Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Sun Blind Calibration

simps100

Hi all,

Have a MK4 focus Vignale with Pano roof - I prefer the black interior of the ST / ST Line so picked up a headlining / blind from a breaker and installed it this weekend.

All went well apart from now the sun blind won’t automatically close - it gets to the end and the bounces back a small way - manually closing it will work but If you press for too long will bounce back too - I’ve tried various button combinations from the workshop manual but this seems to be more for the glass which is all working fine? Also tried the same buttons combo to fix the bounce back on windows but no luck so far just wondering if anyone has seen this with their sun shade and has any suggestions? Not put the car fully back together yet just incase needs to come down again! Have uploaded video of what’s happening below.

Thanks

Marc

I can only advise to start engine and run it through each of it's cycles a few times, but when it gets to the end of each cycle hold the button for six seconds

I've seen this problem before. From memory I think the reset procedure for the blind is:

Press and hold the sun blind switch in the forward position (close). Keep the button pressed and allow the blind to close. Keep your finger on the button, after a moment it will start to reverse, keep your finger on the button, it will eventually fully retract, still keep your finger on the button, after a few moments it will close again. You still have to keep the button pressed and it will do the whole thing one more time. when it closes at the end of the second full cycle - release the button !!

Good luck 👍

6 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

I can only advise to start engine and run it through each of it's cycles a few times, but when it gets to the end of each cycle hold the button for six seconds

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I've seen this problem before. From memory I think the reset procedure for the blind is:

Press and hold the sun blind switch in the forward position (close). Keep the button pressed and allow the blind to close. Keep your finger on the button, after a moment it will start to reverse, keep your finger on the button, it will eventually fully retract, still keep your finger on the button, after a few moments it will close again. You still have to keep the button pressed and it will do the whole thing one more time. when it closes at the end of the second full cycle - release the button !!

Good luck 👍

Thanks both - gave both a try and no luck - I’m glad you mention you’ve seen this before makes me even more sure it’s more of a config problem and not something messed up when swapping it!

Owners manual only mentions about bounce back in the sun roof it’s self I did try these instructions anyway and no luck. Very little troubleshooting in the manual for the shade

Was the old sunblind fully open or fully closed when removed?  Just wondering if the new one has been installed at a point 'past' where the old stop used to be.  Just thinking out loud really!  I take it you've checked for any calibration or reset procedures in Forscan?

It was fully open / rolled up  and installed the new blind the same way - I did have a quick look in forscan will check again to see if there’s anything for it! Fingers crossed it is just a calibration thing and don’t need to get the roof down again 😄

38 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Is the roof fully calibrated?

Roof it’s self is working OK just the blind - I did try run the calibration on the roof - some videos mostly on US cars seem to suggest calibrating the roof does both but my blind didn’t move when I did the roof so not sure if it’s the same on uk focus?

Close the roof, then press and hold the close button for at least 6 seconds and see if the blind moves, don't let go of the button even if it bounces back, it may run a full open close to calibrate itself.

Do the same with the open button

Try, it, it may work. Engine on

3 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Close the roof, then press and hold the close button for at least 6 seconds and see if the blind moves, don't let go of the button even if it bounces back, it may run a full open close to calibrate itself.

Do the same with the open button

Try, it, it may work. Engine on

Will try this - when you say hold the button do you mean the 1 click of the button for manual operation or 2nd click for one touch?

Just tried this - it calibrates the roof fine but does nothing with the blind hmm - tried the same combo buttons with the blind controls and does not work just keeps closing and bouncing back - it’s odd as only thing really changed is the physical blind not the motors or anything really strange 

4 hours ago, simps100 said:

just keeps closing and bouncing back

If we assume that the bounce back is working correctly and not a calibration problem, then the fault must be that the blind is partly jamming up just before it's fully closed. Check the alignment of the blind, is it 'square' in the frame ? do both sides reach the closed position at the same time?

Move the blind back to the mid point and then press for auto close. While it's closing just try holding it back and see how much or how little force is needed to trigger the bounce back. This should give you an idea of just how much the blind maybe binding in the guides causing the issue.

I reckon there's a chance that the blind you have bought is faulty. Where did it come from?

11 hours ago, unofix said:

If we assume that the bounce back is working correctly and not a calibration problem, then the fault must be that the blind is partly jamming up just before it's fully closed. Check the alignment of the blind, is it 'square' in the frame ? do both sides reach the closed position at the same time?

Move the blind back to the mid point and then press for auto close. While it's closing just try holding it back and see how much or how little force is needed to trigger the bounce back. This should give you an idea of just how much the blind maybe binding in the guides causing the issue.

Did try this - for me to make it to bounce back it did take a fair amount of force but didn’t feel unusual - will check the alignment to make sure it is 100% square but from looking at it inside the car both sides do seem to reach the end at the same time

4 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

I reckon there's a chance that the blind you have bought is faulty. Where did it come from?

I’ve only replaced the blind it’s self not the motors etc come from a breakers yard - there is process c in the workshop manual which I’m wondering if I need to do but all these seem to only apply to the roof rather than the blind?

18A517E4-15AF-4EC9-93D2-78CABB453771.thumb.jpeg.e3fcd6446ee03925bfc93a4bb1b10381.jpeg

You may need to remove the blind motor, let it close or open then attach to the blind, I think the timing is out

• 10 months later...

Hi my pan roof sun blind folds in to the car wen it’s rolling back could you help with that please 

Hi my sunroof blind on my focus st 2019 folds in to the car when I press it back any1 got any ideas wit it can be please

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club