Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

Even the mk3,5 as all the things mentioned, place to glasses, the extra space, 4 door opening, engine cover, and the door handles from the outside doesn't feel cheapy when we open the door. I go open the door from my other mk3,5 just to feel a proper door weigth In the hand. In the other and i love the sound of the doors closing In the mk4,5, very similar to a 1995 Mercedes C classe from my past, that dry clap is great.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevie H79 said:I've had my Titanium vignale now for about 10 weeks and a few differences between the mk4.5 & my previous mk4 I've noticed, there has been some cost cutting by Ford that's been mentioned in several earlier posts. 

Other points - as much as I love the big screen it would be nice to be able to switch it off, the last focus had a button that turned the screen off. I drive at night a lot and preffered the dark cabin. Also there's always 2 functions displayed nav+phone, nav+music, music+phone I'd like to be able to dedicate the whole screen to just 1 function. 

Drive modes - it would be better if the car remained in the same drive mode as the last time the engine was running. Instead having to select Eco or sport on startup every time. My wife's fiesta does. 

I'm sure an update from Ford would/could address these points. 

I've seen some posts mentioning the subwoofer, are they fitted or not? I've not seen one in mine however I did see the amp under the boot floor. Mine does have a decent sound and I tend to err on the side of clarity rather than volume. 

I do love the car but a few tweaks and extra details and it could have been something really special. 

I will say though then design is a handsomer car, the drive is quiet and smooth. I'm enjoying regular 51+ mpg on a just daily commute. It's doing an airport run next week and it'll be interesting to see the fuel return with 4 people and a couple of suitcases on a long motorway run. 

I’m afraid the drive mode will always return back to Normal.  
This is how it’s always been programmed to always return.

As far as I’m aware, there are no changes in the pipeline to allow it to stay on what you choose.

There were talks to move newer cars to Eco as the primary option. Not heard any more on this though

Going forward, speed limiters for the streets your on will also be applied and will always return on even after you switch it off after a restart of the engine  

so in a 40, the car will only do 40, you have to push hard on the pedal to override the limiter and will receive a bunch of warnings too.

new EU law that came into force this year and U.K. adopted later.

it only applies to new cars that are in the pipeline to my knowledge and not existing ones  

7 hours ago, Stevie H79 said:

I had a MK4 and all of those were present and it was just a titanium. I now have titanium vignale with less features. It had glasses holder but without the pano roof. It had 4-door keyless, the glove box separator and paperwork, engine cover and the small storage under the light controls. I understand the economic situation has meant that all car manufacturers are cutting costs but they're not passing the savings onto customers. Apart from the bigger screen and digital cluster my 2018 lower trim was better equipped. The sad truth of modern progress unfortunately 

I had the Titanium X my 4 20 plate and never had 4 door keyless. even my titanium my 3.5 didn’t have 4 door keyless.
I’ve only even know it on 2 front doors.

I do agree with the sunglasses holder being took, that is penny pinching in my eyes.

The little storage box near the light controls I don’t miss, my last 2 cars used to rattle and I was forever putting sponge in the to stop them rattling when closed. Nothing was in them, they just never closed with a sealed closure.  So I don’t miss it at all.

I do however still love my car.  The doors shut much better with a thud. And the car does feel more solid to me.

so it loosing the sunglasses holder and little storage box, does that make the Focus sound strong and more screwed together.  Very strange indeed. 

My current MK4 has the digital dash. It has no engine cover, no Isofix covers, no sunglasses storage, lock buttons on front doors only.

On a more exciting note, My ST Line Vignale is getting delivered to my house on Wednesday at 2pm 😍

• Like 4

Never heard mk3,5 without the 4 door unlock, If fitted of course. Another diference, In the mk3,5 i can close the windows in the handle and In the mk4,5 dont. Its all details but since they already know how to do it and fitted In the early model, people o buy the next model probably dont think that those things will no longer be present. I like my car and all that but If i saw one before maybe i consideres keeping my mk3,5 instead. 

Hi all, new to the forum. Still waiting for my new focus st-line to arrive. Ordered back in November 2021 and been given multiple build dates throughout the year & 2 months I've been waiting.

Doesn’t seem to be an end in sight, be told there are delays with the sync 4 module for my order

Have others been told the same or other delays affecting their orders?

15 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

Going forward, speed limiters for the streets your on will also be applied and will always return on even after you switch it off after a restart of the engine  

so in a 40, the car will only do 40, you have to push hard on the pedal to override the limiter and will receive a bunch of warnings too.

new EU law that came into force this year and U.K. adopted later.

it only applies to new cars that are in the pipeline to my knowledge and not existing ones  

Any idea when this will start to be fitted on UK cars?  My ST has just been built and I hope to god it aint got that fitted..

The European Commission has reached a provisional agreement that all new vehicles sold in Europe will be fitted with a speed limiter as a legal requirement from 6 July 2022. The 2019/2044 regulation also mandates all new cars that have already launched be fitted with an Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) by 7 July 2024.

As the focus launched in 2018, they won't have the mandatory speed limiter until 2024.

I.e. the 2022 rule only applies to brand new models launched after that date. The current focus 4.5 is only a mid cycle fresh on an existing model, so not a new launch.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can't see there being another Focus tbh. Think the 4.5 might be the last one 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

Yep.

It's going in 2025.

So it'll have ISL for one year.

This should be simple for ford to implement as it already has isl, it's just defaulted to off, and you have to press the button on the steering wheel to activate (and have intelligent mode activated in the menu.)

