Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting p0380-61 and reduced revs after resetting additive counter on Focus 2009 Diesel

Golfmad

Hi

This is a follow on from my previous post. After getting Forscan I ran a counter reset and a prime and that seemed to remove all the error codes related to the additive tank. However after starting the car and driving less than a mile then new P0380 warning popped up and the revs wouldn't go above 3000. Got back home and left it for a few hours went back to the car and the error was still there as soon as I started the car.

In the afternoon I started up the car again and no error, thought great! Took it for a spin and again within half a mile the error popped back up and the revs reduced.

Any idea how to resolve this or had experience with it? I understand that it may be glow plug related but others have mentioned about checking the fuse and the relay, others have said the plugs must be ok because without them the car wouldn't start at all.

The 1.6 TDCI starts easily without glowplugs at this time of year.

It does seem like an odd coincidence straight after your last issue but when this happened on mine, it genuinely was because of faulty glowplugs.  

I know I can’t quite work it out. I read somewhere that it can kick in when it’s performing a regen, because the car needs the glow plugs to perform a regen. However I can’t imagine it kicking in after only half a mile

Just been out in it and again it pretty much threw the error up as I started the car. Tried resetting the error in Forscan but it came straight back again. 

5 hours ago, Golfmad said:

I know I can’t quite work it out. I read somewhere that it can kick in when it’s performing a regen, because the car needs the glow plugs to perform a regen. However I can’t imagine it kicking in after only half a mile

It could be the first time it's tried to regen now that the Eolys system isn't being flagged as faulty.  Though the plugs are always used for some time after startup to keep emissions down on these anyway.  

The fact that it's returning does make it seem like the plugs are faulty.  Do you have a multimeter to test them?  

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I have booked it into the garage to get a diagnostic on the plugs as I don't have the kit to test them and I read that removing them can be an issue if they break.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/17/2022 at 11:38 PM, Golfmad said:

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I have booked it into the garage to get a diagnostic on the plugs as I don't have the kit to test them and I read that removing them can be an issue if they break.

Hi, Did you ever get this issue sorted?

I'm getting the exact same code.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:13 PM, Johnboy4063 said:

Hi, Did you ever get this issue sorted?

Untitled.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club