Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam - struggling!

PumaNoTwo

On my second Puma now (they did me a great deal to change early) and opted to have the Ford dashcam fitted on this one. 

It’s all set up and I’ve put the app on my phone. I thought I would be able to go in to my phone and watch things back, or at least find there the things that have been recorded when I’ve pressed the button and asked it to record an ‘event’… but there is never anything in the app for me to watch. I’ve had it since 2nd March. 

Will it only provide me with footage if it detects I’ve had an accident? Is it user error (I have read the instructions) or is it faulty… or is it not designed to work the way I thought it would work? 

Try YouTube, might be a video and try other Ford forums

The only guy I've seen on these forums that truly knows how the Ford dashcam works is @Lumberjack if he sees your post he might be able to explain how to set it up and use it correctly.

16 hours ago, unofix said:

...if he sees ...

He sees 🙂 .Thanks for the tag.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:05 PM, PumaNoTwo said:

...Will it only provide me with footage if it detects I’ve had an accident? ...

Hi Sarah,

This dashcam do that for sure. Please take a look at this topic that cover a lot of DashCam's functionality and please let me know if there is anything that I can explain further:

Here's our YouTube channel. You can find here beside some other stuff, some DashCam's videos that could help you.

Also you will find here the actual dashcam installation on Puma 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3RNN5HkuzcdZNQjjknOlA

Please ask me any question you may have.

Ovidiu.

• Like 1

As the Youtube video points out a professional installation is the way to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks - sorry it’s taken me a while to get back to you. 

I had it installed by Ford before I collected the car. 

So what I can gather is, there will only ever be anything to watch in the app if I have an accident? I have pressed the button while driving many times and nothing ever shows up in the app as an ‘event’. Part of the reason people have dashcams is not for their own collisions but so that they can help with footage when other people need it.  
I’ve never known a dashcam where there is only something to see if you actually have a collision. As it records nothing at the moment, how do I know it will do it when needed? 

Unless I’ve badly misunderstood I feel like I’ve wasted a couple of hundred pounds here. 

9 minutes ago, PumaNoTwo said:

So what I can gather is, there will only ever be anything to watch in the app if I have an accident?

No.

It operates like most dashcams. If you have a specific question then I'm sure @Lumberjack will try and assist you.

9 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

...So what I can gather is, there will only ever be anything to watch in the app if I have an accident? ...

Obviously not. This device works as any dashcam plus a number of other cool features.

If your dashcam do not start recording, please make sure the following:

• Every time you turn the ignition ON, Ford logo should turn GREEN then BLUE:

image.thumb.png.c8a0a497aec208e6abf78d6d2f36efc0.pngimage.thumb.png.b1cb9957cda07d20d45ca6e9f0c01bf7.png

• Start the Ford dashcam app, pair your phone with the DashCam (as shown in the user manual that you can find inside the app)

image.thumb.png.5bd0171a9f69e09d56ff5027259e48b7.png image.thumb.png.163dc63b02fb1d251f9c6b031b176a03.png image.thumb.png.7cbd88bf9c569abe3ac06fd0f1e3ff03.png

and the device should appear as ready:

image.png.d9b87f3cd78c537650034246dc541a96.png

• Select your DashCam, enter settings and Continuous recording should be switched ON

image.thumb.png.9ac884ff55c69d5dec3b68f8551ec7f8.png image.thumb.png.86b85aa20c25623d2eaaa711eaa30752.png

10 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

...I have pressed the button while driving many times and nothing ever shows up in the app as an ‘event’...

While driving, when you press the Ford logo button, it should turn BLUE and a EVENT type video should start. Please take notice that a long press on that button will switch the DashCam off until you switch the ignition off then on again (next time you start the car).

Another thing, please check the DashCam's firmware version:

image.thumb.png.9ac884ff55c69d5dec3b68f8551ec7f8.png image.thumb.png.ff7e12ff16bedcab199e7000f8be8800.png

If the firmware version is any other than 7.00(4)/ SENSOR 2.00(0) do the following:

• Make sure you have the latest app version:
    • 4.00(3) - iOS
    • 1.1.76 - Android
  • Enter settings, click on Firmware update and follow the app's instructions.

If there is anything different than this, please let me know. Send pictures, print screens, videos, anything you think it may help.

Here or on our email address: mobile.app@falcon.ro

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I will check the firmware. 

First question though… do I have to go through that whole pairing process every time I get in the car? I paired it in the showroom when I picked the car up and assumed that meant it would be paired from then on? 

