Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

Ford Focus Production To End In 2025: Official (motor1.com)

Guys, wtfff, what's happening?

This car it's doomed... I really regret that I purchased it, I should've picked another car...If I would only knew that Ford doesn't want to push the production up..

19 minutes ago, Chera said:

This car it's doomed... I really regret that I purchased it, I should've picked another car...If I would only knew that Ford doesn't want to push the production up..

Not really surprising. Ford models have generally had a production run of 6 years or so for as long as I can remember.

Probably a lot of other manufacturers models will also be coming to the end of their lives around 2025/2026 as the industry switches to EV production.

25 minutes ago, Chera said:

Even if the plant in Saarlouis was saved and chosen to build the next electric Ford, next Ford Focus most likely will be on the VW MEB platform anyway, so I don't see any news here. It was long known that MK4 will be the last "traditional" Focus.

The bigger problem for people that are waiting their car from this factory would be the quality of work and motivation of the staff that will build the cars. Knowing that the factory will be closed/sold after 2 years for sure will reflect on the staff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanD said:

Knowing that the factory will be closed/sold after 2 years for sure will reflect on the staff.

That depends on how Ford handle it. The terms offered to staff at the Bridgend engine plant were quite generous, and a guy I know who worked at the  Southampton plant until Transit production was transferred to Turkey, was over the moon with his severance terms.

Macklin Motors Glasgow (Bristol Street to you sasanachs) were today advertising they’re getting a delivery of new Focus this month. 🤷‍♂️ 

ST Line Style 🧐 

BFC99228-ABAE-454F-8556-8C7F8C896537.png

83057127-549D-4BC4-B0F6-82764EB8DA85.png

• Like 1

It’s like a fire sale .. sync3

82986989-1107-4EC9-B6AA-4E2DB9BAA076.png

Just now, Alex.S said:

It’s like a fire sale ..

They're not putting the old EcoBoosts in again are they!? 😮

8 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Macklin Motors Glasgow (Bristol Street to you sasanachs) were today advertising they’re getting a delivery of new Focus this month. 🤷‍♂️ 

ST Line Style 🧐 

Saw a video of this model on youtube.   Never heard of it before.  Appears to have sync 3 with the smaller screen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

They're not putting the old EcoBoosts in again are they!? 😮

Sorry Tom I edited that post

Was Style not a base model fiesta ? 

I've been using this thread for updates as well. At least I'm not the only one Ford aren't communicating well with.

Dealer could only pass on the estimated build date (originally March, latest July) so I tried to speak to Ford themselves. Live chat weren't very helpful so tried an email. They called me back and couldn't tell me much more. I wanted to know if cars of my spec were being produced at all and they couldn't say, again only give me the estimated build date of July. The fact that it's still showing as July is promising I guess since others here have later dates but I'd be willing to bet that as soon as July roles around it changes to August. Nothing to do but sit tight I suppose, that's what I get for spec-ing up my car a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scottie91 said:

I've been using this thread for updates as well. At least I'm not the only one Ford aren't communicating well with.

Dealer could only pass on the estimated build date (originally March, latest July) so I tried to speak to Ford themselves. Live chat weren't very helpful so tried an email. They called me back and couldn't tell me much more. I wanted to know if cars of my spec were being produced at all and they couldn't say, again only give me the estimated build date of July. The fact that it's still showing as July is promising I guess since others here have later dates but I'd be willing to bet that as soon as July roles around it changes to August. Nothing to do but sit tight I suppose, that's what I get for spec-ing up my car a bit.

Unprecedented times mate. What have you ordered? 

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Unprecedented times mate. What have you ordered? 

Tell me about it. It's getting hard to remember when the last time that "unprecedented times" wasn't a prominent phrase.

ST-Line Vignale 1.0L 155 mHEV 7 speed auto with a couple of packs added just so it needs more semi conductors

Ford Focus ST ordered in a existing build slot (if the dealership is telling the truth) , only ordered 2 weeks ago. Dealership suggesting December 22 delivery. Just putting this in for info purposes. 

22 minutes ago, Scottie91 said:

Tell me about it. It's getting hard to remember when the last time that "unprecedented times" wasn't a prominent phrase.

ST-Line Vignale 1.0L 155 mHEV 7 speed auto with a couple of packs added just so it needs more semi conductors

Good choice. I would’ve ordered the same car.  In fact planned to in July but no chance as it stands just now. I’m holding off for a plug in hybrid focus or I’ll need to look elsewhere. Hyundai/Kia have all the chips and EV/Hybrid options . 

• Like 1

Mine is a ST line Vignale 155mHEV 7 speed as well and my latest build is also July, previously build dates have been June, October and August.

Hi all,

ST Line Style?

Madness.

So I've been looking on autotrader to see how many ST Line Vignales are coming through, and its been the same 25 ish cars uk wide for about a month and a half now. Shows that not many are coming in fresh. Buy I suppose you could argue that any that do come in are going to customers.

Just filtered by ST Line style, and there are 62 results. All ST lines, but with sync 3.

A few months back when the Ukraine issue got announced, Ford said  it would continue making the focus with the old sync 3, but this is now confirmation, and also confirmation that they have come up with an entirely new spec to start moving the mk4.5. 

This was never avail on the configurator when that was last live!

Again, this is in the UK!

Wonder if there's a titanium style?

.......just looked.

Yes there is a Titanium Style.

Mk4.5 Titanium with a sync 3!

.....and inevitably, there's a Active Style.

• Sad 1

I'll wait for the Vignale Style to be available. 

• Haha 4

Ford must be making these for stock. No one could have ordered one right? Orders suspended, and configurator down....

Interesting....

Interestingly, they're varied in terms of options.... sunroof, heated seats etc.

12 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Was Style not a base model fiesta ? 

Style was a low spec Focus in Mk2 as well.  However, it's since been used by VW for their high spec Mk8 Golf just to add more confusion...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex.S said:

ST Line Style 🧐 

We have plenty of Style in my country, with prices from 21k euro to 26k st line style automatic 155mhev... Anyway, they're basically MK4 but with a new front, and they doesn't worth their pricetags, so yeah... 

Ford ha released two new different versions of the Focus just like they did with the Puma (at least that was the case in Greece for the Puma) a couple of months back. One is the Design line which doesn't have the camera related tech and costs ~1000 euros less (limited stock I think, already built but affected by the semiconductor shortages) and the other one is the the Style line that has the Sync 3 system with the 8" screen and plain plastic parts (no fake carbon fibre there I think) and will probably be built sooner than the Sync 4 models.

I checked on the german Ford site and indeed there are 3 different brochures with these changes present. I don't know if that will be the case for every country but at least it might shed some light on how they are planning to approach this.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club