Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapping

Paul ambrose

hi people am new here as only just bought my car. I have just purchased a 1.5 diesel focus st line focus, done it for cost purposes as I had a skoda Octavia vrs before which was juicy. Went for the focus as it looks the part has the gadgets and is cheaper to run. But am still thinking I would like it remapped, as done all my other cars

question I ask though is would I see much Benifit? Hopefully someone can tell me before I spend the money to do it.

40 minutes ago, Paul ambrose said:

hi people am new here as only just bought my car. I have just purchased a 1.5 diesel focus st line focus, done it for cost purposes as I had a skoda Octavia vrs before which was juicy. Went for the focus as it looks the part has the gadgets and is cheaper to run. But am still thinking I would like it remapped, as done all my other cars

question I ask though is would I see much Benifit? Hopefully someone can tell me before I spend the money to do it.

Just look up your vehicle on Bluefin or Celtic Tuning and their web sites will show you just how much BHP and torque you'll gain.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

Just look up your vehicle on Bluefin or Celtic Tuning and their web sites will show you just how much BHP and torque you'll gain.

Yeh have done that, but I just wondered if it would be beneficial, or if I don’t notice much difference and it’s money not well spent. Thanks for the reply though👍

4 minutes ago, Paul ambrose said:

Yeh have done that, but I just wondered if it would be beneficial, or if I don’t notice much difference and it’s money not well spent. Thanks for the reply though👍

No worries mate.

To be honest the 1.5 TDCi isn't very tuneable, so the quoted gains aren't massive.  It should make it feel a bit perkier/sharper than the stock map but I doubt if it's going to feel truly transformative.

Amusingly, I just checked my 2005 1.8 TDCi out via Celtic Tuning and despite being based on an 80s engine with the modern bits bolted on, their standard map would give me more power and torque than an engine 20+ years its junior (design wise).

Well I appreciate your point of view, it’s only because I’m coming out of a fast car I was worried how I would feel in a slower one. but I’ve actually been impressed by the Diesel engine so far and it’s not as sluggish as I thought. Maybe I’ll save the money for something else.

much appreciated👍👍 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club