Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

This week my dealer told me, that my order (Trend estate 125) from January still could be fulfilled on time (june delivery) - car is not in producstion yet and doesnt have its VIN code, but is somehow listed in a production calendar or what.

How long does it typically take for a vehicle to arrive at a dealership from the moment it enters Ford's compound in Dagenham? 

5 minutes ago, ThoughtIWasFocused said:

How long does it typically take for a vehicle to arrive at a dealership from the moment it enters Ford's compound in Dagenham? 

It varies.  You have to wait for a full transporter of vehicles up to your dealership.  If it's a big dealership with a high sales rate (or multiple dealerships close together) chances are it'll be pretty quick. 

Been told my car still has a production date of May 2022

22 minutes ago, theroninhunter said:

Been told my car still has a production date of May 2022

Are you sure it wasn’t 2023 🙈

I had asked about this when a friend of mine (who ordered a month or so after me) was told May at the same time mine was delayed with absolutely no estimated date (and I still don’t have one). My dealer told me there is no production currently and that no Focus models will be produced in May. Good luck though, I hope for you it does get built then!

4 minutes ago, Jibberish333 said:

I had asked about this when a friend of mine (who ordered a month or so after me) was told May at the same time mine was delayed with absolutely no estimated date (and I still don’t have one). My dealer told me there is no production currently and that no Focus models will be produced in May. Good luck though, I hope for you it does get built then!

Well my order was in November 2021 so long before the Ukraine situation started........ Who knows

some news of my order made in december 21. my car arrived last saturday.  it is finally not affected by the 22s28 recall, but there is a construction error, they forgot the electric tailgate.  I will have to negotiate with Ford, we'll see.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was thinking about placing an order next week for the new Focus Mk6, expected delivery 2028 if all goes well 🤣

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Jibberish333 said:

Please mention trim line, engine, because Ford it's prioritizing some trims and engines, that's why maybe you don't have an estimated date. 

My Titanium X 125mhev ordered on Feb 2022 it's still on call for July 2022, but idk if it'll be manufactured by then or not.. 

• Like 1

I have just had an update from my dealer regarding my ST Line Vignale it's due to arrive in Liverpool to await shipment to Belfast. Thankfully mine isn't affected by the fault with steering. Still on course for May.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Cully_83 said:

I have just had an update from my dealer regarding my ST Line Vignale it's due to arrive in Liverpool to await shipment to Belfast. Thankfully mine isn't affected by the fault with steering. Still on course for May.

Congrats mate, I hope you'll enjoy your new car! You received it fast because the dealer already ordered this car so that explains why you have it so fast. 

• Like 1

Hi I originally ordered November 2021 but dealership ‘misread’ or ‘misunderstood’ and cancelled the order and re put it through as they thought it was mk4 not updated in February for Active Vignale estate 1.5 Auto then it was assigned VIN scheduled for the following week in the last week of March then due to screen shortages apparently pushed to April then may and June, this is really disgusting I understand there is manufacturing problems but how can a vehicle go from being scheduled in a week to 2months from now

Can't believe this, it looks like the factory it's closed again till mid June, why do we still buy Ford? They're basically laughing about us , and there is no sign of delivery or discount for such a long waiting time.. I do really regret that I didn't picked a Mazda from the stock...

Ford Saarlouis: Derzeit keine Produktion - Entscheidung über Zukunft im Juni (sol.de)

Ford schreibt schwarze Zahlen in Europa | Kölnische Rundschau (rundschau-online.de)

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Chera said:

Can't believe this, it looks like the factory it's closed again till mid June, why do we still buy Ford? They're basically laughing about us , and there is no sign of delivery or discount for such a long waiting time.. I do really regret that I didn't picked a Mazda from the stock...

Ford Saarlouis: Derzeit keine Produktion - Entscheidung über Zukunft im Juni (sol.de)

Ford schreibt schwarze Zahlen in Europa | Kölnische Rundschau (rundschau-online.de)

Can't you cancel your order and buy a stock car elsewhere instead?  I wish I'd done that with mine in hindsight, when the delivery date ended up being much later than my necessary date...but felt too much sympathy for the salesman at the time. :rolleyes: 

I'm sure you're aware, but other car makers have had to idle factories over the last few months as well...VW included...I know people still waiting for VWs that were ordered more than 12 months ago, and still have no fixed build date! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Can't you cancel your order and buy a stock car elsewhere instead?  I wish I'd done that with mine in hindsight, when the delivery date ended up being much later than my necessary date...but felt too much sympathy for the salesman at the time. :rolleyes: 

I'm sure you're aware, but other car makers have had to idle factories over the last few months as well...VW included...I know people still waiting for VWs that were ordered more than 12 months ago, and still have no fixed build date! 

Your right about VW. 

Screenshot_20220430-102426.png

Screenshot_20220430-102444.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ford got plenty of vans , perhaps a have a connect tourneo? 😂😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, iantt said:

Your right about VW. 

Without taking this thread off-topic, the few people I know that have eventually had Mk8 Golf's delivered aren't exactly content with them either.  I genuinely believe VW are looking at losing a lot of previous repeat customers if they don't sort those out and make the ID3 a higher quality equivalent pretty quickly...  Plus Ford will be using the same platform soon...could be the DV6 situation all over again for them!

Just to prove that it's not all gloom. Order placed end of Nov 21 Active X Vignale 125 MHEV auto Estate. Update in Jan22 of build date Mar22. Checked with dealer mid March and build date stated as 31st Mar with dealer by end of April. Update from dealer today, car has been built and is in Dagenham under going checks before delivery to dealership. So will be slightly later than originally stated but in the scheme of things I have been very happy with the dealership and the way they have kept me informed. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pwa1962 said:

Just to prove that it's not all gloom. Order placed end of Nov 21 Active X Vignale 125 MHEV auto Estate. Update in Jan22 of build date Mar22. Checked with dealer mid March and build date stated as 31st Mar with dealer by end of April. Update from dealer today, car has been built and is in Dagenham under going checks before delivery to dealership. So will be slightly later than originally stated but in the scheme of things I have been very happy with the dealership and the way they have kept me informed. 

You're lucky because they had parts for your car, others need to wait 1year+ and its not nice.

On 4/28/2022 at 12:48 PM, Cully_83 said:

That’s the focus I’m interested in. Petrol 155 mh with the 7 speed auto box. Does the Vignale description mean it’s fully loaded? Have you test driven the model you’ve ordered ? 

5 hours ago, pwa1962 said:

Mine was similar to that, except it didn’t get built and has been pushed and pushed and my car is for disabilities so You would think some sort of urgency would be put in place. I’m currently unable to go out and have to taxi to hospital 3-4 a week 

The dealer told me that the new issue with delay is due to parts for the Focus being manufactured in Ukraine. Is this true? 

22 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If I could do this I would be more than happy, but in my contract it is specified: ,,not refundable, time to delivery may 2023, if this date it's not completed, then I can get my money back", I was an idiot to sign a contract like this... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGinger1 said:

The dealer told me that the new issue with delay is due to parts for the Focus being manufactured in Ukraine. Is this true? 

Yes, it is unfortunately... 

Just thought I’d check. I feel bad for the Ukrainians getting bombed and shot at. Kind of brings the delay in delivery of our new cars  into perspective doesn’t it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club