Ford will "just" have to change it so its default on, and then you will be able to use the switch to turn it off. But you'll need to do that every drive cycle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

And all that rules just applies to new homologation models, since the focus homologation comes from the mk3 we can all sleep happy. And If the intelligent speed assit is dumb as a rock i can only imagine the ammount of crashes that will produce. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tddif2000 said:

intelligent speed assit is dumb as a rock i can only imagine the ammount of crashes that will produce. 

I can so see this happening. I know I'll turn on my car, forget to turn it off one day, try to go with an overtake and bam. Hit with the limiter, car on the side of the road approaching and what would've been an easy and safe overtake has become dangerous.

Hopefully garages can turn it off permanently via the software so no one has to bother with it.

Finally good news on my ST line Vignale 155 Auto with parking pack in Fantastic Red, ordered 3rd February 2022, built 23rd September but assembly off line, missing parts now fitted and due to dealer late January, Early February, they will hold it for new registration, they have been brilliant since I ordered it, giving me free MOT and service on my Focus and honouring the original part exchange deal. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 4:32 PM, Plimp92 said:

So chuffed today all, and I thought I'd post this for others suffering b&o speaker rattles, albeit yours might be different, but thought it might be useful.

Having heard the rattle with certain songs at vol 20, I thought it was coming from the passenger side seat belt mount area.

I tried prodding and pressing various areas around there, and realised a very gentle push on the door card itself where the red reflector is stopped the noise.

Pried the door card away slightly today, and placed some 4mm felt in between the door card and the metal of the door.

Fixed.

No rattles at all now.

Chuffed. 

Hope this helps someone else.

That shows the overall quality. This is why when temps will reach 25'C I will do a full sound proofing myself, including full 3 layers and also tape for the door plastic edges.

You should try that tape too, I bought: STP MADELINE ANTI SQUEAK TAPE 

But it's required to remove the entire plastic door cover. (see ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlDGNXNtB40  - add https as I did not want to embed the link into the forum web page

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2023 at 7:15 AM, daverob said:

My current MK4 has the digital dash. It has no engine cover, no Isofix covers, no sunglasses storage, lock buttons on front doors only.

On a more exciting note, My ST Line Vignale is getting delivered to my house on Wednesday at 2pm 😍

When did you order out of interest. Thanks

On 1/9/2023 at 1:27 AM, Daz-UK said:

I had the Titanium X my 4 20 plate and never had 4 door keyless. even my titanium my 3.5 didn’t have 4 door keyless.
I’ve only even know it on 2 front doors.

I do agree with the sunglasses holder being took, that is penny pinching in my eyes.

The little storage box near the light controls I don’t miss, my last 2 cars used to rattle and I was forever putting sponge in the to stop them rattling when closed. Nothing was in them, they just never closed with a sealed closure.  So I don’t miss it at all.

I do however still love my car.  The doors shut much better with a thud. And the car does feel more solid to me.

so it loosing the sunglasses holder and little storage box, does that make the Focus sound strong and more screwed together.  Very strange indeed. 

My dad's old MK4 Trend Edition(Zetec in UK) delivered in Oct 2018 has 4 doors keyless, and it's really handy compared to MK4.5 2 doors only.. 😞

On 1/9/2023 at 1:59 PM, naffhairkut said:

Hi all, new to the forum. Still waiting for my new focus st-line to arrive. Ordered back in November 2021 and been given multiple build dates throughout the year & 2 months I've been waiting.

Doesn’t seem to be an end in sight, be told there are delays with the sync 4 module for my order

Have others been told the same or other delays affecting their orders?

My delay was because of a shortage of the sync 4 module however it was finally fitted end of December and the car is on its way to UK now so hopefully they are getting some supply and you will get some movement soon. You sound like you have been unlucky to have ordered in Nov 21 and still waiting!

4 hours ago, Alex Cooper said:

When did you order out of interest. Thanks

January 20th

So 2nd update of 2023. Car still at Dagenham. 😂.  It’s spent longer at Dagenham now than  it did  being shipped to uk 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Jay_90 said:

My delay was because of a shortage of the sync 4 module however it was finally fitted end of December and the car is on its way to UK now so hopefully they are getting some supply and you will get some movement soon. You sound like you have been unlucky to have ordered in Nov 21 and still waiting!

Yeah I do hope so, but latest update from Ford Customer Relationship Centre today is that there is still a constraint that the production team are trying to rectify and they don’t have a rework date at the moment. 

Out of interest, when did you order yours?

19 hours ago, Jo1980 said:

So 2nd update of 2023. Car still at Dagenham. 😂.  It’s spent longer at Dagenham now than  it did  being shipped to uk 

Mine is exactly the same took about two weeks to get to Dagenham. Now been there a couple of days over four weeks. Phone call from UKCRC1 this morning to my query on delivery date no information yet. They are going to phone me again on Friday with an update. Probably will be "no information yet"

IDK if it's just me, but I hear a lot of wind noise on my car and I can feel cold air that's entering into my car, and I can hear the cars that are driving nearby me...On the only MK4 I didn't have this issue...I looked on the seals and they're fine, idk where I should look.. 

On 1/8/2023 at 3:47 PM, Stevie H79 said:

Drive modes - it would be better if the car remained in the same drive mode as the last time the engine was running. Instead having to select Eco or sport on startup every time.

A little easy to install module can be fitted that allows the drive mode to remain as you set it. The same module also allows Start/Stop to always be set to default off instead of on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club