Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

I ordered my st line Vignale 155 loaded  with extras late January and I was told July delivery. Obviously this was before Ukraine horrors. I can live with any delays for reasons already aired…

but some ‘grown up’ communication and honesty is required from Ford…they made cork ups with parts/components and ‘just in time’ manufacturing…

I am anticipating that in June/July I will be informed of likely build and expected delivery will be next March 2023

and from what I’ve read about insecurity at Saarlouis plant, they could even be the last year of production!! (?)

surely Ford can pin down manufacturing of sync 4 screens and will have a definite handle on production of their cars! We would get more certainty from a dodgy builder!!

sorry for the rant….

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shinetop said:

I ordered my st line Vignale 155 loaded  with extras late January and I was told July delivery. Obviously this was before Ukraine horrors. I can live with any delays for reasons already aired…

but some ‘grown up’ communication and honesty is required from Ford…they made cork ups with parts/components and ‘just in time’ manufacturing…

I am anticipating that in June/July I will be informed of likely build and expected delivery will be next March 2023

and from what I’ve read about insecurity at Saarlouis plant, they could even be the last year of production!! (?)

surely Ford can pin down manufacturing of sync 4 screens and will have a definite handle on production of their cars! We would get more certainty from a dodgy builder!!

sorry for the rant….

Steve

I think we all agree the communications from Ford have been crap as a polite word. I can't blame my dealer as its out of their hands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

sorry for the rant….

Steve

It's because of the engine and not of the configuration. The 155 it's scheduled for later production. 

I don’t blame the dealership or online broker in my case, but why is the 155 unit such a low priority? Is it because its a ‘chipped’ version of the 125? And therefore require a shed load more micro chips?

in any case, an upfront statement of production information and intentions would enhance customer relations..

the ‘mushroom’ treatment isn’t sitting right with me…the delays may be so long that some may decide to cancel and go electric! Indeed Ford themselves have no confidence in the future of i. c. Engines from 2024! in Europe anyway…

2 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

I don’t blame the dealership or online broker in my case, but why is the 155 unit such a low priority? Is it because its a ‘chipped’ version of the 125? And therefore require a shed load more micro chips?

in any case, an upfront statement of production information and intentions would enhance customer relations..

the ‘mushroom’ treatment isn’t sitting right with me…the delays may be so long that some may decide to cancel and go electric! Indeed Ford themselves have no confidence in the future of i. c. Engines from 2024! in Europe anyway…

I think you should've ask your dealer about the production plan for 2022, my dealer informed me that the 155 versions that are ordered this year will be produced starting with nov-dec 2022, so that's why maybe your car will be delayed.

I'm so sorry for you, my dream was also to purchase the 155hp version of this car, but because of the long waiting time I purchased the 125 version that I hope it'll be produced in sept-oct as it was initially planned. 

11 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

The amount of chips will be the same in both the 125 & 155 MHEVs.  (Fewer in the non MHEV.)  

It's probably just easier for the engine factory to produce one type at the moment.

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The amount of chips will be the same in both the 125 & 155 MHEVs.  (Fewer in the non MHEV.)  

It's probably just easier for the engine factory to produce one type at the moment.

It's also about pollution, Ford preferring to neglect the diesel/ST versions for the Petrol 125mhev...

19 minutes ago, Chera said:

It's also about pollution, Ford preferring to neglect the diesel/ST versions for the Petrol 125mhev...

I thought that too, but I can't find the official figures for the 125/155MHEV now, I don't think there's all that much difference between them?

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I thought that too, but I can't find the official figures for the 125/155MHEV now, I don't think there's all that much difference between them?

Nope there is not, but being a mild-hybrid it's still considered as a hybrid, at least in my country,so yeah, Ford wins something from this 

• Like 1

Friend of mine has just seen a shipments of Fords on motorway around Leeds, Focuses, Transits, Fiestas.

According to wheels I have not seen top specs.

39 minutes ago, D-Day said:

Friend of mine has just seen a shipments of Fords on motorway around Leeds, Focuses, Transits, Fiestas.

According to wheels I have not seen top specs.

Exactly, only Trends are made right now, or to be more specific, only cars with Sync 3, which it's really a shame. 

I've seen a few that were built beginning April and shipped to us end April. None with sync 4 so far. Did see a few with sync 4 back in beginning of April from march builds. 

Hi, I also have a focus st line vignale on order through motorfinity. It’s the 1.0 eco boost 155.

I’ve seen a few comments that it may not be the newest interior tech? Does anyone know if it is now. I have a delivery date of next Thursday booked in. So it’s all built and ready to go.

also, it’s an auto. Will it have the rotary or horrible linear shifter that looks 10 years out of date. It’s really not clear online which is which.

I’ll be a bit annoyed if it’s the linear shifter. The guy at motorfinity also told me they aren’t producing the diesel anymore, yet I’ve seen several advertised on auto trader!… diesel with rotary shifter would have been my preference. 

I don’t think the 4.5 has a rotary selector. The thing with the rotary is having to give it a couple of seconds when changing from Drive to Reverse , same  Reverse to drive . 
Apart from that it’s great. Not sure if remote engine start will be possible with the new one. 
Discontinued the 2L diesel but I thought the 1.5L diesel was still an option. 

The rotary selector only comes with the ST and diesel automatics 

I am not sure as I gave up on automatic, but my understanding is:

Petrol engines -  dual clutch auto, with lever - it is a powershift one but apperently new one so not really an opinion if it is as bad as previous powershift.

Diesel engines - CVT auto, same as mk 4.0 with rotary selector.

If anyone who works at dealership can clarify this.

Thanks.

Latest from my dealer for ST Line Vignale 155ps Auto in Fantastic Red, ordered 3rd February, build date August, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Well that's me now in my Focus ST Line Vignale 1.0 Ecosport. Collected from dealership this morning. Absolutely love it!! First Focus from mk2.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cully_83 said:

Well that's me now in my Focus ST Line Vignale 1.0 Ecosport. Collected from dealership this morning. Absolutely love it!! First Focus from mk2.

2 cars welded together? EcoSport and focus. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Cully_83 said:

Amazing congratulations! Did you go for an auto or manual? How are you finding it? 
presume all come fitted with sync 4 to put our minds at ease?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, iantt said:

2 cars welded together? EcoSport and focus. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s a new level of cut and shut !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, D-Day said:

I am not sure as I gave up on automatic, but my understanding is:

Petrol engines -  dual clutch auto, with lever - it is a powershift one but apperently new one so not really an opinion if it is as bad as previous powershift.

Diesel engines - CVT auto, same as mk 4.0 with rotary selector.

If anyone who works at dealership can clarify this.

Thanks.

You are right about the gearbox in the petrol mhev engines. However, the diesels get the 8 speed auto with the rotary dial which is the same as the one in the pre-facelift model, not the CVT one. This has been confirmed to me by Ford dealer.

The CVT gearbox I think is only present in PHEV models like the Kuga.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:58 AM, TomsFocus said:

Which engine & spec have you gone for?  Any options?

Also didn't realise they go through Dagenham on route to NI.  Do they then get driven by road all the way over on a truck & ferry, or do they get transferred to another train? 

1 hour ago, Tsb29 said:

Amazing congratulations! Did you go for an auto or manual? How are you finding it? 
presume all come fitted with sync 4 to put our minds at ease?

Just manual, yes got mine with Sync 4. The Ford Pass doesn't allow for remote start.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

That’s a new level of cut and shut !

Just noticed that 😂😂😂 ***** auto correct once again 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club