Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk. 4.5 Delays

Jibberish333

Hi 

my Ford Focus st line vignale is in Dagenham.

How long is the wait from there?

been told the rail is effecting the delivery by the dealer. I live in Sheffield.

anyone had any similar problems? 

• 3 weeks later...

Had word from dealer that my car is finally here! Ordered 30/01/22, STLine Vignale 155ps in Desert Island Blue.  Being delivered 27/04 - can’t wait.

There is hope for all of you waiting….

• Like 3

I ordered my ST at the end of March and have been told that the factory have given an estimated build date of around mid May, so hopefully should be delivered middle of June.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:00 PM, Nick58894 said:

March last year?

No, this March 2023. He said ST's are taking roughy3-4 months to be builtfrom factory order now.

Just now, sparkymatt said:

No, this March 2023. He said ST's are taking roughy3-4 months to be builtfrom factory order now.

Back to normal (pre Covid) then.

• Like 1

Well, she’s arrived at last! Ordered 31st Jan 2022 and on my driveway this evening. Had a very short drive and so far it exceeds my expectations.  Getting dashcam fitted tomorrow, hopefully give it a good wash and wax and then road trip on Friday to North Devon.  

I’ll post some updates when I have a feel for the car.  Hope the rest of you that are waiting get yours soon.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, Nick58894 said:

Well, she’s arrived at last! Ordered 31st Jan 2022 and on my driveway this evening. Had a very short drive and so far it exceeds my expectations.  Getting Dashcam fitted tomorrow, hopefully give it a good wash and wax and then road trip on Friday to North Devon.  

I’ll post some updates when I have a feel for the car.  Hope the rest of you that are waiting get yours soon.

15 months?

Yep 🙄

It was a long wait, like a lot of posters on here have endured.  But I got a 10k discount on Auto Ebid, so can’t complain too much…

Now I’ve had a chance to test it out on some nice A and B roads, I can say it was worth the wait! I’m really happy with it.  Pulls far better than a 1l eco boost has any right to, handles great and looks really good imo.

Just wish I’d specced the matrix headlamps.  Very glad I went for the ST Line Vignale (X) instead of the standard St Line - little extras like the digital dash make all the difference.

IMG_6251.jpeg

• Like 1

The demonstration mk4.5 at my dealership had some crappy placeholder screen fitted.

It was the same width as the sync4 screen but only half the height, the functionality was limited also.

Luckily my new car came with the correct 13.2" screen

Picked up my Focus Titanium X on Friday, ordered it on the 20th January this year, couldn't believe it after seeing how long others have waited.

20230425_113308.thumb.jpg.c5b84d0030c12038b9fce6a9bb6edba1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slimgeo said:

Picked up my Focus Titanium X on Friday, ordered it on the 20th January this year, couldn't believe it after seeing how long others have waited.

20230425_113308.thumb.jpg.c5b84d0030c12038b9fce6a9bb6edba1.jpg

How much did the desert island blue paint cost? Is it the petrol 155 engine automatic? 

9 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

How much did the desert island blue paint cost? Is it the petrol 155 engine automatic? 

£725 for the desert island blue and it is the petrol 155 mild hybrid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slimgeo said:

£725 for the desert island blue and it is the petrol 155 mild hybrid.

I’ve got a mk4 in the same colour. Cost the same. At the time race red was free, white was £250 the rest were £500+ iirc   . I’m thinking I’ll save some £ on a cheaper colour and spend on hud or reverse camera or something.

Has your engine got an engine cover on it? Some of the later Mk4s didn’t.  

Sorry bout all the questions, I’m close to ordering one now that lead times are reasonable. 

17 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve got a mk4 in the same colour. Cost the same. At the time race red was free, white was £250 the rest were £500+ iirc   . I’m thinking I’ll save some £ on a cheaper colour and spend on hud or reverse camera or something.

Has your engine got an engine cover on it? Some of the later Mk4s didn’t.  

Sorry bout all the questions, I’m close to ordering one now that lead times are reasonable. 

Just checked under the bonnet and there's no engine cover.

• Confused 1

None of the 1.0 EcoBoost Focus's have had an engine cover since late 2020 build afaik.

On 5/3/2023 at 10:20 AM, TomsFocus said:

None of the 1.0 EcoBoost Focus's have had an engine cover since late 2020 build afaik.

Any idea why this is Tom? The now 1L mh has more horses than some of the older 1.5L engines. Not that that should even be a factor.  I’ve seen photos of engines without covers. Basically looks like they need a cover! 😐 

I’ve read people buying and fitting engine covers but for me Motability won’t allow that. If it’s not fitted in the factory it’s a ‘100% no modifications’  from MB. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Any idea why this is Tom? The now 1L mh has more horses than some of the older 1.5L engines. Not that that should even be a factor.  I’ve seen photos of engines without covers. Basically looks like they need a cover! 😐 

Simple cost cutting. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Simple cost cutting. 

If I owned a focus I’d definitely fit a cover. Btw I know you didn’t qualify but AP for STLX is down at £1600.  But then paint and maybe an extra pack talking way over £2k. Next quarter is June 1st. 
I’m getting reviewed now by social security Scotland. You know what it’s like, stressful AF. 

• Like 1

So I was heading to the airport this morning and hit a big old wood pigeon that hopped off the kerb Infront of me. Anyway, it's done a real job on the lower front grill. Had anybody got any ideas of the part number or how easy it would be to replace?

20230510_053746.jpg

30 minutes ago, Jamb0_1874 said:

So I was heading to the airport this morning and hit a big old wood pigeon that hopped off the kerb Infront of me. Anyway, it's done a real job on the lower front grill. Had anybody got any ideas of the part number or how easy it would be to replace?

20230510_053746.jpg

The black square on the right, is that just a cover or is it the radar for something like active cruise or emergency braking? Someone on here will know. 

20 minutes ago, tomo2001 said:

The black square on the right, is that just a cover or is it the radar for something like active cruise or emergency braking? Someone on here will know. 

I have that on my grill, there was nothing behind mine.

The black square is for the adaptive cruise control radar but not all cars have it fitted. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club