car was still on track for the originally quoted delivery but I find that hard to believe!

I ordered a ford focus st-line on 21st November 2021 been told delivery end of June supposed to be delivered 1st March 2022

Hi all, I ordered an ST-Line Vignale 155 mHEV around Christmas time (unsure of exact date) but I have just been told it’s at New Flush which seems to be the port in the Netherlands. I know somebody that ordered a different Ford model in November and still doesn’t even have a build date. What a strange way of doing things

16 hours ago, EthanD1998 said:

Hi all, I ordered an ST-Line Vignale 155 mHEV around Christmas time (unsure of exact date) but I have just been told it’s at New Flush which seems to be the port in the Netherlands. I know somebody that ordered a different Ford model in November and still doesn’t even have a build date. What a strange way of doing things

This is luck dependent..For example, when I ordered a Titanium X in my country in Feb 2022, my dealer told me to pick the 125mhev version since it'll be made much faster than the 155mhev version because this was the plan from Ford for 2022, now I'm waiting and I'm really disturbed by the fact that I still don't have an precise manufacture date,  when I ordered it was planned for Oct 2022, after 3 weeks it was July 2022, and now God now when it'll be made since the dealer doesn't want to speak to me... 

• Like 1

And to think back in the day when I bought a new Nissan Micra I was peeved I had to wait 4 weeks for the new engine variant and could only have silver or green, oh how times have changed.

• Haha 2

Ordered a replacement for our ST Line X in October 21. Got told it couldn’t be built due to chip shortages. In December were were told it would now be a mk 4.5 for delivery late march 22. That got pushed back to May and last week we were told that production was shutdown for a minimum of 3 month, likely to be Q4 due to parts being manufactured in Ukraine. The dealer called yesterday and said they have a car with them, a 155 not the 125 we ordered and did we want it. Pick up on the 7th. Result!! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club