Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

How are everyone else's orders coming along? 
I'm seeing a fair few appearing now, especially those ordered before the factory shutdown early this year (and a few mid year). 
Any ordered in the last 2-3months have any news on theirs? If so what kind of trim/spec?

I ordered an ST (Green, Manual, Estate) on Friday 23rd September (10 weeks ago this Friday) and I haven't heard a peep! Dropped my guy at the dealership an email 2 weeks ago, and left a VM, but he seems to be ghosting me 🤨 I'm more curious of other orders and there progress, but also want to make sure mine was correctly submitted and has been picked up etc (Yes, I know, I'm paranoid, but this kind of s**t happens to me!). 

Thankfully I love my current ST, and in a way I kind of don't want a new one 🙈 but she's 7 years old now and ready for a change!

I have had the Titanium X 1.0 125mhev for almost 3 months and compared to my dad's old MK4, I can see that a lot of cost-cutting was made...

1) Keyless entry on the back seats is gone, and this is really a bad thing since Ford doesn't have the ability to unlock/lock the car when you're near the car/when you're going away

2) On the driver's side there is no coin pocket present anymore

3) On the passenger side, the rugs are not able anymore to be fitted into the special holes, you just place the rug where you want and that's it, and also there is a hole there, and gives you the sentiment that the car it's not properly polished.....

4) The climate control on the sync 4 tablet it's really annoying, they should've kept the buttons since there is plenty of space for this, but again, cost-cutting it's the new norm today...

5) Wireless charging it's useless, the phone it's discharging rather than charging and it's overheating a lot...

6) The digital dash sometimes it's stuck, it's not answering driver commands, if you have some turning indications from the Waze or car navigation, those indications are stuck on the dash and the solution it's to try to access the dash settings and the dash will come back to life

7) The Continental EcoContact6 are some bad tires, when it's slippery outside, you need to be really careful

😎 B&O sound system it's not that great, the rear Speakers are not even audible even if I set the balance to the back of the car, back subwoofer it's also not present and that's a shame...

Now the positives:

1) Compared to the old 1.0 100hp the car it's more silent and has a little bit more power, and you don't feel when you reach a certain speed, and I think this is due to the fact that the car has good noise isolation

2) Fuel consumption it's OK, similar to the old MK4, I don't see an improvement here for the MHEV system, only the fact that when you're at a red light and you start the engine, you'll not feel anymore the shock created by the engine startup.

3) Driving feeling it's amazing, I feel really bad that this car would be discontinued in 2025, I would purchase a new MK5 for my future family in 5 years if this car would be available again, but boring and not environmentally friendly electric cars are pushed more and more...

4) Pixel LEDs are great when driving at night, but on the left side the visibility it's a little bit too low compared to the right side where you see everything...

5) Car paint resists a dirty environment if you put some wax on the body of the car, I have chosen the gtechniq crystal serum ultra + hydrophobic treatment for the windows and it's amazing

Good luck waiting for your cars guys, I hope the waiting will be low for you, I have waited 7 months for this beauty.

• Like 1

Thanks for the detailed review Chera.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the HVAC controls in the screen.

Why you ask?

Cos I currently drive a 2020 Leon (golf mk8 basis) and we all know about the hvac controls in those.

Total rubbish. Sliders and not back-lit at night just stupid. 

Vw were at the cost cutting too!!!

10 hours ago, Coley666 said:

holy smoking balls! Love it man! 😍 So excited for you! 🤩
Where are you based? (I'm UK, Derbyshire) Who's detailing? (I've been recommended a guy in Ripley, I'll be having full paint correction/ceramic)

Thanks Bro. 

I am picking mine up from London way, so sourced a detailer from there. But, will be driving back up to the Midlands. 

I was advised to get the ceramic and paint correction done before it gets any miles put on it. 

I will be sure to leave a review on the forum once i have driven it, seems to be quite a mixed bag, especially in terms of the cost cutting etc. 

10 hours ago, Coley666 said:

I'm seeing a fair few appearing now, especially those ordered before the factory shutdown early this year (and a few mid year). 
Any ordered in the last 2-3months have any news on theirs? If so what kind of trim/spec?

