Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

At the risk of stating the obvious, it seems to me that there are two likely scenarios…

Ford are working valiantly behind the scenes to pull out all the stops to fulfill all existing Focus orders, in particular, those with the 155 engine and various chosen extras…

Or they are using damage limitation strategies to get anything to Ford dealers so they have stock. Existing orders are already factored into dealers frantic financial situation, so they need something to sell or that can be ordered…and require little urgency 

The Saarlouis plant is closing focus production from 2025(official)

The specifications we have all ordered are no longer available…

Valencia chosen to make next generation electric vehicles…

Yet we are all given ‘build dates’ of July to November this year.. Is this a load of bullysheet in an attempt to stave off cancellation of orders?

I truly hope I’m totally wrong and scare mongering, we’re all grown up here, there’s plenty of horrors going on in the world for all this to be irrelevant in the big scheme of things.. it’s just possible a massive waste of time…!

If the  car I ordered in late January is not going to be built/delivered, just inform me and I’ll look for something else ..! ( no kittens were harmed in constructing this rant!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure wether this is a hot scoop or not. 

But i have just been informed, full production of Sync 4 units begins on Monday (27th June). 

The 4.5s with Sync 3s were randomly allocated to dealerships, this was to stimulate sales. 

Sounds good to me! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

The specifications we have all ordered are no longer available…

What do you mean exactly by that? What specifications have been cut from production. 

1 minute ago, cnikolakakis said:

What do you mean exactly by that? What specifications have been cut from production. 

From what ive been told, full production for cars to be fitted with Sync4 will start on Monday.

Not sure about other options though, cant imagine my ST will be built, but other cars will be. 

Just messaged another contact at Ford, gonna see what he says. 

Well all I know is that ST Line Vignale Focus’s with mehv 155, pan roof , matrix headlights, drivers pack, parking pack , blind spot monitoring, head up display have been like rocking horse do-doo

but what do I know..? Nuffin…!

Just now, Shinetop said:

I hope you’re right Sausageman!!

I hope so too mate. 

But, im thinking these cars are gonna be standard ones with Sync4. 

This info was from their bulletin last Friday, another bulletin will be supplied tomorrow from Ford. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

Well all I know is that Focus’s with mehv 155, pan roof , matrix headlights, drivers pack, parking pack , blind spot monitoring, head up display have been like rocking horse do-doo

but what do I know..? Nuffin…!

Well you just described my order (+b/o and automatic but without the roof and HUD 😅.) What does the rocking horse do-doo mean though? That there aren't many produced/delivered?

Mine has not yet had a build date but my dealer said that one code that can be seen in the order information states that it will be built sometime in the last quarter of this year. 

Hope you 're right about this Sausagman. Please keep us posted if you have any news! 

• Like 1

Rocking horse ***** is similar to Unicorn droppings… very, very rare!

• Thanks 1

I have reliably been informed that a large batch of Sync4s will be produced from next week, but this wont be continuous production of 4.5s with Sync4s - it will stop. Then at some point restart again. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On a positive note / different way of looking at it.

Sync 4 is the main issue.

155 engines are avail on pumas, but you could argue they're being prioritised, limiting supply to focus.

Pano roof is still being built, cos a number of those Style models have em.

Matrix leds are std on ST, but again might be prioritised to STs.

The other options I have seen on MK4.5s on autotrader. Incl HUD, parking pack, acc cruise etc.

So, is it wishful thinking that once they get a few screens in, we will all get what we ordered??

• Like 1

When there’s ££and€€ to be made they’ll pull out all the stops. No surprise there. Business is business 

12 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

When there’s ££and€€ to be made they’ll pull out all the stops. No surprise there. Business is business 

They have to do something, dealers & consumers are losing confidence. 

But its just not Ford, I've heard stories from employees at JLR & BMW - everything from horns & harnesses not being available. 

35 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

On a positive note / different way of looking at it.

Sync 4 is the main issue.

155 engines are avail on pumas, but you could argue they're being prioritised, limiting supply to focus.

Pano roof is still being built, cos a number of those Style models have em.

Matrix leds are std on ST, but again might be prioritised to STs.

The other options I have seen on MK4.5s on autotrader. Incl HUD, parking pack, acc cruise etc.

So, is it wishful thinking that once they get a few screens in, we will all get what we ordered??

I know JLR are prioritising their SVR cars above everything else... £££ will get priority. So i can imagine Ford will do the same. 

3 hours ago, SausagMan said:

I have reliably been informed that a large batch of Sync4s will be produced from next week, but this wont be continuous production of 4.5s with Sync4s - it will stop. Then at some point restart again. 

Sounds promising. Not sure it’s worth getting hopes up just yet but hopefully a few of those who ordered last year will start to get contact from dealers over the next week or so and Ford can start to clear this backlog!

30 minutes ago, Jibberish333 said:

Sounds promising. Not sure it’s worth getting hopes up just yet but hopefully a few of those who ordered last year will start to get contact from dealers over the next week or so and Ford can start to clear this backlog!

Yeah man, I can imagine a few lucky individuals will be getting a nice call or email in the coming weeks. 

Would love to see the order book, see how many motors are actually on order... 

• Like 1

Guys, we have a word in my country ,,let's not get drunk with cold water", or the english version let's not get intoxicated with empty words...

I personally think that Ford will only make a few cars with Sync 4, then stop again the production for a few weeks, then again..Also, the cars with Pixel LEDs, HUD, Parking package I think will suffer the most...I don't think my Titanium X will be build this year, but let's see.

14 hours ago, SausagMan said:

I hope so too mate. 

But, im thinking these cars are gonna be standard ones with Sync4. 

This info was from their bulletin last Friday, another bulletin will be supplied tomorrow from Ford. 

Let's hope we'll get some good news today... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chera said:

Let's not get drunk with cold water

Don't count your chickens till they hatch 😉

• Like 1

‘Uk car discount’ have focus’s with sync 4 , 155 stline Vignale various colours for October delivery….

strange that this company can get hold of them, with certainty of delivery, but most of us who are waiting for a similar spec are kept in the dark….

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shinetop said:

‘Uk car discount’ have focus’s with sync 4 , 155 stline Vignale various colours for October delivery….

strange that this company can get hold of them, with certainty of delivery, but most of us who are waiting for a similar spec are kept in the dark….

The optimist in me thinks this is a good sign since surely it means the rest of us will have their car by then.

The pessimist (or is that realist?) in me is using much harsher language.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wait and you will accomplish. 

I'm waiting since March with nothing more than a "after the summer" delivery date... 

Not to mention that i had asked for a build date estimate and again, still waiting😁

On 6/23/2022 at 7:25 PM, SausagMan said:

another bulletin will be supplied tomorrow from Ford. 

Any news about this? 

6 hours ago, tddif2000 said:

Wait and you will accomplish. 

I'm waiting since March with nothing more than a "after the summer" delivery date... 

Not to mention that i had asked for a build date estimate and again, still waiting😁

Try waiting since 2021 🤣

1 hour ago, Chera said:

Any news about this? 

Nothing Im afraid Chera, i did message my contact but no reply. I will message someone else now, see if they respond. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club