Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

22 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

but taking orders is money in the bank for ford. Most manufacturers seem to be in the same boat. I waited 3 months for my 2019 focus ,obviously before all this BS. If it’s 6 month lead time I’d order. 

Probably that 6 month waiting time would be for already existing orders, otherwise 9 months+ if you're lucky... 

• Like 1

9-12 months from ordering seems more likely at the moment, but who knows what else might happen in the next few months!

If you can find one already in build, or a cancelled order in a compound somewhere, you can obviously shorten that considerably.

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

9-12 months from ordering seems more likely at the moment, but who knows what else might happen in the next few months!

If you can find one already in build, or a cancelled order in a compound somewhere, you can obviously shorten that considerably.

Not exactly, I was trying to modify my Titanium X with an Active X, estimated build date was Sept 2023, so yeah, no 12 months 🙂

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Chera said:

Not exactly, I was trying to modify my Titanium X with an Active X, estimated build date was Sept 2023, so yeah, no 12 months 🙂

Is there any reason you want to swap a Titanium X for an Active X?

Having had both, I'm struggling to see the USP of the Active.  Didn't get the chance to test drive it before ordering...had assumed it would have a smoother ride but that isn't the case, it's just added more body roll!

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is there any reason you want to swap a Titanium X for an Active X?

Having had both, I'm struggling to see the USP of the Active.  Didn't get the chance to test drive it before ordering...had assumed it would have a smoother ride but that isn't the case, it's just added more body roll!

Active X has a much higher ground clearance and it's important for me since we don't have so many highways here, so yeah, living in a city it's good to have a crossover

Also, it has the suspension from ST-Line which it's great.

I didn't had the occasion to test-drive it, but I think it's  a superior car compared to Titanium X 

3 minutes ago, Chera said:

Active X has a much higher ground clearance and it's important for me since we don't have so many highways here, so yeah, living in a city it's good to have a crossover

Also, it has the suspension from ST-Line which it's great.

I didn't had the occasion to test-drive it, but I think it's  a superior car compared to Titanium X 

I own one and can confirm it's not superior to the Titanium X I had before. 

Mine is the Vignale so even has multilink suspension which most don't.  Springs and shocks are specific to the Active due to the height increase, it's not ST-Line suspension.

I can understand the need for more ground clearance...but I really would urge you to get a test drive in one before making your choice!

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.38e9b6992c76956809984e4f04e53a18.png

So nice, Ford doesn't want to sell the Active 125mhev in my country, so I'm forced to stick with the 155mhev which it's very expensive and has an estimated delivery date of Sept 2023 which it's not nice. 

Why this term? Because Ford will produce the 155mhev engine starting with Dec 2022, so yeah... 😞

4 hours ago, Chera said:

image.thumb.png.38e9b6992c76956809984e4f04e53a18.png

So nice, Ford doesn't want to sell the Active 125mhev in my country, so I'm forced to stick with the 155mhev which it's very expensive and has an estimated delivery date of Sept 2023 which it's not nice. 

Why this term? Because Ford will produce the 155mhev engine starting with Dec 2022, so yeah... 😞

You're not forced to stick with it, there are plenty of other car manufacturers about.  If increased ground clearance is your main priority then look at other marques...the Mk4 Focus really isn't that great, and is only made worse by raising the suspension (imo of course!).  

After you mentioned ground clearance, I made a note of looking at my Active the car park.  The front bumper is barely any higher than my Golf or my neighbours Fiesta ZS in all honesty...the extra suspension travel might help on a rutted lane, but you'll quickly smash the plastic splitter along the bottom of the bumper with any real off roading.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You're not forced to stick with it, there are plenty of other car manufacturers about.  If increased ground clearance is your main priority then look at other marques...the Mk4 Focus really isn't that great, and is only made worse by raising the suspension (imo of course!).  

After you mentioned ground clearance, I made a note of looking at my Active the car park.  The front bumper is barely any higher than my Golf or my neighbours Fiesta ZS in all honesty...the extra suspension travel might help on a rutted lane, but you'll quickly smash the plastic splitter along the bottom of the bumper with any real off roading.

Well, unfortunately not, I've analyzed the market and Ford was the only one that had price-quality ratio.. I30 was on my list, but lacked adaptive cruise control, Kia Xceed was the dream car, but was at 30k euro, which it's really expensive, my Focus was 21k only(I know, really cheap in my country), and others were pretty bad... 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Chera said:

Well, unfortunately not, I've analyzed the market and Ford was the only one that had price-quality ratio.. I30 was on my list, but lacked adaptive cruise control, Kia Xceed was the dream car, but was at 30k euro, which it's really expensive, my Focus was 21k only(I know, really cheap in my country), and others were pretty bad... 

Fair point, I hadn't considered the differences across countries.  21k Euro is super cheap for an Active X!!  XCeed does look like a good Focus equivalent now, but I agree that's too much of a price difference.

Adaptive cruise wasn't standard on the Mk4 Focus so you may have to spec that as an optional extra.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, DavidQ87 said:

I emailed my dealer yesterday to see what’s happening with my 1.5l eco boost st line vignale automatic. He said that it’s showing a preliminary production date of June/July.

last time I spoke to them there was nothing so I’ll that that as a positive, the car was ordered on the 17th of Feb.

