Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

On 5/3/2022 at 2:01 PM, Jimbob88 said:

Spoke with my dealer yesterday for an update. Vehicle currently in Dagenham awaiting a QC check.

Order date early Jan - ST Line Vignale 155, auto.

Please keep us updated, sounds like you should be getting it very soon, from what you say.

just been told by the dealer that Ford’s current plan is that MK4.5 production will resume with the MK4 sync 3 screen in. When,  who knows 

• Sad 1

I really hope not, I wanted sync 4 for wireless android auto. 

I don't see how they could do that as it'll need a redesign of the dashboard as your switching from a 14" wide screen to an 8" screen

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, theroninhunter said:

I really hope not, I wanted sync 4 for wireless android auto. 

I don't see how they could do that as it'll need a redesign of the dashboard as your switching from a 14" wide screen to an 8" screen

Sync 3 can support 10 inch screens and it’s mostly stuck on top of the dash so wouldn’t take much to accommodate if that is the route they choose. 

It’s the big screen that’s made in Ukraine, hence sync 3 with a mk4 screen

35 minutes ago, TheGinger1 said:

just been told by the dealer that Ford’s current plan is that MK4.5 production will resume with the MK4 sync 3 screen in. When,  who knows 

Well if mine turns up with an 8" screen and Sync 3, I wont be accepting it and they can stick it where the sun don't shine. I chose this model for the bigger screen and Sync 4.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Duke178 said:

Well if mine turns up with an 8" screen and Sync 3, I wont be accepting it and they can stick it where the sun don't shine. I chose this model for the bigger screen and Sync 4.

Ditto I wanted the big screen and sync 4

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGinger1 said:

I think only for new orders, for existing orders I think it's fine, even if big delays will come...Also, maybe for ST versions and non mild hybrid engines,, and not for Titanium/Titanium X/ST-Line. 

I would also refuse a Sync 3 8" display since it's an old infotainment, I would accept only the new future proof Sync 4. 

• Like 1

About the ford factory in Germany closing for 4-6 weeks for summer?!? I’ve heard previously they do close for a summer break but having worked in manufacturing (computers not cars) they wouldn’t close for 4-6 hrs never mind weeks. Night and day. Anyway when there’s £$€ to be made Ford will be doing all they can to produce as many as possible as quickly as possible. All I need is an opportunity to order before end of August preferably sooner. Lead times aren’t a problem in my situation but if there’s not the toys due to chip shortages I will be looking elsewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Chera said:

I would accept only the new future proof Sync 4.

Future proof Sync 4 ?

Would that be like when Microsoft said that Windows 10 would be the last version ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGinger1 said:

22 minutes ago, Chera said:

I think only for new orders, for existing orders I think it's fine, even if big delays will come...Also, maybe for ST versions and non mild hybrid engines,, and not for Titanium/Titanium X/ST-Line. 

I would also refuse a Sync 3 8" display since it's an old infotainment, I would accept only the new future proof Sync 4. 

TBH that makes more sense, reopen new orders but they ship with Sync 3 and finish existing orders with Sync 4 (as advertised) 

Hopefully, when Ford are on about continuing production with 8" screens, they are only talking about the Focus Trend model 🤔

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

Future proof Sync 4 ?

Would that be like when Microsoft said that Windows 10 would be the last version ever.

Sync 4 will not be about long. Ford are switching to Google Android automotive. I think it’s due to start on some US models next year. 

At this rate they may just go back to Sync 3 until the new Google system is ready to roll out and skip Sync 4 on some models. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Sync 4 will not be about long. Ford are switching to Google Android automotive. I think it’s due to start on some US models next year. 

At this rate they may just go back to Sync 3 until the new Google system is ready to roll out and skip Sync 4 on some models. 

Well that "future proof" didn't last long, it's only 11 minutes since I posted my comment 🤣

• Haha 5

We had sync 3 in our Flex right around 2015. I think (correct me if I am wrong) it was a couple of years after that before it was available in the UK? That said, the Google software has been mentioned as an update so hopefully it’s an over the air type of deal and will happen a bit quicker. I am a bit of technical biff though so I am probably talking c*+p 

Also, Gates Ford in Harlow have a 4.5 Silver ST Line Vignale 155 hatch and a Black ST hatch with performance pack and pano roof in the showroom. Unsure if they are available, might be worth asking. Our car came out of a showroom so there seems to be the odd car around. 

57 minutes ago, TheGinger1 said:

Also, Gates Ford in Harlow have a 4.5 Silver ST Line Vignale 155 hatch and a Black ST hatch with performance pack and pano roof in the showroom. Unsure if they are available, might be worth asking. Our car came out of a showroom so there seems to be the odd car around. 

Do you know if the ST Line Vignale is an automatic or manual, if its an auto dos anyone know if it has the rotary gear selector or stick shift gear selector?  Harlow is a bit far for me to go just to have a look 😝

7 minutes ago, Duke178 said:

Do you know if the ST Line Vignale is an automatic or manual, if its an auto dos anyone know if it has the rotary gear selector or stick shift gear selector?  Harlow is a bit far for me to go just to have a look 😝

I am quite sure it’s a manual 

• Thanks 1

I'm personally really annoyed about what Ford's doing. My order from Feb 22 was now postponed till winter 22 with no planned production date...I really wish I bought that Mazda 3 from stock but the dealer refused to give my money back instead of this car that's only postponed... 

7 hours ago, Duke178 said:

Do you not have a phone?

16 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Do you not have a phone?

Yes I do.

1 minute ago, Duke178 said:

Yes I do.

No need to go and have a look then when you can speak to them.

1 minute ago, MarksST said:

No need to go and have a look then when you can speak to them.

Wow never thought of that, thanks for being so helpful 🙄

Usually I'd say it's worth checking the new car pictures on Autotrader...however all of the brand new MHEVs listed as DCT have a manual gearknob in the pictures. :unsure:

Which may mean that the autos haven't been built yet?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Duke178 said:

Wow never thought of that, thanks for being so helpful 🙄

No problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club