Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus C Max DPF Eoyls

CmaxChris

Hi guys 

I'm looking at purchasing a 56 plate (Jan 2007 euro 4) 1.6TDCi focus C Max. Would anyone be able to tell me if it has a dpf and/this Eoyls fluid? I've had a look online but can't seem to find anything about it anywhere apart from it should have a dpf. Registration is AY56KDZ if that helps. The car is about 90min drive away so not too easy to check it out myself lol. Many thanks. 

Just checked ETIS but that reg can't be found.  Must have had a private plate at some point.

It's a 110bhp model so it's a fairly safe bet that it will have a DPF on that year.  Could you ask the seller for an engine bay picture?

Hi I messaged the guy and got him to send me a pic of the engine bay. Hope this helps. 

received_504254961093212.jpeg

Edited by CmaxChris
Sent wrong picture

I'm not so worried if it has a dpf it's more the fluid I'm concerned about as never used it and don't know what it's about. WF0MXXGCDM7c30288  

is the vin if that helps 

5 hours ago, CmaxChris said:

I'm not so worried if it has a dpf it's more the fluid I'm concerned about as never used it and don't know what it's about. WF0MXXGCDM7c30288  

is the vin if that helps 

Yep, that works.  

Stage IV + DPF Emissions

So it does have a DPF, and will be an Eolys DPF at that age.

The Eolys fluid should last at least 37.5k miles but many will double that!  It's not a regular top up like ad blue used on newer diesels.  It's a bit of a pain to top up but can be done on a driveway if you're fairly flexible.

I rang ford earlier to see if they knew and after a lot of going through to a lot of departments they confirmed it had the fluid. Ford quoted me 450 quid to top it up! Read something online that the dpf is only good for 100k miles and the car is on approx 112k I believe. Does that seem likely that it's gonna need to be replaced if I purchased it? Sorry to sound daft but never heard of this stuff until I was looking online at the specs lol. 

9 hours ago, CmaxChris said:

I rang ford earlier to see if they knew and after a lot of going through to a lot of departments they confirmed it had the fluid. Ford quoted me 450 quid to top it up! Read something online that the dpf is only good for 100k miles and the car is on approx 112k I believe. Does that seem likely that it's gonna need to be replaced if I purchased it? Sorry to sound daft but never heard of this stuff until I was looking online at the specs lol. 

It might have already had a DPF replacement at that mileage.  The recommended service life was 75k.  (Hence exactly half that for checking the fluid.)  Not sure where the £450 price came from, you can buy a bottle online for about £30 and an indy garage should only charge about an hours labour.  So around £100 all in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club