Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta Activ question

Rondy

This probably sounds silly but I can't find anywhere for a CD in my new car. Surely it must have one.  Any ideas please?

• Haha 1

CD players have been optional on fords for the last 4-5 years.

You could get an accessory fitted in the glove box for the Fiesta, I don't know if that's still possible.

Most people just use USB for their music.

1 minute ago, Rondy said:

CD in my new car

That's the funniest thing I've heard since @StephenFord upgraded his gramophone to an 8 track cassette.

For our younger members on the forum a 'CD' is a small round flat shiny disc that you can have about "20" music tracks on 🤣 

• Haha 2

It was still an option when I ordered mine, but I don't think it's been on the Fiesta price list even as an option for some years now.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I will transfer onto a USB stick.   Another question:   My car was advertised as having a lumbar support for the driver seat. I can't find anywhere for it. Anyone know If there is one?

Thanks guys for your replies.

8 minutes ago, Rondy said:

My car was advertised as having a lumbar support for the driver seat. I can't find anywhere for it. Anyone know If there is one?

Page 132 of owners manual:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/CG3654en-202007-20200716092737.pdf

seat.JPG

• Like 2

Don't know if the Active is the same, but on mine, it's a little knob near the front of the outside of the seat base, nearest the door. 

I expected it would have been on the backrest! It "supports" in the wrong area of my back, so is of no use to me anyway.

• Like 2

Thanks, I don't think Mine can have a lumbar support. I can't find anything from the manual you gave me there.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

That's the funniest thing I've heard since @StephenFord upgraded his gramophone to an 8 track cassette.

To be accurate, I never had an 8 track, but I remember my dad certainly did in his Cortina LOL When he passed away, he had boxes of 100s of them, all follishly disposed of now - worth a small fortune!

2125671918_8track.thumb.jpg.9b45d4978597dd4fc67b618e34876e2f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

To be accurate, I never had an 8 track

But you don't deny the gramophone 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rondy said:

Thanks, I don't think Mine can have a lumbar support. I can't find anything from the manual you gave me there.

The last pre-facelift price list I have (April 2021) still shows it, but it seems to have disappeared from the face-lift, except the ST. I wonder if they dropped it before the end of the run of the pre-facelift. 

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

To be accurate, I never had an 8 track, but I remember my dad certainly did in his Cortina LOL

We may laugh now, but at least they had the advantage of being easy to change when you were on the move, unlike cassettes. And, If you liked the album, it was a continuous loop so you could hear it again...and again...and again!😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

But you don't deny the gramophone 🤣🤣

Have a look, recently I sold a full box of wax cylinders I inherited from my dad, unfortunately, there was no gramophone LOL (Young'uns will have no idea whatsoever what these even are LOL)

1454383250_waxcylinders.thumb.jpg.b510ef7357fca8fe56651bd79e14ea6c.jpg

• Like 1

Got to add - I remember seeing a unit at the London motor show some time in the mid-late 70's which did actually play 7" records. I think it used a very small thin wheel instead of a stylus. But it didn't have an autochanger.

So there you go - probably several words there that anyone under 50 won't know what they mean.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alanfp said:

Got to add - I remember seeing a unit at the London motor show some time in the mid-late 70's which did actually play 7" records. I think it used a very small thin wheel instead of a stylus. But it didn't have an autochanger.

My dad had one of those too (he owned a 'record' shop) Darn thing skipped like h*ll and was pretty much useless LOL You fed the 45 into it like a CD player, was pretty cool actually even though it didn't work!

Sounds like the one. Though I might have remembered incorrectly about it only being able to take one record. But it was 45 years ago.

Another question If someone can help.  The car lights are apparently set on AUTO.  Trouble is that when I go out in the dark (Mostly early mornings about 5am)  The headlights shine into neighbours houses. 

I have looked through that manual above but can't make head or tale about them.  Is there a way to just have side lights on and turn on the headlights when I'm away from houses.

Sorry to keep asking but this new car is so different from my old car which was a Eco Sport.

2 minutes ago, Rondy said:

Another question If someone can help.  The car lights are apparently set on AUTO.  Trouble is that when I go out in the dark (Mostly early mornings about 5am)  The headlights shine into neighbours houses. 

I have looked through that manual above but can't make head or tale about them.  Is there a way to just have side lights on and turn on the headlights when I'm away from houses.

Sorry to keep asking but this new car is so different from my old car which was a Eco Sport.

No, cars have to default to auto lights everytime you start the car due to legislation.

Best you can do is just to turn them to parking lights after you've started and then back to normal after.

But I'd also argue that unless you are sat stationary with your headlights blaring in, then it's not really your problem. If they don't like having lights coming in through their windows even briefly they can get blackout blinds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

No, cars have to default to auto lights everytime you start the car due to legislation.

I'm wondering if they could introduce legislation to limit the use of the horn to an 'emergency' type situation, rather than selfish pigs using it as a 'cheerio' when they drive off from a friends house, hence disturbing about 8 neighbouring households!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I'm wondering if they could introduce legislation to limit the use of the horn to an 'emergency' type situation,

Sorry Stephen but not at least for another 10 years !!

The government has all ready made changes just to accommodate 'you' 🤔 Last year they ended the use of 'GB' on cars as the international identifier. As of 2021 we now have to use 'UK' so that it includes 'NI' which is fair enough but did confuse me for the last couple of weeks when I thought we suddenly had a lot of vehicles from the Ukraine driving about   🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Best you can do is just to turn them to parking lights after you've started and then back to normal after.

But I'd also argue that unless you are sat stationary with your headlights blaring in, then it's not really your problem. If they don't like having lights coming in through their windows even briefly they can get blackout blinds.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

As of 2021 we now have to use 'UK' so that it includes 'NI' which is fair enough but did confuse me for the last couple of weeks when I thought we suddenly had a lot of vehicles from the Ukraine driving about   🤣

I'll worry if we see vehicles with a big "Z" on them!

• 2 weeks later...

I rang the dealer, really because when I ordered the car I stipulated I had to have one with Lumbar support owing to a back problem I have. He told me that there was no problem and that all Fiesta Activ do have Lumbar supports. The dealer rang me back and said the Fiesta Activ doesn't have a Lumbar support. I told him what he had promised and what I particularly asked for and all he said was "Sorry"

10 minutes ago, Rondy said:

The dealer rang me back and said the Fiesta Activ doesn't have a Lumbar support. I told him what he had promised and what I particularly asked for and all he said was "Sorry"

If you really want, you can legally demand a full refund as it was 'mis-sold' which breaks consumer legislation... That may lead to a bargaining chip to see if they can fit a superior seat for you FOC.

• Like 2