Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

4 hours ago, theroninhunter said:

Just been told by my dealer that my car is currently being built and in the resegmentation stage,  planned completly built stage is 02nd September

Hello Ronin, thanks for the update.  This seems to go against other information in the forum which says production is on break until end of August. 

4 hours ago, theroninhunter said:

Just been told by my dealer that my car is currently being built and in the resegmentation stage,  planned completly built stage is 02nd September

Great news mate, I assume "resegmentation stage" means they have picked the parts and are ready to build??

3 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Hello Ronin, thanks for the update.  This seems to go against other information in the forum which says production is on break until end of August. 

I believe shut down is until Mon 29th, so this would give them 5 days to build.  It may have moved to "resegmentation stage" just before shut down maybe..

12 minutes ago, Carsey said:

I believe shut down is until Mon 29th, so this would give them 5 days to build.  It may have moved to "resegmentation stage" just before shut down maybe..

Maybe, but again I think this shows the mixed messages from Ford &  the dealerships. 

The person who this is affecting the most is us, the customer. 

• Like 2

I was under the impression that re-segmentation meant they were ready to build it but there are parts missing.  My Fiesta was apparently in re-segmentation around May, then told the spec had changed! 

Re-segmentation means that some parts didn't arrive or weren't ready and so it has gone back a step ready to be allocated new parts.

• Like 3

Hi guys, had the dealer call today about a focus st line vignale that’s become free. My contract was for a st line magnetic not vignale around £280 a month this is taking into account my trade in of £2000 toward the car a £1000 upfront. He’s offered this st line vignale in blue for £420 a month, surely this isn’t right ? 

39 minutes ago, Kris147258 said:

Hi guys, had the dealer call today about a focus st line vignale that’s become free. My contract was for a st line magnetic not vignale around £280 a month this is taking into account my trade in of £2000 toward the car a £1000 upfront. He’s offered this st line vignale in blue for £420 a month, surely this isn’t right ? 

Must be a different finance deal & change in car price. 

8 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Must be a different finance deal & change in car price. 

Yeah I got my deal set up January 2022, what would you say Is a reasonable price for a st line vignale ? Per month I mean

31 minutes ago, Kris147258 said:

Yeah I got my deal set up January 2022, what would you say Is a reasonable price for a st line vignale ? Per month I mean

Its all about the deposit, how much are you putting down?  

8 minutes ago, SausagMan said:

Its all about the deposit, how much are you putting down?  

So £1200 from my trade in I’m in positive equity then £1000 up front 

I have ordered Focus Titanium 155 hp with some add ons in June this year and just received info that it will be produced end of September.

The thing is that they have created a special version called SIP which is sold with Sync 3 system (and older dashboard) instead of Sync 4. As a compensation, they have thrown in key free access and some other stuff.

My dealer said that cars with Sync 3 are produced quite quickly but the cars with Sync 4 have to wait because there is a shortage of some parts required for this system.

Since most of you have st line sold only with Sync 4, this might be the main cause of the delays.

I really like sync 4 and kind of regret i won't be getting it, but I can live with it I guess:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kris147258 said:

So £1200 from my trade in I’m in positive equity then £1000 up front 

Maybe sub £300 if the interest rate is in you favour... Others may have a better idea, as I've gone for a higher deposit and lower monthly. 

15 minutes ago, Kokos00 said:

I have ordered Focus Titanium 155 hp with some add ons in June this year and just received info that it will be produced end of September.

The thing is that they have created a special version called SIP which is sold with Sync 3 system (and older dashboard) instead of Sync 4. As a compensation, they have thrown in key free access and some other stuff.

My dealer said that cars with Sync 3 are produced quite quickly but the cars with Sync 4 have to wait because there is a shortage of some parts required for this system.

Since most of you have st line sold only with Sync 4, this might be the main cause of the delays.

I really like sync 4 and kind of regret i won't be getting it, but I can live with it I guess:)

Hi there ✌🏻

Do you know what SIP stand for?

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Raaaymii said:

Hi there ✌🏻

Cheers

Unfortunately not but you can see them being sold across the Europe already. It's like this one for example - https://www.webcar.eu/eu-en/vehicle/ford-focus-active-style-mhev-led-pdc-dab-winter-paket-2022-petrol-manual-gear-JnL3koa8hVd

It's a new focus but with Sync 3 (check the photos of the interior)

12 minutes ago, Kokos00 said:

I think generally you’re probably on the button, but I have seen some sync 4 equipped non - STlineVignales. I shave previously posted that, with suitable meaningful contact, and the opportunity to ‘modify’ our ordered cars, with some compromises on our behalf in order to guarantee an early build and delivery, we may jump at the chance. Someone will know for sure whether Ford have sufficient parts, indeed the will to prioritise orders made 7/9 months ago….

just an aside, I spoke to 5 non Ford dealerships about chances of delivery of any new car , the reality is that even  cars previously thought largely better able to get semi conductors, are stating 6 to 9 months and some 12 months!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

I think generally you’re probably on the button, but I have seen some sync 4 equipped non - STlineVignales. 

Those might be cars produced early this year. When I was making the order in June, the dealer has just received the information about stopping all sync 4 car orders and they offered me the SIP version. So at that time, it was a fresh information from Ford

27 minutes ago, Raaaymii said:

Hi there ✌🏻

Cheers

I know other manufacturers have 'WIP'  cars which stands for 'work in progress', these are as the acronym suggests unfinished cars.  

6 minutes ago, Shinetop said:

SIP Side impact protection?

Sports inspired performance?

I'd say none of this. SIP is just new focus with Sync 3 instead of 4. They had to use old dashboard for that too.

So my best guess would be something like S for substitute and P for production. I don't know what I stands for 

Standard Infotainment Panel?

Substitute Infotainment Panel?!

• Like 2

Still In Progress

System Integration Plan

Self Inspection Plan

Stream Inspection Program

I do like Substitute Infotainment Panel though Steve (Shinetop)

• Like 2

Anyone know much about traffic sign recognition?

I like the idea of the intelligent speed limiter, and all focus models come with that as standard. But you have to go for driver assist package to get the tsr.

I thought the intelligent speed limiter needed tsr to actually work. 

Have looked at the cars online, and there's some with the speed limit displayed in the cluster, implying it has traffic sign recognition, but there's no adaptive cruise button on the steering wheel. (Adaptive cruise button indicative of the car having the driver assist package.)

Got myself confused. Any ideas?

17 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

Anyone know much about traffic sign recognition?

I like the idea of the intelligent speed limiter, and all focus models come with that as standard. But you have to go for driver assist package to get the tsr.

I thought the intelligent speed limiter needed tsr to actually work. 

Have looked at the cars online, and there's some with the speed limit displayed in the cluster, implying it has traffic sign recognition, but there's no adaptive cruise button on the steering wheel. (Adaptive cruise button indicative of the car having the driver assist package.)

Got myself confused. Any ideas?

I’ve got speed limit displayed but not got sign recognition. Adaptive cruise control (I’ve also not got) is from a radar on the front grille. I think the sign recognition must be from the camera on the windscreen. Not sure 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kris147258 said:

Doesnt seem too unrealistic.

£420 x 38 month PCP = £15,960

Plus £3,000 down = £18,960

Final payment c£13k ish maybe?

On the road price starts at circa £28k for st line vignale, so not a million miles off once you factor in interest and optional extras

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club