Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

17 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

July. Production has started.

I wonder how are dealers and Ford communicating in general. My dealer have no idea if and when the production should start and when I said to them, that I heard it has started just now, they kinda... laughed at me with disbelief... And of course for me the biggest question is at what point Ford will start to process newly placed orders...

28 minutes ago, StefanD said:

I wonder how are dealers and Ford communicating in general. My dealer have no idea if and when the production should start and when I said to them, that I heard it has started just now, they kinda... laughed at me with disbelief... And of course for me the biggest question is at what point Ford will start to process newly placed orders...

I am not sure where you are based, but in the UK the dealerships receive a Friday Bulletin, which informs them a whole plethora of information. 

3 hours ago, SausagMan said:

I am not sure where you are based, but in the UK the dealerships receive a Friday Bulletin, which informs them a whole plethora of information. 

I don't think my UK Ford dealer gets the bulletin 😭😭

5 minutes ago, Duke178 said:

I don't think my UK Ford dealer gets the bulletin 😭😭

I know two lads from two different dealerships, both of em usually quote me info from 'the bulletin'. 

My dads an ex employee and his newsletter usually has info too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have confirmed today production of Focus with Sync 4 is currently happening and there will be (at least) a couple of weeks of full production so I am informed.

However, sadly Fords way of clearing the backlog still seems to be downright stupid. I know of two orders built and gate released last week ordered in Jan/Feb 2022 but also multiple 2021 orders (some as far as 13 months back) that still have not been assigned build dates despite production having started 😡 

• Thanks 2

Yep 2021 order here and peeved off too lol

• Like 1

Just been told I'm now showing as August 🤣😭

What a load of rubbish (polite word) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theroninhunter said:

Just been told I'm now showing as August 🤣😭

What a load of rubbish (polite word) 

I am in same situation hopefully delivery by end of September. 

Lol, just heard that Range Rover are only giving one key with new purchases, the other key will be sent to the customer when available. Madness. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2022 at 4:45 PM, SausagMan said:

I know two lads from two different dealerships, both of em usually quote me info from 'the bulletin'. 

My dads an ex employee and his newsletter usually has info too. 

Just received an email from my dealership, Gates of Harlow.  I asked if they could tell me if my order from October last year was in production yet….  Their answer was,

I only receive notification when it is being delivered to the dealership.”.   

……so the suspense continues!  🤯

1 hour ago, Dave1703 said:

Just received an email from my dealership, Gates of Harlow.  I asked if they could tell me if my order from October last year was in production yet….  Their answer was,

I only receive notification when it is being delivered to the dealership.”.   

……so the suspense continues!  🤯

Honestly mate, these dealerships and salesman are just taking the urine now. 

I think a majority of them just don't care. 

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree… unfortunately, regardless of where your new car has been sourced, and increasingly this is online discount car brokers, we will need a network of franchises for after sales warranty issues etc.

most dealers who have showrooms, will need to be generating one hell of a weekly income just to pay their utilities bills! never mind the wages of a varied workforce!

Speaking as someone who has been shafted many times when buying from garages, most sales people are experts in manipulating your car purchase for their own ends. It’s as if they have all attended a ‘workshop’ given by Boris….

They need a majority of punters who just pay the asking price and all the add ons.. thinking that the salesman (or salesperson) is not just their new lifelong friend, but ‘family!’

How much longer this will be allowed to continue is uncertain in these strange times for the motor industry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SausagMan said:

Honestly mate, these dealerships and salesman are just taking the urine now. 

I think a majority of them just don't care. 

It gets worse with every message….  Message from dealership today:  delivery to them confirmed end of August.    Message from Ford today:  Build confirmed for September 2022.   
I get the impression that somebody is not telling the truth! 🤯 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shinetop said:

I wholeheartedly agree… unfortunately, regardless of where your new car has been sourced, and increasingly this is online discount car brokers, we will need a network of franchises for after sales warranty issues etc.

most dealers who have showrooms, will need to be generating one hell of a weekly income just to pay their utilities bills! never mind the wages of a varied workforce!

Speaking as someone who has been shafted many times when buying from garages, most sales people are experts in manipulating your car purchase for their own ends. It’s as if they have all attended a ‘workshop’ given by Boris….

They need a majority of punters who just pay the asking price and all the add ons.. thinking that the salesman (or salesperson) is not just their new lifelong friend, but ‘family!’

How much longer this will be allowed to continue is uncertain in these strange times for the motor industry.

I think the franchise / dealership model will slowly get wrung out & we will just flagship showrooms or what Genesis are doing - a load of business managers who come to your home etc. 

I have to admit my Ford dealership i have been dealing with have been pretty decent, however the Land Rover one i am dealing with for my other car have been absolute d*ckheads. 

54 minutes ago, Dave1703 said:

It gets worse with every message….  Message from dealership today:  delivery to them confirmed end of August.    Message from Ford today:  Build confirmed for September 2022.   
I get the impression that somebody is not telling the truth! 🤯 

Lol, well at least you know you will have a new motor come October. 