I ordered an ST (Green, Manual, Estate) on Friday 23rd September (10 weeks ago this Friday) and I haven't heard a peep! Dropped my guy at the dealership an email 2 weeks ago, and left a VM, but he seems to be ghosting me 🤨 I'm more curious of other orders and there progress, but also want to make sure mine was correctly submitted and has been picked up etc (Yes, I know, I'm paranoid, but this kind of s**t happens to me!). 

Thankfully I love my current ST, and in a way I kind of don't want a new one 🙈 but she's 7 years old now and ready for a change!

There was this file to keep track of orders / builds / shipping 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USCX7ScDGglS8pfKEJYLNDEoUxvci7D0zPKBWL44ZLQ/edit#gid=0

it hasn't been updated for a while though

11 hours ago, Coley666 said:

I still don't have a concrete build date apart from a vague Dec '22 or Jan '23, after 10 months of waiting already. 🥲

1 hour ago, Lou013 said:

There was this file to keep track of orders / builds / shipping 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USCX7ScDGglS8pfKEJYLNDEoUxvci7D0zPKBWL44ZLQ/edit#gid=0

it hasn't been updated for a while though

Hi Lou,

Yeah conscious this hasn't been looked at for a while, but the original purpose was to see if there was any significant difference in delivery times for different specs, and to allow people to gauge from that how long each individual would have to wait.

As it turned out, there seemed to be no identifiable patterns, and it was all a bit of a lottery. I.e., yer car gets built when it gets built.

I will go in and put my latest status in though, and feel free to do the same. 

If there's any interest in refreshing this, I can post a copy up when / if people want to go in and update it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

Why you ask?

Cos I currently drive a 2020 Leon (golf mk8 basis) and we all know about the hvac controls in those.

Compared to VW group controls, yeah, the Ford ones are indeed better

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chera said:

4) Pixel LEDs are great when driving at night, but on the left side the visibility it's a little bit too low compared to the right side where you see everything...

This is usually the case since we are driving on the right side of the road. Unless it's an extreme case, I don't think this is an issue. Do you have any photos that show this behavior?

5 hours ago, Chera said:

😎 B&O sound system it's not that great, the rear speakers are not even audible even if I set the balance to the back of the car, back subwoofer it's also not present and that's a shame...

You mean that the subwoofer in the trunk is not present at all or that it's not that "powerful"?

19 hours ago, SausagMan said:

The Beast is on British shores!! Tuesday collection arranged, a 3rd party will be detailing it on Monday. 

PHOTO-2022-11-30-10-41-41.jpg

Looks awesome mate, well worth the wait..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Coley666 said:

As previously mentioned, I ordered a ST when the books were closed in May 22, then had to place a new order on 24/10/22 to upgrade to the track pack. 

I have been updated saying build in Jan 23 and eta to dealer March but no exact dates as yet..

Which isn't too bad as when I ordered the original in May 22 they said it would probably be March 23 when I saw it..  So I was always planning on March.

Just had another update.

Dealer is now saying it is showing as eta to dealer week ending 11/02/23.  Still hasn't given the scheduled build date though.

He says it has a chassis number (which I have asked for), will ETIS show build date etc..?

So I just took a call from my guy at the dealership and he couldn't apologise enough. Said he genuinely thought he replied to me 2 weeks ago (at that point he knew nothing at all!) But the email was sat in his outbox! 

However! 😏

Turns out 2 weeks he did know nothing, but he checked today and my car is sat in Dagenham with estimated delivery to him by week ending 18th December! 🤩

There's a 50/50 chance I'll have it in time for Christmas! 🙈 

Stay positive guys! He said Ford really seem to be pushing out the cars to hit their sale targets by end of year. I guess there was a HUGE slump in sales due to the war in Ukraine! 

They definitely are coming through, although he did mention that a lot seems to be engine depending! 1.0l petrol engines are taking longer, likely due to waiting on parts and that they are the most common engine. In his dealership these are definitely taking the longest!