I’ve checked the firmware and it is the correct one. 
 I’ve been out since I last posted and  when I start the car the dashcam button doesn’t go green then blue; there is no green, only a short delay and then blue. 

I’ve sat in the car and linked via Wi-Fi (which was not automatic despite having done this already and it took a while) and there are now video clips in the app! So we’re part way there, but surely nobody sits and links via Wi-Fi before every journey? You just want to get in the car and go. I don’t have to reconnect my phone to the car each time I go out - it does it automatically. 

Now I am back in the house there are no clips. Do I really have to go out and sit in the car each time I want to look at something that has been recorded? 

Thank you - I do appreciate the help. 

15 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

… do I have to go through that whole pairing process every time I get in the car?

No. Once the dashcam is paired, will remain paired until you delete manually the pairing (from app or phone).

12 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

... there is no green, only a short delay and then blue...

Should be always green before blue. Only time when there's just the blue one is when a Park type video is created.

Please check and tell me the answer to the question below.

13 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

... and there are now video clips in the app! ...

What kind? (Video, Event, Crash, or Park).

...So we’re part way there, but surely nobody sits and links via Wi-Fi before every journey? You just want to get in the car and go. I don’t have to reconnect my phone to the car each time I go out - it does it automatically...

The BT connection is made automatically when the dashcam is powered on and the app running with the phone in range. BT connection is the only connection you need for controlling the dashcam.

The wifi is necessary only when a high speed connection is needed:  for file managing (view and download) and live stream. That's not an every day event. Anyway, not for me 😁.

... Now I am back in the house there are no clips. Do I really have to go out and sit in the car each time I want to look at something that has been recorded? ...

That's not good... You do not have to look for the recordings. It should always be there.

Anyway, please tell me what kind of videos are recorded and will take it from there.

• Like 1

Ok… 

When I’m in the car and I don’t connect to the Wi-Fi, I have no video clips. (The No Records Found photo)

F3AB85EC-7FD5-47A7-BCFD-6D60426ECD7C.thumb.png.737043fef1e1e51dcbaf7ac38f36d276.png

When I connect via Wi-Fi I have everything - video, crash, park, event, snapshot. (All the other images - I swear I have not crashed, but I know it saves a video if it detects anything that might be one.)

30640E98-533B-408F-A1CC-A2726752A4D7.thumb.png.1da347c83660017aa27bc6bc5aa67df7.pngAEE68D25-5258-4CEF-92D4-9E9FC444CFC6.thumb.png.b2c5b21abc924d5e179acc176d99a05d.png

Now I’m back in the house I’m back to No Records Found. 

I had no green light when I initially started the car but when I turned it off and on again after connecting via Wi-Fi I had the green light and then the blue. 

Thank you! 

133B8C1A-549D-4E00-8131-C276E3B1EC74.png

A116B3FF-E4AF-40B1-8CAA-FE20D02A743F.png

12611985-3517-45F8-9719-B8133F026903.png

16 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

...When I’m in the car and I don’t connect to the Wi-Fi, I have no video clips. (The No Records Found photo)...

Ok, I got it. Everything is normal and that's why:

There are two locations where the files are stored: on SD Card and Local.

To view and operate (download, delete) with the SD Card files you have to connect the wifi as requested per app. They are organized by type: Crash, Event, Video, Park and Photos.  Please take notice that only the Video type files will be overwritten by the newest recordings. The rest you will have to delete it manually.

image.thumb.png.95e5b72222be9490ad5608d96d52b1d4.png

You can select the files you need to keep from SD Card and download them to you phone. From that moment, those files will appear on Local files tab and will be available when the dashcam is disconnected too.

If you do not download any file, the Local files tab will be empty:

image.thumb.png.dd6650ee555b5a965ec7cbfeb029e53d.png

16 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

... (All the other images - I swear I have not crashed, but I know it saves a video if it detects anything that might be one.)...

The DashCam's G sensor is pretty sensitive and a sudden brake, or a speed bump, pothole, or a tight turn made while accelerating will generate a Crash type video. It have to be sensitive to be able to do his job properly. Anyway, review the recording from time to time and clean (format) the SD Card. I'm doing this on my laptop. It's easier that way. 

• Like 1

Amazing thank you! 
Good to know it’s all working as it should - it needs to come with instructions written by you! 😂 

4 hours ago, PumaNoTwo said:

...Good to know it’s all working as it should ...

I'm glad everything worked out 🙂.

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club