Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 rubber door seal

Alex.S

Just noticed on the bottom of my driver door the rubber seal has detached itself, about 3 inches. Also a little damage on the inside seal. The car will be 3 years old in October. I assume this would be a warranty job? It’s due in for the 36k mile service pretty soon. I tried a bit of tape but I think it’s needing heavy duty double sided tape 🤔 or ford to replace the whole thing 🧐 

I’ll attach photos 

4D312A67-EB52-419F-B064-99ADA515E4EE.jpeg

FC69F511-B786-43FA-94CE-3A47742CA292.jpeg

The photo of damage next to the ST Line badge I think is probably more of an issue than the door seal hanging down. And probably both connected 🤔 but my concern is the door seal potentially getting caught in the door, making it worse. 

I guess they still haven't learnt from the mk3 days.

A lot of dealers try to pass this off as trim and won't fix it after the first year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I guess they still haven't learnt from the mk3 days.

A lot of dealers try to pass this off as trim and won't fix it after the first year.

As long as it’s considered wear and tear, which it surely is. If the dealer refuses to fix it under warranty I think motability will approve the repair. 

If they say no rip it off and whack them in the puss with it🤣 na that would make me mad. I wonder why they decided to cheap out on their trims  after the MK2.

• Like 1

Your question answers itself, surely. To save money.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mjt said:

Your question answers itself, surely. To save money.

And to make more fixing it.

I would have thought that would be warranty. Known issue , ford have a fix for it . So manufacturer design fault. 

• Like 3

Mine started to fall off and I just got some super strong double sided tape to fix it, first car I've ever had were the door seals fall off.

Not keen on the rubber seals around the door, they feel more like plastic than rubber, hence getting wind noise sometimes, my previous car was an MR2, the seals actually felt like rubber and were soft an squashy.

1 hour ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

...my previous car was an MR2, the seals actually felt like rubber and were soft an squashy.

You see, Toyota know how to build a quality reliable car. (both the Mk1 and Mk2 MR2 were well built sports cars!)  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You see, Toyota know how to build a quality reliable car. (both the Mk1 and Mk2 MR2 were well built sports cars!)  

I had the MK3, I owned it for 12 years and no problems, needed a 4 seater.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

I'm guessing your own fault! The 2 x seater was to pull the opposite s*x, the four seater a necessary after effect of doing so LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I had a MK1  one of the last built, G reg.  2 years old with 10K miles when I got it. Had it for  11 years and put  another 119000 miles later, the only breakdown I had was the alternator belt broke after leaving it a VERY muddy field for 5 days of Glastonbury. Traded it in in 2003 for £2000 against a brand new micra.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

I had a MK1  one of the last built, G reg.  2 years old with 10K miles when I got it. Had it for  11 years and put  another 119000 miles later, the only breakdown I had was the alternator belt broke after leaving it a VERY muddy field for 5 days of Glastonbury. Traded it in in 2003 for £2000 against a brand new micra.

From a MR2 to a Micra , That’d be devastating! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Devastating is going from 320hp Mazda 3 to 100hp MK3 focus ecoboost, and to keep on topic the seals fell that focus too🤣🤣

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I loved my 1.5 diesel Micra, super economical, and I could actually fit the shopping in it 🤣

21 hours ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

Bought the MR2 as my main vehicle was a motor bike, Bought a 4 seater as I'm now a grandad, the back seats still haven't been used yet.

Exactly the same thing happened to my drivers door about 6 months ago used gorilla tape and it’s sorted did use normal duct tape but kept coming off and was hanging down every time I opened the door. Definitely money saving on that stuff real crap

• Like 1

I used some sort of silicone adhesive from a tube. successfully. It's lasted for 5 years now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonny be good said:

Exactly the same thing happened to my drivers door about 6 months ago used gorilla tape and it’s sorted did use normal duct tape but kept coming off and was hanging down every time I opened the door. Definitely money saving on that stuff real crap

Did u not get it fixed under warranty?

11 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Did u not get it fixed under warranty?

If it happened to mine, I would probably fix it myself, it probably would be less hassle.

• Like 1

£4 for a bottle of superglue....have done 3 Focus' with it now 👍

• Like 1

Gorilla glue does the trick!

Had to do this on my past 2 Focus .....thought they would have fixed it by now!

Always a sight to see a focus driving around with the flappy door seal hanging out! 😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 9:00 PM, lisaspoon said:

Always a sight to see a focus driving around with the flappy door seal hanging out! 😆

That’s been me last few weeks!! Dealership glued it back on last week. Also the screenwash leak was a hose. Got 2nd full service 36k miles although was only at 34.5k . Time flys , it’ll be due a MOT in October. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club