Ordered my ST Line Vignale 1.0 155ps auto with all the extras except the HUD last October. My dealer Gates of Harlow are now saying Ford are showing a build month of June.  Might get it in time for the next new reg in September! 👍🏻😉

My dealer has just called to advise no change in build date. Still provisionally May... 

Titanium Vignale 155 MH with all the extras except the panoramic roof

Least it hasn't changed date still........

4 hours ago, theroninhunter said:

My dealer has just called to advise no change in build date. Still provisionally May... 

Titanium Vignale 155 MH with all the extras except the panoramic roof

Least it hasn't changed date still........

This is crazy to me. It is my understanding no Sync 4 models are currently being built (they are only producing base car (Trend here in the UK), Titanium Style, Active Style and ST Line Style) so not sure how your Titanium Vignale will be built in May. Hope I’m wrong for you of course but if that is true it seems bad of Ford to not be updating the system and making customers think their car will be built this month even though it won’t!

On 3/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Jibberish333 said:

I’m sure some of you have seen online but apparently production of the Mk. 4.5 is at a halt until at least July because of shortages of Sync 4 components linked to the Ukraine war. This includes having stopped all orders and the removal of build and price from the website (which is the case, at least in the UK). Apparently the news went out to dealers Friday.

Has anyone who ordered actually received confirmation about this from their dealer yet? Is this going to force Ford to reopen Mk. 4 production?

My dealer told me they knew nothing of this and that my car was still on track for the originally quoted delivery but I find that hard to believe!

I know people who have been waiting a long time for Pumas. Don’t know anyone with a Focus though. I luckily found a Focus no 4.5 on Cinch with 5 miles on the clock and got it on there. Couldn’t build one myself on Fords site as they’d already stopped orders by then

55 minutes ago, Jibberish333 said:

This is crazy to me. It is my understanding no Sync 4 models are currently being built (they are only producing base car (Trend here in the UK), Titanium Style, Active Style and ST Line Style) so not sure how your Titanium Vignale will be built in May. Hope I’m wrong for you of course but if that is true it seems bad of Ford to not be updating the system and making customers think their car will be built this month even though it won’t!

Why is it crazy? My order was Nov 21 way before they stopped pre orders.

There has been nothing official from Ford about cancelling all existing orders or changing them. I imagine they can't legally change my order to a trend without giving me notice. 

1 hour ago, Jibberish333 said:

And yet my Trend ordered on 4th of January is nowhere to be found...

I have ordered my ST-line Vignale Mhev 155 Estate in September 21'.

Build date was April which obviously has not happened, dealer said date been moved to May so I am waiting atm no further updates.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, MartinCZ said:

Come to my country, here we have plenty of Trend for a good price 🙂

8 minutes ago, Chera said:

Come to my country, here we have plenty of Trend for a good price 🙂

And your country is ...?
Here in Czechia there are also stock Trends (not many), but like 20% more expensive than is my order price...

We ordered our 125 ST Line Vignale in August 21. It still hasn’t been built. We were offered a 155MHEV that obviously had a cost increase and had to be done over 2 years as Ford no longer offer 0% over 3 years, despite that, it was still cheaper than 2018 ST Line X thanks to the inflated PX value. We collected it from Harlow on the 7th and it is ***** fantastic. 

In other news, I passed a train heading north just north of Carlisle that was full of Fords, mostly transits, a few Pumas but no Focus or Fiesta’s.

I really hope ya’ll get your cars soon people. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, MartinCZ said:

And your country is ...?
Here in Czechia there are also stock Trends (not many), but like 20% more expensive than is my order price...

Romania, we have Trend with 16-17k, depends on the dealer .

I purchased a Titanium X with all options with 21k, so yeah, you can find some really nice deals here 🙂

1 hour ago, Chera said:

Romania, we have Trend with 16-17k, depends on the dealer .

I purchased a Titanium X with all options with 21k, so yeah, you can find some really nice deals here 🙂

Hmm good for you, my Trend price is 21k and I think that for UK/Germany it is even more.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MartinCZ said:

Hmm good for you, my Trend price is 21k and I think that for UK/Germany it is even more.

yeah, but your salary it's not like 300 euro/month, that's why the cars are cheap in countries like Romania, Bulgaria 

I just heard from my dealer this morning my car is on site and I have been booked in for collection on Friday morning. I can't wait 😁

• Like 5

23 hours ago, theroninhunter said:

Why is it crazy? My order was Nov 21 way before they stopped pre orders.

There has been nothing official from Ford about cancelling all existing orders or changing them. I imagine they can't legally change my order to a trend without giving me notice. 

Sorry I think my point has been slightly misunderstood. I agree your car should be built in May (or honestly should have been built when they originally said which at a guess was probably March time?) but my local dealer told me Ford are not downgrading or cancelling current orders (as you say) and that they are not producing cars with Sync 4 currently so I don’t see how (even though it should) your car can actually be built in May. I think this is the crazy part, that Ford are essentially lying to customers saying their car will be built in May even though it won’t in the hope that giving an unrealistic date and changing it last minute will stop customers cancelling orders because their car is getting built soon.

22 hours ago, MartinCZ said:

Sadly this is still the case for many who ordered Sync 3 cars it seems. They are been produced currently though is my understanding from my local dealer so hopefully you won’t have to wait too much longer.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club