All being well, one Mean Green ST Estate, Manual gearbox, hopefully here by Christmas 😁

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coley666 said:

So I just took a call from my guy at the dealership and he couldn't apologise enough. Said he genuinely thought he replied to me 2 weeks ago (at that point he knew nothing at all!) But the email was sat in his outbox! 

However! 😏

Turns out 2 weeks he did know nothing, but he checked today and my car is sat in Dagenham with estimated delivery to him by week ending 18th December! 🤩

There's a 50/50 chance I'll have it in time for Christmas! 🙈 

Stay positive guys! He said Ford really seem to be pushing out the cars to hit their sale targets by end of year. I guess there was a HUGE slump in sales due to the war in Ukraine! 

They definitely are coming through, although he did mention that a lot seems to be engine depending! 1.0l petrol engines are taking longer, likely due to waiting on parts and that they are the most common engine. In his dealership these are definitely taking the longest!

All being well, one Mean Green ST Estate, Manual gearbox, hopefully here by Christmas 😁

Wow, that's great news mate, didn't expect it to be that quick..

26 minutes ago, Carsey said:

Wow, that's great news mate, didn't expect it to be that quick..

Me neither! I'm still shaking with excitement and genuine surprise/shock!

Hopefully yours gets pushed along a little as well. If mine is anything to go by then should hopefully be by the end of Jan 🤞

Great news that is, and yes thought they might be keen to get em out before Xmas. That gives me hope......

Anyone with a manual fancy doing a little test for me?

Aim is to work out if the electric parking brake applies automatically on turning the ignition off?

Some have said on other threads that it only does this when you have activated the auto hold feature. So it would be good to know if it does it when autohold is disabled.

46 minutes ago, Coley666 said:

Me neither! I'm still shaking with excitement and genuine surprise/shock!

Hopefully yours gets pushed along a little as well. If mine is anything to go by then should hopefully be by the end of Jan 🤞

Not too fused mate, if its gonna be into next year will probably wait for the new 23 reg in March..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cnikolakakis said:

This is usually the case since we are driving on the right side of the road. Unless it's an extreme case, I don't think this is an issue. Do you have any photos that show this behavior?

You mean that the subwoofer in the trunk is not present at all or that it's not that "powerful"?

I'm on the left side, I'm from Romania so it should be OK visibility wise. Once I'll drive in the night I'll make a photo 🙂

The woofer it's not powerful at all, it can't be heard in any kind of music, so idk if it's useless or not... 

50 minutes ago, Chera said:

I'm on the left side, I'm from Romania so it should be OK visibility wise. Once I'll drive in the night I'll make a photo 🙂

The woofer it's not powerful at all, it can't be heard in any kind of music, so idk if it's useless or not... 

Yeah, I meant on the right side of the road so Left Hand drive - the same as what you said. Still, I think it's the norm that they shine like that so that ditches and other stuff are better illuminated.

As for the woofer, I don't think that you should hear a lot from it as it provides the low end. In your case, doesn't it provide any bass at all, did you fiddle around with the settings to see if that would help? I tested the B&O in a Puma a couple of weeks back and I could definitely hear it and also the surround sound was decent when I enabled it. I could definitely hear the change in sound.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:37 PM, IL Dotore said:

From where did you get the tray part and also the documents enclosure you have there? (none of these came standard on my Focus any more)

Both From eBay would you believe. Came like brand new. 
just can’t believe Ford didn’t put one in.

it would have cost them pence when mass producing them.

im happy now Ive got one as it finishes of the Glove box

DC6CB245-D375-4169-A7F9-25875A1E9D7E.jpeg

AD922760-4DC4-464A-97DE-535AD03C078F.jpeg

On 11/29/2022 at 5:27 PM, adam2231 said:

Yeah I was wondering if it was just mine that didn't come these covers. How much would that have costed Ford to produce? 5 cents each?

I’ve ordered 4. Are you ready for the isofix cover price. 
£27 and a few pence.

🥺

that’s how Ford are making the money. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Plimp92 said:

Why you ask?

I’m actually impressed with the Sync 4 HVAC system.  It’s clear and responsive and always there at the bottom of the screen.  Also voice commands actually work very well to.

once you get used to it, it’s really easy and it’s at perfect eye level too.

no looking down. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club