Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga Maps update

GeoffDavey

I have a 2016 Kuga (66 plate) and wish to update the SatNav/maps. I have followed Sync instructions and the Satnav screen has showed the messages 'system software updating' and 'system software successfully updated'.

However, the maps have not been updated.

Any advice please?

Geoff

Which sync do you have 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 4:17 PM, GeoffDavey said:

I have a 2016 Kuga (66 plate) and wish to update the SatNav/maps. I have followed Sync instructions and the Satnav screen has showed the messages 'system software updating' and 'system software successfully updated'.

However, the maps have not been updated.

Any advice please?

Geoff

you have to check the website again and upload a log file from the 1st update which should have been created on the usb stick then it will create a new download around 23gb in size for maps 

• 3 months later...

Hi. I have the same problem on a 2017 Kuga. I updated the system files. Returned the XML file back to Ford and down loaded the massive map file. When I plugged my USB stick back in nothing happened. The status page says I am up to date but checking the map it is clear that the old map is still being used( new roads in our area circa 2yrs ago not shown). Can anyone help please?

• 1 month later...

I was having difficulty updating my maps to F11 on my 2021 Kuga and after a long five hour journey and a lot of Sync restarts and key cycles it was still showing F10. I decided to try the Cyanlabs update procedure but after three hours I was still in the same position no map update. As the system does not indicate any percentage of how far the update has progressed I ran the Cyanlabs interrogator and comparing the map file list and my Sync list I discovered that I still had the five files to be copied, so after another two hours I finally got the maps updated F11.

I have got to say the update procedure for Sync is pretty poor in all aspects, a simple indication of percentage completed and not having to have the engine running for long periods would be of some help.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rayferry said:

I have got to say the update procedure for Sync is pretty poor in all aspects, a simple indication of percentage completed and not having to have the engine running for long periods would be of some help.

I don't think anyone would disagree. The whole Sync update process to put it politely, is at best poor and at worst diabolical. It is akin to a sixth form school IT project, not actually something for mass commercial use. It's to be hoped that the same software engines never get involved with Airbus navigation. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club