They need to have the online model for manufacturing progress like they do on the mustang mach e. 

This would bring so much transparency. 

• Like 2

I don’t want to add to your concerns but I read this today, it’s a motability customer comment…..

“Just a heads up to anyone whom has ordered the Ford Fiesta (st line vignale) or any other spec, I ordered mine September 2021 and have just had a call to say they are unable to fulfill the order and as such have canceled the order ….. 
I asked if this was going to be just my order or all the orders for the fiesta and was told he couldn’t talk about other people but that he has had to make a few calls today to cancel orders, so anyone with this order may want to call the dealer to check.”

Could be it’s just motability customers as private buyers seem to be getting prioritised over fleets. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I don’t want to add to your concerns but I read this today, it’s a motability customer comment…..

“Just a heads up to anyone whom has ordered the Ford Fiesta (st line vignale) or any other spec, I ordered mine September 2021 and have just had a call to say they are unable to fulfill the order and as such have canceled the order ….. 
I asked if this was going to be just my order or all the orders for the fiesta and was told he couldn’t talk about other people but that he has had to make a few calls today to cancel orders, so anyone with this order may want to call the dealer to check.”

Could be it’s just motability customers as private buyers seem to be getting prioritised over fleets. 🤷‍♂️ 

Oh dear very worrying, especially for motarbillity customers who need their cars to get around.  Ford get paid for all they sell, so it shouldn't make any difference, but clearly it does.  As you all have said nothing makes sense when it comes to Ford.

Got an update on my (November 2021) order today and as expected when I was given a build date of July, as long as it hits July it changes. Now showing September. I wonder if I’d get away with that when it comes to paying, just say “I’ll have it next month” every time.

They really could do with being a lot more transparent or at least apologetic. If I’d known the wait from the initial projected build date was going to be 6 months I could’ve considered my options but I suppose that’s why they didn’t do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Duke178 said:

Oh dear very worrying, especially for motarbillity customers who need their cars to get around.  Ford get paid for all they sell, so it shouldn't make any difference, but clearly it does.  As you all have said nothing makes sense when it comes to Ford.

I agree , a customers a customer surely . It’s people that are new to the scheme are left without wheels, otherwise they extend leases to cover lead times. Hyundai/Kia had the best lead times but even they are now 6 months to a year. Although I’ve heard of ppl ordering one week and taking delivery just a few weeks later! Best of luck to all on this thread waiting , if the focus 155 mh is as good as my STLX you won’t be disappointed. 
Actually MG I’d say did best out of the pandemic, offloaded a lot of stock manufactured before the chip shortage, that’s dried up now too not that I’d buy one . 

• Like 1

Ford get paid less for Motability orders.

I know it seems bad it's basic economics rather than discrimination or anything.  Ford make more money selling privately, so why shouldn't they prioritise those orders in a financial crisis?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Ford get paid less for Motability orders.

I know it seems bad it's basic economics rather than discrimination or anything.  Ford make more money selling privately, so why shouldn't they prioritise those orders in a financial crisis?

Didn’t think it was discrimination Tom, I thought maybe fleet cars weren’t as important to Ford as private buyers. Obviously all about money. About ford making more money from private buyers  I saw the paperwork for mine , it was the full RRP afaik . 

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Didn’t think it was discrimination Tom, I thought maybe fleet cars weren’t as important to Ford as private buyers. Obviously all about money. About ford making more money from private buyers  I saw the paperwork for mine , it was the full RRP afaik . 

The whole wear and tear repairs and servicing etc must complicate the deals mb have with manufacturers. I don’t know the ins and outs of it. 

There was along thread about it on the Motability forum a few months ago. 

The dealerships (and in turn sales people) get a much smaller cut from Motability sales than private sales.  They also can't upsell thier own finance and insurances etc.  Motability sales also don't count towards targets with some manufacturers, and those targets are used to work out bonuses.  It's much more complicated than it first seems!

Servicing is also subsidised, so they don't make so much money there either, but that's a separate department from sales so not relevant to this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

There was along thread about it on the Motability forum a few months ago. 

The dealerships (and in turn sales people) get a much smaller cut from Motability sales than private sales.  They also can't upsell thier own finance and insurances etc.  Motability sales also don't count towards targets with some manufacturers, and those targets are used to work out bonuses.  It's much more complicated than it first seems!

Servicing is also subsidised, so they don't make so much money there either, but that's a separate department from sales so not relevant to this.

I think you are right Tom, dealerships & Ford, will cancel / delay sales that dont give them margin. Its a dog eat dog World out there at the minute. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

I think you are right Tom, dealerships & Ford, will cancel / delay sales that dont give them margin. Its a dog eat dog World out there at the minute. 

I wonder if that’s what’s causing the 2021 orders not to be prioritised? Since they’ve taken the Focus off the site I can’t comment on more recent prices of it but other cars seem to be more expensive now so I wonder if they’re hoping people who got a better deal will just cancel their order the more it gets delayed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club