Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

17 hours ago, jsk said:

For the second part of your question this afternoon I was cruising at 60MPH in D and revs were 2000 rpm. Selected L and revs increased to 4000 rpm. Hope this answers your question

Brilliant JSK, your info seems consistent with mine, so all good. Thanks again for clarifying my points. 😁

Just heard from the dealer and after 1 year and 1 day my ST-line Focus has finally arrived with them. Collection booked for 1st March with the new reg 🙂

Excited!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in UK any closer to a delivery date? Almost a year I have been waiting now and I keeping telling myself surely not long now!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! 13 months since I placed the order, the car is finally built and now waiting to be transported! Can't wait!

My car has left Dagenham!!!! I should be the owner of my Focus Estate St Line this month

• Like 4

Finally received my Focus ST-line 155 last week after a wait of 14 months. 

So happy to finally be driving it but sad to see the focus mk2 go!

• Like 3

Stupid question: how in hell do you make the unlock behave from an interior lighting point of view similar to a MK3?

What I mean is:

- In my MK3 when I unlock the car the interior lights turn ON. And stay on for at least 20 seconds. If I enter the car and leave the door open they are still on. Only if I close the door then the light slowly fade away to off. (I do not touch the ignition)

- in the MK4.5 when I unlock the car the interior lights stay completely and idiotically OFF. If I open the door they stay OFF. If I close the door they stay OFF.

The only way to make them go ON is to press the start button to put on the ignition (and not start the engine).

Now the button on the ceiling for the central lights is NOT in always ON position as that would be dumb (it will leave the light on even if you lock the car and leave), nor is it in always OFF position. I left it in the meddle, neutral position where it should behave in my opinion similar to the MK3.

Am I missing anything here? 🤔

1 hour ago, IL Dotore said:

The only way to make them go ON is to press the start button to put on the ignition

That’s not right 🧐 Do the puddle lights come on ? And Daytime running lamps? When you unlock 

2 hours ago, IL Dotore said:

Stupid question: how in hell do you make the unlock behave from an interior lighting point of view similar to a MK3?

What I mean is:

- In my MK3 when I unlock the car the interior lights turn ON. And stay on for at least 20 seconds. If I enter the car and leave the door open they are still on. Only if I close the door then the light slowly fade away to off. (I do not touch the ignition)

- in the MK4.5 when I unlock the car the interior lights stay completely and idiotically OFF. If I open the door they stay OFF. If I close the door they stay OFF.

The only way to make them go ON is to press the start button to put on the ignition (and not start the engine).

Now the button on the ceiling for the central lights is NOT in always ON position as that would be dumb (it will leave the light on even if you lock the car and leave), nor is it in always OFF position. I left it in the meddle, neutral position where it should behave in my opinion similar to the MK3.

Perfectly normal...for me. First thing I did when we got the mk4, turned all the interior lights ovv. Its bad enough the DRLs on constantly without the rest of the xmas tree lights lighting up.

There enough lighting with the HUD, dashboard and the iPad as it is.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, IL Dotore said:

What I mean is:

My interia lights do the same if the car battery is low. And goes back to what it should be once battery level improves.

When you have had the engine running for a while and turn it off the interia lights should come on then, and or you open the door.  If they don't come on then it sounds like you have a problem.

Ok, so I stiil keep the car in the basement, it's not really spring yet (no long jurneys yet).

And it's dark, like pitch black because of the dark non reflective walls, so I would appreciate interior lights.

Low beems and puddle lights are on automatically but they do not illuminate the interior, obviously. 🙂

Now I do admit that when I open the door and expect the digital dash and infotainment screens to turn on they play dumb and stay off.

Never thought it might be from low battery, but that could be a logical cause.

I just hope it's not something else at this point.

But I do remember that when I got the car the dash screen would turn on but still the interior lights would not.

That's why my initial question was focused only on this aspect, ceiling lights, maybe I missed something in the setup.

I want them to behave exactly as in my MK3. I searched in the manual but it has some incompleet statements.

I will have to do one long jurney and hope I don't have the battery issues from one other topic on this forum.

PS. If the battery is low first stage interior lights don't turn on, and second stage, if it's even lower, then also screens don't turn on? (unless you turn on the engine - would make sens)

Since this is a 2022 Focus Mk4.5 why don't you just get the Ford dealer to sort it out ?

• Like 1

Low beems and puddle lights are on automatically but they do not illuminate the interior, obviously. 🙂

I thought maybe they’re somehow connected to the interior light coming on. 

As suggested above … warranty job 

. I searched in the manual but it has some incompleet statements.

90% of this forum are questions because of the manuals incompleet statement’s lol 

On 3/4/2023 at 12:29 PM, Plimp92 said:

Hi sun, did you get your car?

Hi Plimp, yes I did. Got it on 1st March with the new reg. Absolutely love it. The 155bhp with the Auto drives like a dream. Happy with the 17inch alloys too, they go over bumps so well. I was close to upgrading to the 18s at one point but kind of glad I didn't.

Nice one Sun.

Would be nice to see a pic if you have time.

Glad your enjoying it.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, CraigTon said:

Just trying to gauge times/delivery here.

I place my order for Focus Estate 1.0 Ecoboost 155MHEV with optional panoramic roof, family pack, winter pack and design pack on 1st March 2022 and still waiting on delivery! My last was apparently it is built and was at Flushing but this was mid-November.

Has anyone ordered round about the same time and still waiting and do you have an ETA?

My dealership has been great to be fair but they are only at the mercy of the information they receive from Ford themselves

I ordered mine 03/02/2022 and still waiting. Been told Ford progressing has requested a priority load now so fingers crossed my focus will make an appearance very shortly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picking up my jan23 order stline x on Monday 😁

• Like 2

Placed order for ST-Line Estate MHEV on 1st March 2022 and finally collecting it later today. Hope it’s been worth the wait! Photos will follow

• Like 3

So happy with it! Nice little grunt to the engine and will take me a bit to get used to the sync4 but first impressions are good and it seems easy enough to operate. 

A053288E-3EF9-4D4E-A61B-7D7316029CE8.jpeg

3148176D-F5C1-4781-B535-2150F639E1E9.jpeg

A0E81A8D-E501-4B8E-87AB-06FECEB678F4.jpeg

7159CBE4-5428-406B-B06F-1A21CE56154B.jpeg

B2F4F4CB-2650-444D-9B40-BB753D6CA222.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks really smart in silver as an estate.

Lovely car mate.

On 3/9/2023 at 3:26 PM, Plimp92 said:

Nice one Sun.

Would be nice to see a pic if you have time.

Glad your enjoying it.

Just took some pics this evening, it was after 7pm so wasn't the best light to see the pics. Loving the car though

PXL_20230325_183849345~2.jpg

PXL_20230325_183825831.jpg

PXL_20230325_183837422.jpg

• Like 3

Ordered mine in September and collected it 15th March.

• Like 1

The buttons (there’s not many!) they’ve moved -Drive mode-max blowers- Auto hold and park brake ? Also a volume button (handy) and start button moved all below the screen… there is method behind the madness!