Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

28 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

Hi ronin, 

No you can't unfortunately.

My Mrs has the puma, and there's no way of activating it. Forscan only.

My current VAG car has enabled by default.

The argument for is, its more secure against car jacking and the like.

The argument against is, if you have an incident, the emergency services cannot open the doors from the outside.

While the doors automatically unlock in the event of Airbags firing, I guess ford's thinking was to protect customers that don't have a severe enough crash to fire the bags, but emergency services need to get to you.

I'd say, that your at more risk of having your car nicked, so I personally think it's a bit stupid. 

Or give users the choice. I know what I'm going in forscan but I always have that second doubt before commiting the hex change

If you wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers, I would appreciate it.

I have a bit of experience of forscan for dtc reads and pid reads etc, but not config changes 

Go to BCM and there is a field that mention the lock by speed or something like that. 

Auto drive away locking is enabled in the BCM. There is also the option to add auto-relock (which means the doors will 'auto lock' after you perhaps stop to let someone get out). You can also for convenience add the option of the auto locking to your instrument cluster menu.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:27 PM, DaveT70 said:

You don't need any files just go into BCMii central configuration and select auto locking and enable then write.

Do the same in IPC if you want to be able to turn it on/off in the cluster menu

15 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

If you wouldn't mind giving me a few pointers, I would appreciate it.

I have a bit of experience of forscan for dtc reads and pid reads etc, but not config changes 

Anything in particular? What settings are you trying to open? 

I'd like the auto lock only really.

The ability to switch it off in the cluster, I'm not bothered about.

33 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

I'd like the auto lock only really.

The ability to switch it off in the cluster, I'm not bothered about.

OK, when I get my car I'll post some steps/screenshots

• Thanks 1

Picked this morning.

Seats more comfy than active x.

Blue screen thought it may be annoying but its great.

Overall very happy

20220910_112124_HDR~2.jpg

20220910_112148_HDR~2.jpg

20220910_112138_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, D-Day said:

Picked this morning.

Seats more comfy than active x.

Blue screen thought it may be annoying but its great.

Overall very happy

20220910_112124_HDR~2.jpg

20220910_112148_HDR~2.jpg

20220910_112138_HDR.jpg

Looking good and only had to wait 12 months...

• Haha 1

It's a gorgeous blue ennit.

Hope you enjoy.

What do you reckon to the 155? Good?

2 minutes ago, Plimp92 said:

It's a gorgeous blue ennit.

Hope you enjoy.

What do you reckon to the 155? Good?

Yep, decided to stick with it. Only had a quick run out today but seems good. I had the 1.5 182 before so it's obviously a bit down on power but still pretty quick. Handles well even allowing for the change in rear suspension setup.

Nice one. I would have chosen the 182 if still avail, but the 155 is a great engine. Surprising amount of go in gear.

You can feel the electric assist too.

Clever.

Remember the 1990s when if you told someone you had a 1.0l, they'd have laughed at you, while driving their 2.0l with 130bhp

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Plimp92 said:

Nice one. I would have chosen the 182 if still avail, but the 155 is a great engine. Surprising amount of go in gear.

You can feel the electric assist too.

Clever.

Remember the 1990s when if you told someone you had a 1.0l, they'd have laughed at you, while driving their 2.0l with 130bhp

My mk1 was a 2.0l, great car but yeah around 130bhp! Will be interesting to see fuel economy, I got just over 39mpg with my 1.5

15 minutes ago, Al1966 said:

My mk1 was a 2.0l, great car but yeah around 130bhp! Will be interesting to see fuel economy, I got just over 39mpg with my 1.5

I have done a trip to pick up mine over 200 miles 20reg 1.0 125 bhp hatch returned 55 mpg.

On the way back the new one 155 mhev estate same road, distance returned 46.5 mpg.

• Like 1

When i picked mine it was 86l/km,imagine what did they do with it. Now it's 6.8l/km, good but far from my tdci 5.4l.

57 minutes ago, tddif2000 said:

When i picked mine it was 86l/km,imagine what did they do with it. Now it's 6.8l/km, good but far from my tdci 5.4l.

UK members trying to work out if that's good or not... :laugh: 

Spongebob confused face Memes - Imgflip

• Haha 5

You are so right Tom !

I just can't get my head around the very weird way the quote the litres per km.

So he uses 6.8 litre (approx 1.5 imperial gallon) to drive 1km ?  6.8L/km

but 1km is only 1000 metres (just under two thirds of a mile).

Clearly I'm not getting my head around this metric system as by my understanding (misunderstanding) the poor guy is only getting 0.5 MPG

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, unofix said:

You are so right Tom !

I just can't get my head around the very weird way the quote the litres per km.

So he uses 6.8 litre (approx 1.5 imperial gallon) to drive 1km ?  6.8L/km

but 1km is only 1000 metres (just under two thirds of a mile).

Clearly I'm not getting my head around this metric system as by my understanding (misunderstanding) the poor guy is only getting 0.5 MPG

Lol, it's actually measured as litres per 100km...but that gets a bit long to write each time! :laugh:   The alternative would be writing the litres as a decimal, but 0.068 l/km starts getting a bit ridiculous as well.  It's about 41.5 English MPG! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tddif2000 said:

This will come down as the engine settles. My best with my 1.0 125 HP engine I achieved was 5l/100km. 

These things can get super efficient

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, it's actually measured as litres per 100km...but that gets a bit long to write each time! :laugh:   The alternative would be writing the litres as a decimal, but 0.068 l/km starts getting a bit ridiculous as well.  It's about 41.5 English MPG! :biggrin:

Also take in to account when it is leaving the factory, getting loaded on to trains / trucks etc it has probably stood on tick over for periods of time reducing fuel figures..

Just been told my order has now been pushed back again to an estimated delivery date to dealer of January 2023. I ordered in February this year. It's an ST-line with ST-line design pack. Gutted as I was hopeful of the November date I had received last month. So, I have asked them if I can change it to an ST-line Vignale instead. They said I won't be able to keep the same percentage discount if I do change the trim, but will get back to me with a price 😞

• Sad 3

New update from my dealer, not that he would bother but I keep pressing him every few days 🙂, my status has changed to manufacturing.

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club